New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1092483 times)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hey guys i'm going thru my ice gear and i gots a ?....whats the best minnow bucket in your opinion...mines kinda small and the flip lip is cheesey...my air pump thingy is okay... but i wanna change the bait bucket ... i'm thinking about buying a plastic igloo lunch box and making it a minnow bucket.....any advice is welcome... ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
thats what I changed to at the end of last season...can drill a small hole in the top for the aerator and put weatherstripping around the lid so it doesn't slosh water out in transport

Offline dooberhoopa

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ridin' fishin' or huntin' i just wanna be outside
Guess i havent been on iceshanty in quite some time...a bs thread for my home counties! itll be cool to meet some new hardwater fans! dont kno how close u guys are but i gotta a club only lake id be glad to bring anyone on this winter
Team MIRC NYRC chapter....ROCK BASS ON
The Official Medicine Man of MIRC
Tis better to have fished and lied than never fished at all

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
joe, i'm thinking of going to an igloo water cooler, for the colder days, as it won't freeze up. the ones with the foam insert freeze up too easily.

dooberhoopa, a bunch of us are from rockland, 1 from orange, 1 from sullivan, a bunch from PA., and 1 from long island. ;)
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Guess i havent been on iceshanty in quite some time...a bs thread for my home counties! itll be cool to meet some new hardwater fans! dont kno how close u guys are but i gotta a club only lake id be glad to bring anyone on this winter
i'm only 25 /30 minutes away doober..i'll fish with ya and take ya to some of our spots...,we'll have to hook up and do this... :thumbsup: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline dooberhoopa

• IceShanty Rookie
  • ridin' fishin' or huntin' i just wanna be outside
sounds great...hopefully i can jam in a bunch of ice fishing in between trips up to go steelheadin...i fish mostly during the week so let me kno
Team MIRC NYRC chapter....ROCK BASS ON
The Official Medicine Man of MIRC
Tis better to have fished and lied than never fished at all

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
no problem...i'm off most of the winter so can do week days ...i go to up to sandy pond ny every now and then ....is that where youse steel head ????????

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
before i go buying a lunch box and drill holes and has anybody used the fambill bait bucket thats like the square lunch box and is it lined with foam ???????????????

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
thats it...just cant find out if it has foam liner inside or in cased in the plastic frame work...i'm thinking i can use this as my home and out on the ice take since i only keep around 3 /4 dozen at a time... ???

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
its a 2 gallon size...my Lil Igloo is a little smaller..as long as you do water changes on a regular basis and use bait preserver, I don't see why it wouldn't work all the time..might be a little tight for 4 doz...

Offline tubby67

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • "Keep it only if your going to eat it"
That's the one I have they work great for fat heads no freeze ups (plastic incased) just ask topher he has dipped his hands in it a couple of times.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
how many mediums can you fit in there, in your opinion?

Gander carries them in the Dickson City Store....

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
thanks tubby...i thinking by the time i buy the lunch box and mod it i'll have close to 40 smack o roos in it... ;D

Offline tubby67

• Team IceShanty Regular
Maybe 2 doz. of med. it will be tight

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
got a green hornet off ebay tonite.. ::) finally !!!

Offline tubby67

• Team IceShanty Regular
Thats cool. Now we have a pattern and you will be making these to.

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 ;) like I need another hobby/side job....

Offline tubby67

• Team IceShanty Regular
The thought is now in your head :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well, Ladies and Gents, its off to Hagerstown, MD for the annual trek to Octoberfest....its a 2 day race...goin with the Pop in law...bonding time, plus it gets me out of TFB's hair ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
$19.00 for the igloo. ;)
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline TophersFishinBuddy

• IceShanty Rookie
aaaah... a little budwizer wont kill him... Wink Grin

naw... but his mom might  ;)

Topher's head out the door to the races as I type... I hope they get good weather, unlike last year, they got all the way down there and got rained out and had to go back two weeks later after the weather turned... froze their butts off  :P

I have a lot of spackling left to do.. better go get my nap  :thumbsup: ... but the kitchen is getting there!!!

....Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO fish like a girl...

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
raining like a son of a gun...bird hunt canceled.... >:( >:( >:( >:( was looking forward to shooting up a couple of boxes of shells...not to mention grouse w/ wild rice and merlot go well together... ;)....oh well ..off to gander mountain to grope some guns...i'm in a buying mood.. ;) ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
sorry about the bird hunt Joe...We had rain all the way up til 3 ish, but they managed to get the show in tonite....glad I grabbed warm clothes for tomorrow...the wind is justa whipping down here...All my favorites made the show for tomorrow...praying for good weather.....be back in touch Sunday night late...

TFB, don't over do it on the kitchen...we're in the homestretch...soon enough it will be done ;)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
DooberHoopa,
   Welcome to the S.E.N.Y. BS thread , I'm the one guy in Orange Co. Pooley referred to work in retail so a weekday trip would work for me. I'm over by the Hudson river in New Windsor .
    Holehawg did you get over to Gander Mountain (Middletown,NY.) just curious if they have any ice fishing gear out yet,have to go to Middletown this week thought I could stop in Gander and Dick's .
    On the subject of ice gear was in Walden on Friday Thruway Market is starting to put out there selection of gear. Almost forgot Doober keep an eye out for a thread on the 2010 South East NY. Ice Shanty gathering .
   Steve

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
Mr clean they don't have the gear out yet I was there today.  I think they are starting though because the jiggers are on the wall in the bait shop.

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Thank you Pdbjr1. Just curious what is your location.
 Steve

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well, made it home safe and sound !! had great weather and crappy racing...track took rubber in the first few laps of the first race ( it was a dirt track..rubber is bad) and after that there wasn't much passing as it was all follow the leader...I'll post a few pics when time permits....but man..32 oz drafts for 3.75....doesn't take much ::)

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
Thank you Pdbjr1. Just curious what is your location.
 Steve

I am in Sparrowbush ny between Port Jervis and Glen Spey

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Pdbjr1  Thanks for the reply I'm the other side of Orange county in New Windsor just south of Newburgh. Keep checking this thread and the New York general Forum/Community I think Pooley, Holehawg and some others are going to try and get together at Lake Huntington (western Sullivan county near Fosterdale) some time this ice season. Also feel free to send me a private message we may be able to hook up some time.
 Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.