New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: SOUTHERN N.Y. THREAD (L.I., WESTCHESTER, PUTNAM, DUTCHESS, SULLIVAN, ORANGE COUN  (Read 1093037 times)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Jiffy ProStaff/PK Lures ProStaff/Clam Powerstick
TFB would like that better than the Berentzen's apple I think.....

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
TFB would like that better than the Berentzen's apple I think.....
yeah, everyone likes my brandy! :P
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline TophersFishinBuddy

• IceShanty Rookie
wow this is wayyyyy different chat then in jan. 

Hey Holehawg... should we dedicate a day of the week to recipes and coupons??  :thumbsup: we've already got gardening taken care of ...    :roflmao:
....Yes, as a matter of fact, I DO fish like a girl...

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
 :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao: :nono: :cookoo:

well, maybe the recipe for pooley's infamous brandy ;)

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
Hey Holehawg... should we dedicate a day of the week to recipes and coupons??  :thumbsup: we've already got gardening taken care of ...    :roflmao:

i'll answer all gardening questions, and brandy questions. ;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

• IceShanty Rookie
Speaking of recipes.... Topher... ya forgot the left over pork that you wanted for lunch... mmmm... it was really good  :P ;D

What's in brandy, anyway?

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
here's the recipe from the archives..thanks again to YO1157 and pooley !

2 quarts of brandy. ( i use christian brothers-80 proof )
2 quarts of raspberries. ( pick them wild if you can )
rinse the berries, let dry, then crush them in a 1 gallon glass jar.
add brandy, cover, and let sit for 6 weeks or more. ( in the sun if possible )
after sitting, strain the mixture through a sieve or cheese cloth. then run through a wine cloth to clarify.
or
clarify using coffee filters. it will take awhile. replace filters as the dripping slows down.
melt 1/2 cups of sugar in 1/2 cup of water, using low heat.
add to brandy mixture and stir.
serve cold, it's better cold.

BTW, it's smooth, but packs a wallop! enjoy!

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac

sure..... i'm a 80's type of guy ....i'm up on things... ;) ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: i have a coupon for cabelas....2500 rounds of 22 cal for 79.00 smack o roos...... ;D ;D ;D ...as for food ....its blondzilla's job...i'm the $$$$$$$$$$$$ man .....if i cook you'll all be sick... ::) ::) ::) :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
2500 red squirrel tails for Frankie, or geese.....better not let Frankie in on that one ;D

beans and franks aren't hard to do Holehawg....or frozen dinners..... ;)a good frozen pizza or 2 couldn't kill us..

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
i can cook, i have to, i live alone! :laugh:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
trust me ...youse will be sorry...many a  deer camp member has thrown up my breakfest.... :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: once i made pizza's in the microwave....the guys asked ...whats with the raisins on the pizza ????? guess i should have cleaned the mouse turds out of the micro..... ;) ;D :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:  never let a drunk german cook .... ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
not for nuthing...but why does my post #'s say leet ????????? am i on parole or sumthing.... ;D

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
never mind...its fixed.... ::)

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Holehawg...any suggestions as to where TFB and I should fish Monday...she only has PA license....and BTW there will be an empty seat in the middle of the boat.....

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
well.......is the boat reg'ed for ny / pa .....cause under the bridge in narrowsburg is a pretty deep good walleye hole..... ;) :whistle: :whistle: :whistle:.... the pa side and ny side have boat ramps... your pa fishing lics, is good on either shore on the mighty d...if your going for trout i would  ditch the boat don waders & suggest the area by the kellems / stalker bridge just up from hankins ny on rt. 97....theres a camp ground right there...soaring eagle is the name.....and you will see eagles.... ;D as  for me topher...i'll be in harrisburg  pa at the 7th annual white trash golf invitational...a 2 day event of bad golf scores..tasteless jokes ... lies and  a good booze buzz....4 of us old school chums do this every year...we have big trophy that some strip club dancer always ends up presenting to the winner....thank god this  thing is now  a sleep over & not on a school night ...i'm getting too old for some of the activities that go on..... ;) ;D let me know if ya need more info...

• IceShanty Rookie
Topher... one of your packages came.... but if it's the flies you've been waiting for they are REALLY, REALLY BIG ones... I have a  few minutes to chop up the speidies.. but you are probably on your own for dinner... I'll be working till at least 8:30 tonite  :blink:

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
your  a good women tfb....mine has made nuthing ..sooo i'm trying a liquid dinner....mmmmmmm....b urp... ;) ;D ;D ;D big flies...whats topher going for in the creek ??????? .....sturgin.....????????????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
your  a good women tfb....mine has made nuthing ..sooo i'm trying a liquid dinner....mmmmmmm....b urp... ;) ;D ;D ;D big flies...whats topher going for in the creek ??????? .....sturgin.....????????????? :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
sturgeon, in the delaware? must be going to the hudson, for stripers. ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
my 3 new Heritage lakers showed up today.....I figure if I can find a way to float them this summer, then I can get rid of the new tip up curse so I'll be all ready to go this winter...been waiting over 2 weeks for my flies from Orvis..  ::)  :%$#!:...
oh and if anyone wants a Boston Terrier that doesn't like other dogs and is Bi-polar let us know....TFB is missing about 1/4 of the 3 middle fingers on her left hand from the Boston fighting with Berkely this afternoon..she stepped in and the Boston backed off, but then went after her hand instead of the other dog...so the pork is for tomorrow night...got to go to Scranton and ate out instead...

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Just checking in to wish every one a good and safe Memorial day weekend, to all the veterans thank you for your service.
     Topher enjoy the Heritage Lakers read through the tip up forum you may want to make some modifications to the tip ups. Some members have reported having the spool fall off since it is held on with a press fitted screw and not through bolted. The wood is unfinished and swells loosening the press fit.
    Also hope TFB's canine problem is not as serious as it sounds. I see the spell check feature is back. :clap: :clap:

Steve

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
going out for crappies and perch in a little while. gonna be a nice day! ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
hope you luck is good today pooley....hopefully will be out tomorrow morning after whatever bites.....and Monday with TFB and the boat  ;D

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey Toph... good news... some lady called from the health dept because of the dog bite report from the hosptial.... we have to keep the little b*****d for 10 days despite the fact that he had his rabies shot.... especially since he's been getting more aggressive lately. I was ok with that, until she told me we had to keep him ALIVE for the 10 days  :-\

I managed to get Scott's hair cut, but I had to cancel two other appointments...  :%$#!:

(typing one handed is great)

Pretty, huh? Took my artificial nail and my own and right off, about an 1/8 inch below the nail bed... feels great... #%$@ dog, lol

Offline holehawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
i believe frankie also handles dog management.....that looks like a dozey tbf....hope you feel better....have a great weekend folks...i'm starting the boozin' early......steaks in the frig....xm blasting toons .... ;) ;D :laugh:

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
well, I'm jealous...still gotta work til 5 or so.. :(  everyone have a safe and happy holiday weekend ;D

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
11 keeper perch, and about 20 crappies, only 3 under 9". only kept the perch, and one large crappie. also, caught about 6 or 7 pickerel, and 2 decent largemouth. just popped my first adult beverage! steak marinating in the fridge, so surf and turf tonight! ;D

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
good to put that fillet knife to use pooley :) fishing forecast for todat was not that great, so now that I have all my chores done, gonna go suit up and chase the elusive Susquehanna river walleye....

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
stripped, and sealed the tarrazo floor at the firehouse today. that was fun! ::)
hope you're killing them topher!

i'll see if frankie travels for hits! :laugh:

• IceShanty Rookie
i'll see if frankie travels for hits! :laugh:

Maybe we could trade him a hit of that Berentzen!  ;D Have to wait 8 more days though... I got a letter in the mail today stating I cannot destroy the dog during the 10 days period.  :-\ We've decided just to have him put to sleep rather trying to rehome him... I'd feel terrible if I gave him to someone and he hurt a child or someone else... just don't trust him anymore.

Sounds like you had a good trip out... how was the surf and turf?

Offline topher7694

• Team IceShanty Maniac
well, the term fishing is kinda out of date for me...I shall now refer to it as " hydro-therapy"..during today's session, I managed to catch the last rainbow trout in the local stream...and after that, I caught the biggest carp that I had ever caught before in my life :o...wasn't really expecting that one, as I caught them both on the same lure...the trout was a meager 9" and the carp measured a whopping....6"  :D...but the therapy session was good, got to get out and enjoy a beautiful day on the water--looking forward to Monday, getting out with TFB for the first time of the year !!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.