New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1091888 times)

Offline dabprod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Yes I take RT42 to Forestburgh RD my camp is up the RD. We fish up there a lot. If you want to meet up let me know.

You got it Shawn, lookig forward to it. Dan
HARD WATER IS COOL !!!!!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
There is ice all most all around the lakes on my hunting camp in Forestburgh about 10 min away from Highland Lake. I hope we can meet up with you guy's this year. Last year we fished the same lakes but diffrent spot's
...... that will not happen again this year.....we will meet up..... ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
And, it won't be long now, as long as the weather holds up for the next week.....I sat down with Mother Nature this afternoon at lunchtime...had a nice long talk, made a couple compromises...have to see if it all pans out... ::)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i'd say small ponds and back water coves before x-mass...maybe next week for the shallow water....

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
keep us posted guys! ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
if this cold snap holds.. i'll be on ice by weds....small ponds have around inch or 2....tomorrow when i  hunt the last day of rifle.. i'll hack a hole in the camp pond..... :)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
if you can poke up by Lower woods.....it oughta be locked up and ready for next weekend....I'm dyin' to get out of this house for a day.... ::)

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Dan;
Looks like you took those pictures by the spillway ::)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
hey tim!
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline dabprod

• Team IceShanty Regular
Dan;
Looks like you took those pictures by the spillway ::)

Hi timster, I guess you're talking about the three pics on Bass Pond at Wolf Lake? Yea, I just pulled my truck off the road before the spillway and snapped a few. Been good and cold as
you know, 11 degres will make some ice, now the main lake is skimmed over except a few open spots out in the middle. I haven't ventured out onto Bass Pond to drill a few holes. I leave
that to the young guys. ;D  I don't need to be first, but I do need to be SAFE!!! Do you fish up here?

Dan
HARD WATER IS COOL !!!!!

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
how is wolf lake I have never fished it

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline dabprod

• Team IceShanty Regular
how is wolf lake I have never fished it

Hi, Wolf Lake is a private lake in Sullivan County, a little over three hundred acres. Fishing was much better years ago, I've been here twenty five years.
HARD WATER IS COOL !!!!!

Offline Looper

• Team IceShanty Regular
Wolf Lake is great!

L

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
anybody get on the ice this weekend.  It should be really
good next weekend if it stays cold.  man i wish I had sick days left.

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Was out on a small pond Friday nite...just to check it.....Holehawg--I just got back from a ride to my Favorite private lake up by me...locked up ...possibly I'll be out next weekend.. ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
depends on what happens today down here...things was capped and getting ready(1 to 2 inches).. but rain / sleet right now... :-\ even narrowsburg /river cove was getting close...gonna have to wait and see... :-\ how was the ice show ???????? all it was cracked up to be ?????????????????

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
The Christian Bros girls were nice....lots of gear, plenty of IS members, including Iceballs....was the first guy in the door at 10 am and was ready to go home by 1 ish   got some new ideas for making products....talked with Genz and Jason Mitchell....but wasn't as big as I expected

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
we have freezing rain here. :-\

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
rain here now pooley... >:(...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
you know topher...i just seen pics of that strikemaster glide right sled...i feel another sled project in the making.... ;) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
that thing in real life is about as tall as a 5 gallon pail and as long as one laying down...... make one heck of a bait sled though...

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
topher, we are all hoping to use our tip-downs this year! thanks from all of us! :clap: :bow: :icefish:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
You are all welcome....and thanks for the reminder...I gotta get my leaders done and get them "tuned up"

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
that thing in real life is about as tall as a 5 gallon pail and as long as one laying down...... make one heck of a bait sled though...
i'm thinking about building it longer [4ft] with ski's under it ...perhaps with a 2 pail set up since i could keep frambil polars in one ...bait in the other...rest of it wudd be storeage for other gear... just wud have to design a way to strap the jiffy on there... ;) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
speaking of that, just finished the auger mount on the ol' jet sled....gonna hafta piggyback the sleds if i bring out the flipover shantie(s)...but it looks ok...got a militia sticker on it

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
the militia sticker is a must! ;)

Offline Hammer614

• Team IceShanty Regular
hey guys....just wanted to stop by and say Hi. Hope everyone had a good summer....hoping to get together with you guys sometime this winter.
Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!!

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i'm thinking about building it longer [4ft] with ski's under it ...perhaps with a 2 pail set up since i could keep frambil polars in one ...bait in the other...rest of it wudd be storeage for other gear... just wud have to design a way to strap the jiffy on there... ;) ;D

in other words....build one like YO's and Pooley's sleds.... except with an auger rack on top

Nice to see ya back Hammer.....ice will be ready soon !!!

Offline timster

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Hey Chris;;;
Dan,yes I do fish Wolf lake and Bass pond,I go to the contest with the Blakesleys every year and also fish Yankee lake,Masten lake too. We all like to stay semi close to home since the beers always taste so gooooood on the ice :thumbsup: :icefish:

The ponds around here are all iced over haven't had time this weekend to see how much, was to busy with fire house stuff ,,I wish I got paid for being chief ;D The Commish's said they will give me a 100% raise after Jan. 1
 ??? ??? ::)

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
speaking of that, just finished the auger mount on the ol' jet sled..

do you have a picture of that?

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.