Author Topic: Georgetown  (Read 1267 times)

Offline anglinarcher

• IceShanty Rookie
Georgetown
« on: Nov 29, 2009, 07:27 AM »
Since Antero appearred to be schizophrenic and I wasn't much in the mood to meet my maker today, so we hit Georgetown instead of southpark. Had a few other handfuls of people on the big lake. From what I could tell everyone had at least a little action. Even though there is open water by the bridge, everywhere we fished had 4to5 inches of ice. Our best action was in 15 to 17 feet. Everybody tied into at least some decent fish for that lake. Maybe 16" good looking brownies and healthy bow bows.

Not bad to kick off the hard water season.

Offline coboy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: Georgetown
« Reply #1 on: Nov 29, 2009, 08:05 AM »
Nice! I think with this cold front moving in this week,Antero will be much  more stable.

Offline slimer

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2009, 02:50 PM »
The water near the bridge never freezes, it moves too quick.   If you can get in the channel below the bridge, or above, you'll find a lot of numbers but very little size wise.  Or better yet, hit Antero once you're comfy with the thickness.    ;D

Rob

Offline anglinarcher

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2009, 09:25 PM »
The water near the bridge never freezes, it moves too quick.   If you can get in the channel below the bridge, or above, you'll find a lot of numbers but very little size wise.  Or better yet, hit Antero once you're comfy with the thickness.    ;D

Rob

The bridge will freeze over but it is pretty stubborn. But yeah I'm basically bidding time til I head to southpark or up to Wyo.

Hope to see you out there.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.