New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1091828 times)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Alright ! Twist my arm ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yeah...we get them up at sandy pond for pike....hard to get around here...if this cold snap holds we'll have ice...shallow parts of welcome lake was skimmed over pretty good.... ;D ;D ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
the 10 day forecast up this way is looking good for the ice making operation....to top that off, the power auger rack for my old Jet sled was made today, gotta paint and attach the pieces together.....tip ups are ready, jigging stuff is ready, Just need me to get ready...hopefully getting carpet this coming weekend   ;D ;D

And, Don't forget to sign up for the Tourney guys n gals ;D

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Holehawg, Gander Mtn in JC up by where I work NOW has 4-6" Suckers in the bait tanks......I talked to the guys, they said that they are harder to keep in the summer so they only keep them through the winter season...at 8.99 per dozen, I may buy 1 doz to use somewhere like Otisco or Greenwood for Muskies

Those would be great for Greenwood lake!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline IceBalls

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I FISH BECAUSE THE VOICES IN MY HEAD TELL ME TO!!
Hiya Guys.............. been meaning to ask....anyone going to the Syracuse show???  I'm going up with John on Firday, staying till Sunday.
We'll be at Maplewood Inn, Liverpool   Stop by and say hello if you're up there.  Reservation under the name NELSON

Offline IcefishrNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
Hiya Guys.............. been meaning to ask....anyone going to the Syracuse show???  I'm going up with John on Firday, staying till Sunday.
We'll be at Maplewood Inn, Liverpool   Stop by and say hello if you're up there.  Reservation under the name NELSON

Rodger, How are you? If I make it up there it will be just for the day, this work thing is getting old :P If I don't see you up there I'll see you on the ice ;)
Glenn

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
got my new auger today. i'll hit the ice rink as soon as i gas her up. ;)
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
Go over to Lake armpit and try it on the skim coat of ice!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Evening everyone made a trip to Paramus,NJ. earlier today the small lake across from the former Nepera plant on route 17 in Harriman was skimmed over with ice so we are getting closer to the start of the season.
  IceBalls if the weather is alright for travel I will be at the Syracuse show on Friday night. Look for you and John there maybe I should private message RGfixit and see if he could have some type of member sign in at the Ice Shanty booth. Anyone else going to the show be sure to tell the different vendors how far you traveled to be at the show. If the attendance is good the vendor list should grow for coming years.
  Steve

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Also going to be there Friday Nite for the duration of the night...getting out of work early, prob get there about 5:30 ish depending on traffic and such

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
wish i could go but i'm pulling the 3 to midnite nite shift at the school friday night.....have fun boys and dont spend all ya money... ;) ;D ...topher..i got ice on the river cove... only around 3/8 's of an inch but if it stays cold.... :)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
only 8% of the way there...then its here wally wally wally.... ;)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
morning folks about 5 inches of globel warming / partly cloudy fell at my house last nite ....hope the cold holds up ....the pond at camp is freezing over as is the river cover... ;D

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
only a matter of time now boys... i am getting really anxious

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
yeah now that the meats in the freezer its time.... ;D

Offline Highlander2

• IceShanty Rookie
the snow just turned to rain !  :-\  There went the ice again!!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
damn rain..... ::)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
cold temps for the next few days! ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
the snow just turned to rain !  :-\  There went the ice again!!

At least you HAD ice  >:(   more cold is coming....Guys, those Suckers at Gander..when they run out they aren't getting more...only like 7-8 dozen left..I talked to my buddy that works there...gonna keep me in mind as to sales..have to see what happens ::)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i checked ...most small ponds are still iced over ...if this rain would stop and get cold.... ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i wonder if my cuzin knows a shop selling the big boys... :-\

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
damn 7 day rule >:(...I could get them...got an unused 55 gal fishtank could keep em til needed.. ::)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
it is a stupid law....as bad as the dont bring firewood from ny to pa...like that damn bug their trying to stop cant ride over on cars and trucks...or float over the river...it probably can fly ...sooo whats the point...idiots...

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
getting t-storms now! :P

Offline dabprod

• Team IceShanty Regular
First ice, the main lake is open but Bass pond is completely skimmed over, protected from the wind and useally the first to freeze. Now six inches of wet snow.... Well its a start.
These pics were taken Tuesday Dec 8 at Wolf Lake in Sullivan county, won't be long now!!!
HARD WATER IS COOL !!!!!

Offline IcefishrNY

• Team IceShanty Regular
First ice, the main lake is open but Bass pond is completely skimmed over, protected from the wind and useally the first to freeze. Now six inches of wet snow.... Well its a start.
These pics were taken Tuesday Dec 8 at Wolf Lake in Sullivan county, won't be long now!!!(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)(Image removed from quote.)

Great pix, bring it on, can't wait anymore I need it BAD like you don't know!!

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
There is ice all most all around the lakes on my hunting camp in Forestburgh about 10 min away from Highland Lake. I hope we can meet up with you guy's this year. Last year we fished the same lakes but diffrent spot's
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Offline dabprod

• Team IceShanty Regular
There is ice all most all around the lakes on my hunting camp in Forestburgh about 10 min away from Highland Lake. I hope we can meet up with you guy's this year. Last year we fished the same lakes but diffrent spot's

Hi Shawn, stay in touch and we'll get together. You drive right past me to go to Forestburg
HARD WATER IS COOL !!!!!

Offline ShawnM

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Captain of Team Mercer
Yes I take RT42 to Forestburgh RD my camp is up the RD. We fish up there a lot. If you want to meet up let me know.
PETA = People Eating Tasty Animals   ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.