The ice fishing North Dakota board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: Western ND near Williston fishing reports  (Read 1730 times)

Offline lostinnd

• IceShanty Rookie
Western ND near Williston fishing reports
« on: Jan 23, 2017, 10:36 AM »
Hey guys new here but long time fisherman in the Williston area.
It has been a tough winter so far for me ice fishing but we did well early ice on Trenton lake and on the river.  I decided to try some new areas this winter and last weekend I poked around Blacktail for an afternoon and marked a handful of perch in 22' but never did get anything to bite.  Then went to the confluence for the morning and ended up with two small catfish and nothing on the tipups.  Went to Lewis and Clark state park saturday and caught three pike 2-4lb pretty slow, nothing on smelt only came on minnows.  Tried Cottonwood by Alamo yesterday and not a bit nor one on the graph.  Ive never fished there but guys were getting on the ice on the north side not at the boat ramp.  We drove on from the boat ramp with a ranger and it was fine but no go if you are using a truck, snow is too deep/slushy.  Saw a few pike caught there on the north side where the houses are all on a point but we didn't get anything near there.  Had a buddy go out to Trenton lake yesterday afternoon and they caught one nice crappie and that's it, sounds like it is slow around here.  Anyone else been out?

Offline candyok

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Western ND near Williston fishing reports
« Reply #1 on: Jan 23, 2017, 10:25 PM »
Slow is the word! Spend 5 days at Lund landing 1 walleye & 3 northren.
A bad day of fishing with your dog, beats any day of doing HONEYDOS.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.