Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1611465 times)

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #28140 on: Jun 29, 2022, 05:06 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!  ;D
  Almost a repeat of yesterday’s weather again today, just a tad warmer…clear and 56*, high of 80 here today.

Steve…thanks for the update on Mr. Padilla, he sure came out on top with that contract, wow!  :woot:  Agree on the phones capabilities…at least I’m smart enough at this point to take and access pictures, lol.   ;D :thumbsup:
  Dave…X3 on Marvs post, sure hope there’s a good ending to the story…thoughts and prayers are with them.
  Bud…way to go getting the electric run!  :clap:  Amazed you haven’t seen any ears on the corn with it being that tall already, wow! By the looks of it, mine won’t be knee high by July, lol.
  FH4…hopefully today goes better than yesterday..best wishes with the trouble shooting! :thumbsup:
  Wally…had to pass on visiting the boys yesterday down at the old workplace, but got most the questions answered over the phone…believe they’re on the right track now.   Have a safe ride if the trike is heading out today!    :thumbsup:
  Z…glad to see the part’s arriving and getting installed, nice job!  :clap:
  H2…will be looking forward to your report, hope you hit some nice walleyes yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…sometimes they just won’t take no for an answer, lol. Hope the shooting went well…. :thumbsup:
  Jeff…any plans on taking out the pontoon this week?

Had an unexpected visit with the grandchildren yesterday, they arrived about 8am and stayed the whole day with us which was nice. Kind of threw my plans off meeting up with the guys, but nothing a phone call couldn’t take care of.
  Not much on the planner today, maybe a dose of Miracle-Gro on the garden to see if it really performs miracles.   ;D
  Cawfee’s on…
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28141 on: Jun 29, 2022, 05:07 AM »
51* and some fog.
Well, my day of fishing got pushed to today. Got things done around the house yesterday, today it's FISHING!
Drifter, thoughts with those involved in the accident.
Have a good day and stay safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28142 on: Jun 29, 2022, 05:10 AM »
Morning all,

Drifter.....x4 on WS's reply  :(

Heading out the door in a couple to see if the walleye have had their fill of mayflies yet  :woot:

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28143 on: Jun 29, 2022, 05:52 AM »
Morning all, 61° and cloudy here with a forecast of 88 and partly cloudy for afternoon. The humidity has settled back in today; it had been pleasantly dry so far this week.

Got the rest of my parts yesterday, and got everything up to the cat convertor on. Gonna have to take it to the shop to get the downpipe from the manifold to the cat done. I can't get the crusty old bolts to come loose or break off, and I don't have enough room to get in there with a torch or cutting wheel just working on the ground with the car on jack stands.

h2l - good luck. ;D Been dying to get the boat out myself. Hoping to get the car in tomorrow or Friday so I can go over the long weekend. I've got Friday-Monday off.

IW - I'm a tightazz, and even after shipping it cost me about 30% less buying my parts online than it would have from Napa or AutoZone.  Normally the parts arrive in a somewhat timely manner, but FedEx screwed the pooch worse than usual this time.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28144 on: Jun 29, 2022, 07:33 AM »
"Now here's a twist, got letter from Insurance company saying the policy for my secondary home is canceled. Reason being because they don't have the policy for my "Primary" residence  ::) not only that another letter stating that two attempts to get payment, that being for the Primary residence and auto's were denied by the bank, (couldn't find the account) and I can see via my phone app, the amounts were deducted. and that I was being removed from using "auto deduction" for 13 months.  I had paid the charges in full.  ??? ??? ??, looks like I will be on the phone most of the day.  Sheeze. :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!:

picked a poor day to quit smoking, and drinking.

When ask what beer I liked, have to answer "an open one"  ;D
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28145 on: Jun 29, 2022, 09:56 AM »
Bud if they weren't needed I would never deal with insurance companies. Complete PIA. My broker was only able to find one company that would cover my SxS. Due to the cost of the machine was the excuse. I guess $55k is a lot for one.  :whistle:

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28146 on: Jun 29, 2022, 09:58 AM »
Budif they weren't needed I would never deal with insurance companies. Complete PIA. My broker was only able to find one company that would cover my SxS. Due to the cost of the machine was the excuse. I guess $55k is a lot for one.  :whistle:

Rich kid problems  :P

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28147 on: Jun 29, 2022, 04:11 PM »
3 eyes and a 30" northern today on Delta lake, will give Oneida lake a go in the morning  ;)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #28148 on: Jun 29, 2022, 04:23 PM »

Wally.....Good job on the lake.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28149 on: Jun 29, 2022, 04:28 PM »
Congratulations! :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28150 on: Jun 29, 2022, 06:03 PM »
Well only 3 hours on the phone.  With Corporate office.  Same runaround.  Now this latest is an excuse that a manufactured home doesn't qualify for a principle residence. again absolutely  :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: So now here is the bottom line, Tennessee can do homeowners policy that covers Manufactured and Mobil homes only if they are not mobile.  The suggestion came down to doing a "Land Lords" policy to cover the "Secondary" home in Wisconsin to cover the home itself, and having the daughter take out a "Renters" policy for the contents  :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: Think I am seeing the handwriting on the Wall, $$$$.$$  :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: So its the difference from one state to another.

Got my boards picked up so will be shoring up the rear deck, once my blood pressure returns to normal.
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28151 on: Jun 29, 2022, 07:46 PM »
IFF hate how insurance companies give you the go round. Had a mian pipe bust out in the street and came through the edges of the slab in the basement and when the adjuster looked at it and said if we can prove it is the main it would be covered, well in the spring when the ground thawed a bit seen some moisture on the road and the city dug into it and almost had a sink hole as the asphalt was the only thing holding the road up. Then the insurance said it was ground water and not covered, once the pipe was fixed no water. So all fun sorry they are jacking you around. WW nice fish, at the market now with the wife and not many sales this week as they have had others, I think that is because of the holiday weekend coming up.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #28152 on: Jun 29, 2022, 09:51 PM »
 Good evening another day with sunshine and high temperature around 80 degrees. Weather forecast calling for the same tomorrow and then higher temperature on Friday. I have not yet looked at the holiday weekend forecast.
Ice Wanderer agree that Dr,Padilla or his lawyer/lawyers are good businessmen to get such an agreement. just my opinion but feel he wants the money as he is facing lawsuits from the two former school district employees who filed the sexual harassment complaints against him. These ladies are also suing the Board of Education and school district claim they faced further harassment after submitting their claims to the board and school district.  May your DIL's office not need any further painting touch-ups. Sounds like you have a busy Sunday planed with some of the family and friends.
Whopper Stopper have a good visit with your brother and his wife. Best to you with the yard work at the shack remember to bring bug spray and sun screen.
Eddie god to read that hopefully you were able to answer your former work crew's questions on the marble restoration work. Your children are fortunate to have you and your wife available for sudden baby sitting/child watching.
Wallyworld congratulations to the two of you on a good day at delta lake. Did you keep the walleyes for future meals. best to both of you tomorrow on the waters of Oneida Lake.
Hunts2long hope you also have a good fishing report to share with us tomorrow.
Zcm-82 good to hear you have received all the parts to repair your car. nice that if my memory is correct you have a relative who owns a repair shop so you can get some of the work done by them. best to you if you get out fishing this weekend.
IFF may you get the insurance issue resolved. I guess like many other things insurance is under "Home Rule with each state having differences in what the insurance companies are allowed to do with regards to policies.  I don't know your plans for the Wisconsin property maybe time to get everything you want to keep off of the property and them put it on the real estate market.
Drifter may you be enjoying your time in the Ontario province .
Fish/hunt4ever ,hope your mother was in good enough health to fly back to Florida today and had no flight problems. depending on what items your wife sells at the farmer's market in addition to the dandelion honey you maybe correct about the coming holiday weekend effecting sales. .

Keep healthy and safe. Best to all fishing.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28153 on: Jun 30, 2022, 04:27 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

82 to begin the day, another 90 by this afternoon. Rain for the next couple hours.

I am still planning to head to the shack but not sure if the mowing will get done or not with the dang rain coming down.

Hope you all have a good Thursday, be it on the water, at work, or play :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #28154 on: Jun 30, 2022, 05:05 AM »

Good morning Marv, ER's,
                           it's 56* and clear here on my hill. ::)
                           Marv........Have a safe trip to "The Shack" :thumbsup:
                           Eddie.......I was planning on going today but we're having a BBQ on Sunday and my wife thinks we should spend time to get ready
                for that, I think we can go and have time tomorrow, Saturday I'm working. :whistle:
                           Steve.......Maybe Dr. Padilla will have to pay the two accusers the money he gets from the Newburg school. :unsure:
                           Wally........I hope you and Mr. WW have the same luck catching today as you did yesterday. :flex:
                           H2l...........I'll check in later to see your fishing report from yesterday. :whistle:
                           Zcm.........Glad to hear the rest of your parts are in :clap:
                           Bud......... I've never heard of anyone having insurance issues like you're getting,  :cookoo: there are a lot of my friends that have two homes. :blink:
                           Fish..........I know you probably didn't think of it, but if you had taken a water sample of the water in you basement, it would have shown chlorine
                 in it. That would be proof enough :whistle:
                           I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and healthy.

IW

Offline zcm_82

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28155 on: Jun 30, 2022, 05:14 AM »
Morning all, 62° and clear skies here with a chance of rain and 91 forecast for afternoon.

Got an appointment set for the car, but the earliest I could get in is next Wednesday, so no boat hauling for me this weekend.  :'(

At least today is my Friday, so I have that going for me.  ;D

mr.clean - yeah, he's a cousin on my Mom's side. Sort of a shirttail through my grandpa. My grandpa and his Dad were cousins, so I'm not really sure how that'd come out, 3rd or 4th cousins? I'm not good with that generational figuration and removal stuff.

fish/hunt4ever - gotta love insurance. I had a similar issue about 10 years ago. The pipe that feeds my water meter broke in the winter and completely saturated a ton of my front yard and under the house. My homeowners insurance never did end up covering anything, and my house has settled terribly since then.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28156 on: Jun 30, 2022, 06:09 AM »
53* and sunny.
WW, nice fish. Good luck out on Oneida!
Got on the water early (7:15) and fished until 3:30. I think I went too early. About 2:30 the wind changed and the bite seemed to pick-up. I did end up catching 5 walleyes, 1 rock bass and a 12" perch. In the "old" days I would have called the wife and tell her I would be late but I had had enough. Fished a lot of my spots just to check them out, just not seeing many fish in a lot of them.
Have an appt this afternoon with the eye doctor to get set up for my cataract surgery.
Have a good day and stay safe...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28157 on: Jun 30, 2022, 08:21 AM »
Good morning ER’s

Steve yup that thought has occurred to me about all that’s left there is the collection of the Hall China which I am sure the daughter would love to call her own. The rest would likely be nice donations. One of the last conversations with the daughter was the thought of moving into it, and do upgrades to hers and the Granddaughters, sell those and be able to retire with a move to be closer to her daughter and grandchildren in SC.

Got two projects in mind for today, replacing 3 boards on rear deck, and finish capping the oil line on the boat, so I can take and get it in some water to finally get to fishing. That is between some rain drops.

Z that’s about as far as my understanding goes too. Know there are cousins, but who qualifies is a mystery to me 😂

Good day to all
Bud

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28158 on: Jun 30, 2022, 11:50 AM »
Mom made it no problems back to Florida, work stuff still going on trying to get all the plants back online and that has been a fun time.  Well better get back to it and see what else the plant needs before I can eat lunch.  Have a great day everyone.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28159 on: Jun 30, 2022, 05:02 PM »
One more thing off the list.
Went and picked up dad's ashes and drove 1 1/2 hours to the Elora Gorge conservation area and reunited dad with mom.

Tomorrow I pick up the U-Haul trailer and empty the storage locker then Saturday moring I'm off on the journey home.

There's too many dang people down here any way.   ;)

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28160 on: Jun 30, 2022, 05:41 PM »
The bite on Oneida is still tough but we did bring a little "skunk off" with us today

hoping things start picking up soon  :whistle:

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28161 on: Jun 30, 2022, 06:15 PM »
WW
Nice fresh!!!
The mayfly hatch is In full swing.
Need that to end before the bite gets good again.  ;)2

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28162 on: Jun 30, 2022, 08:21 PM »
Yes sir, those pesky mayflies sure do shut down the bite  >:(

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28163 on: Jun 30, 2022, 08:41 PM »
WW well it is nice to have something to show for the effort

Didn’t get as far with the deck board’s as I would have liked to, had a distraction the 110 volt line were not working. In the RV.   Found the ground fault had tripped.  Must be the weather. Rain never showed up,so ended up watering the garden.

Believe it’s ice cream time  ;D

Dave safe journey home
Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #28164 on: Jun 30, 2022, 09:12 PM »
 Good evening, sunshine and clear sky today with a high in the lower eighties. weather guesser say rain will arrive tomorrow evening and go through Saturday. May see high winds and hail at times.
Whopper Stopper may you have found everything at the shack in good order and been able to do some mowing.
Ice Wanderer i thought the same about money Dr.Padilla is receiving from Newburgh school district some of it may go to settle the lawsuits depending on out come of trails. I hope you are able to get out in the pontoon boat before lakes by you get crowded with Summer time visitors.
Zcm-82 to bad you will not have use of your car this weekend to transport your boat. Like you most of my relatives are one or more times removed from me does get confusing when i try to figure it out.
Hunts2long congratulations on your catch.  :clap: glad you were able to get out before this holiday weekend.
IFF best to you whatever choice you make about the Wisconsin property, may you have the insurance coverage problem solved. One of the GFCI outlets in my kitchen has been tripping lately keeping a watch on it might be weather related or outlet needs replacing.
Fish/Hunt4ever good to read your Mom made it safely to Florida. I hope all the problems at work have been resolved and all the plants are now back in production.
Drifter may you have a safe and problem free trip back to Yellow Knife. Also enjoy the Canada Day celebrations.
Wallyworld good to see the photo nice that the "sunk off" worked and you caught two walleyes . :clap:

Have a good night.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #28165 on: Jul 01, 2022, 04:44 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Time to flip the old calendar again….welcome to July!   66* and cloudy here this am, might touch 90 today.

Steve…could use a little rain, hopefully the hail stays the heck away!   :thumbsup: 
  Bud… ;sorry to read about the issues with the insurance company, they sure can be a PITA!  :cookoo: 
  Wally…congrats on avoiding the skunk again and picking off a few walleyes!  :clap:  How was the boat traffic on Oneida yesterday?
  Dave…took a peak at the Elora Gorge area, looks like a very beautiful place.  :bow:  Hope today goes well clearing out the storage unit, safe travels back home Sir!   :thumbsup:
  FH4…glad your Mom made it back home ok, understand it’s been crazy at the airports with thousands of delays. Good luck with today’s projects and getting everything straightened out.   :thumbsup:
  H2…congrats on the fishing, hope yesterday’s appointment went well.   :thumbsup:
  Z…unfortunate they couldn’t get the car in any sooner, but it could be worse right? Maybe you’ll get a surprise call they got in sooner, best wishes!   :thumbsup:
  Marv…safe travels to your brother and his wife today, hope you were able to get the mowing done at the shack yesterday.  :thumbsup:
  Jeff…enjoy the maiden voyage today if that’s on the planner!   :thumbsup:

Was running a little behind and pressed for time again yesterday to post, retirement seems to have been doing that to me lately, lol. Helped a buddy out yesterday morning pouring a garage slab and sidewalk…knees are feeling it today, forgot my knee pads…Doh!
  Lawn detail today before it gets hot and just taking it easy all weekend….Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #28166 on: Jul 01, 2022, 05:25 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                           It's 64* and partly, partly here on my hill.  ::)
                           Eddie........Of all things to forget, your knee pads. Maybe next time you'll remember. lol :roflmao:
                           Bud..........Those ground fault sometimes have a mind of their own. Hopefully it doesn't happen too often. :unsure:
                           H2l...........Good job avoiding the skunk, fishing will pick up. :thumbsup:
                           Wally.........I'm sure Oneida will pick up soon. Good job yesterday. :flex:
                           Marv..........I hope you found "The Shack" in good shape and it was dry enough to mow the grass. :unsure:
                           Fish...........I was glad to read that your mom was well enough to travel and made it home. :clap: I hope things at the plant gets fixed
                soon. Good luck. :flex:
                           Zcm..........That sucks you can'tget the car in to have the muffler put on before the long weekend. :%$#!: You must have some buddies
                that fish the river to help you out? :unsure:
                           Dave.........Safe travel home tomorrow. :thumbsup:
                           Yesterday we got our shopping done and got the lawn mowed then started setting up my 10'x20' canopy for a shade area for the food table
                and when I opened the box the assembly instructions were missing. I had lent it to #2 son for their Easter gathering. I ended up calling the company
                and they emailed a PDF file. We got the canopy up.
                            We were going to go out on the toon today but it supposed to be a little windy for my wife's liking.
                            I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out. Stay safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28167 on: Jul 01, 2022, 06:09 AM »
58* and couple "too warm" days ahead.
The appt. went well, just have to get OK from my doctor and we are good to go. They will stretch it out for another 2 or 3 co-pays.

6 years ago at this time I was waiting for the wife in NYP hospital. July 4th would have also been Thomas' 25 birthday. Always "bitter/sweet" day.

Have a good day and be well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28168 on: Jul 01, 2022, 06:27 AM »
Morning all,

Drifter....safe travels on the return trip  ;)

Eddie....retirement makes one wonder how they ever got anything done while working  :woot: not many boats out on Oneida yesterday, that will change once the bite picks up   :wacko:

MrC.....the northern was released, the walleyes are in the freezer  ;)2

H2L.....congrats on the catch Wednesday  :flex: it sure was hot enough on the lake the past 2 days, going to be brutal the next 2  :wacko:

WS.....fingers crossed you get some nice weather for the weekend  @)

IW....looks like some better boating days next week with less of the dang wind  ::)

IFF.....sounds like you need some water therapy after the insurance company battle  :whistle:

Nothing much planned today, need to make a grocery store run AGAIN. Sure wish fresh produce lasted longer in the fridge  :(

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #28169 on: Jul 01, 2022, 07:29 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

64 heading into the mid 80's later today not near as hot and humid as yesterday.

Eddie...Dang, I bet you were kicking yourself the entire job about forgetting the knee pads. Best of luck with the lawn detail   :thumbsup:

IW...It seems like a lot of things these days don't even come with instructions. But when they do..... always put them back in the box  :roflmao:

WW...Nice looking fish, congrats! :clap:

h2l...Sorry for your loss.

The shack run was OK. The deer flies were absolutely nuts :cookoo: The grass though sparse, was knee high. The biggest disappointment was hiking to the back by my main stand to grab my camera card. The camera was tipped laying on the ground. When I got to my second camera the same thing. When I got home and poked the card into the computer one card had 2 videos and the other 3. Both were the result of the nosey bears.

Working on the lawn today and getting ready for my Brothers visit.

Hope you all have a good Friday either at work or play :thumbsup: Stay safe and keep healthy.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.