New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1093294 times)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
Oh and I almost forgot....got my flies from Orvis today...the quality looks great, and can't wait to get them out on the water with me as well :)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
sorry about your hand, and the dog TFB! the surf and turf was great! would have been better if i had venison thawed though! ;D

topher, it's always therapy!

frank may go for the schnapps! i'll ask. ;)
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Like they always say, It never hurts to ask  ;)

Good Luck tomorrow to Danica.....not that she needs luck, but I hope she wins ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Well pooley, I'd take a 3rd in the 500...we decided to go out on the lake yesterday afternoon instead of this morning, so we loaded up quick and realized at the last moment that we didn't have any batteries for the camera, so no pictures ::)...and of course, when there isn't a camera, there are so many fish caught that you wouldn't believe it.......Walker,the oldest boy, set personal bests in the smallmouth and largemouth  categories with 2 huge smallies and a 3lb LM..and 1 rockbass...G-Man caught quite a few nice Pumpkinseeds and a couple LM and 1 perch, TFB with being wounded and all managed to catch 2 huge pumpkinseeds and and new PB bluegill just shy of 11" long and weighed 1 lb...but lucky me...took over the rockbass curse from TFB...I got to catch all of them--around 15 total on top of the 3 largemouth, 1 smallie, and 2 medium pickerels..not bad for a 4 1/2 hours out on the lake

Offline TophersFishinBuddy

• IceShanty Rookie
sorry about your hand, and the dog TFB!

I do feel bad about the dog... despite the fact that he's a ignorant little jerk... because he is G-man's dog. I talked to him about putting him down BEFORE I showed him my hand and though sad, he agreed it was probably best. After he saw my hand, he was in total agreement. The bite to my middle finger went to the bone on each side and considering how much smaller his hands are, there's a good chance it would have taken that part of his finger off, had it been him. This is far from the first time he has attacked one of the other dogs and usually sticking a foot in between them will snap him out of it... but he's getting more aggressive each time.

Frankie will be proud though, they have conned me into letting them get a kitten once he's gone (couldn't get one before, the Boston has a deadly history with cats... and Walker's parakeet... and my bunny... :-\).

....Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO fish like a girl...

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
better call Frankie again...another shot for the kitty.... ;)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
better call Frankie again...another shot for the kitty.... ;)

i won't mention the kitty! we like our chipmunks around here, but so do the cats! 8)

sucks about the dog, but it will be good for the G-man to see that it's the right decision to make.
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Glad to see some of you got out fishing over the holiday weekend. So true about having a great day when you forget or have dead batteries in the camera Topher.
   Sorry to hear about the dog ,but from what you have posted about his behavior I would say it is a wise decision.

Steve

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I would have no problems with a cat as long as the boys take good care of it...clean up its messes, etc. etc.   I'll have to train it to be a mouser though ;)

Offline hockey12

• Team IceShanty Regular
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mU2oimW9Ow

A couple of Sufferns finest citizens. They actually live in my complex. They are real bad drinkers, rumor has it they found a bottle of rasberry brandy. You are going to laugh! We definitely have to bring this guy next year!

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
man, that's funny rob! :laugh: yes, it's suffern!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
my kind of people....who hasn't hugged a beer truck at least once in his or her life.... ;)  ;D :laugh:...if i dont get this one job done i may be on video soon.... ;D ::)

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
whats up gang ???????? everybody busy ????????

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i've been working a little. not enough!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
things are getting busy over this way...small home repair jobs are really flowing in ....i think everybodys getting the basics done before the winter hits again....haven't fished much ..but hitting a golf ball once a week and been tinker with a new hunting rifle... :thumbsup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Not too busy at the shop, but things around the house are picking up.....hopefully fishing this weekend, weather permitting..

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i think this weekend will be good fishing topher....i got a roof to do sat. / sun.  hows TFB's hand ???? she get thur the dog bite thing okay...

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i think this weekend will be good fishing topher....i got a roof to do sat. / sun.  hows TFB's hand ???? she get thur the dog bite thing okay...
yeah, how is she doing? ??? is the dog gone ???

Offline TophersFishinBuddy

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks for the concern guys... my hand is doing ok... my middle finger is still sore on busy days when I have to use my hands a lot (I'd put it up to show ya, but I doubt you could see it from here  :roflmao:), the nail has started to grow back on the one that lost the nail...

Yes, we did get G-man's dog put to rest and buried, he's still pretty sad about it, but he does understand that it was necessary. It would have been much easier if we could have done it right after it happened, the kids started to "soften" during the 10 day quarantine period. The vet agreed with me about putting him down, that there was something not right with they he's been acting and it could progressively get worse.

We did get a kitty for Walker, but while I was at the humane society looking for kittens... I found a new love (sorry Topher)....

(the black plastic is part of my koi pond surround.... ::))

She has a really sad story... I'll share at a later time.
....Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO fish like a girl...

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
hey gang! glad to hear you're healing TFB. i got out today for some crappie and perch. i caught more pickerel than anything else, but got 3 nice bass, 4 crappie, and 1 perch.

Offline pdbjr1

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Yeah I'm a redneck, I could ice fish for a living.
key guys havent been around in awhile.  started itching for the ice so I stopped by.  good luck all

Heaven is a Jack and Coke in one hand, a jig pole in the other and being surrounded by the ones that don't mind you do both.

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hey paul whats up ???????? my kids are looking for a place to buy near highland lake sooo i've been riding around alot down ya way... :thumbsup:...i cant wait to get back to winter...these roofs are killing me.... :pinch: :blink:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
screw those roofs!

going saltwater tomorrow! ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
cant me friend...... need them $$$$$$$ to goof off ice fishing and hunting all winter..... ;) :laugh: glad to hear ya catching  um buddy.... :icefish: :thumbsup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
that silly saying, gotta make hay while the sun shines.....

TFB's parents came in to the shop today, took me to lunch, and then proceeded to order their 2010 Chevy Camaro..... ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
dang topher....any chance of us taking the camaro to highland for the tourney... ;)2  tell ma and pa tfb that we wont do anything that wont buff out... ;)2 :thumbsup:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
I highly doubt that..but it never hurts to ask.. ;)

anyways, here's a link to a story from the dealership about the bankruptcy from today...Its a family member that they are interviewing..

http://www.wbng.com/news/local/47235352.html

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
well, i didn't catch any keepers fluke fishing, just some shorts. i did catch a couple of sea robins, and a couple of skates were caught. we probably had 15 keepers on the boat. it was a great boat, with good friends, and lots of beer. the weather was great.

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
judging from those 2 pics i'd say ya had some fun....is that yo in the background .....it looks like his beer in hand profile.... ;)2 :thumbsup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.