Author Topic: curing ham  (Read 1377 times)

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
curing ham
« on: Oct 25, 2005, 06:23 PM »
This might not be the correct place to ask but I got no responses on MHF :(. I use to get hind 1/4's of my deer cured like country ham. The guy who did it gave it up for retirement and never told me how to do it. It was very good and a good way to do some meat. I've tried several butcher shop's since and all they want to do is a city cure (injection stuff) and it's kinda a waste of good meat. Does anyone do any of their own curing and willing to give any secrets.
         Jim

Offline Byron/PA

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: curing ham
« Reply #1 on: Oct 26, 2005, 02:13 PM »
Jim, I have a hard time cooking a can of chicken noodle soup, so I'm not the person to be giveing advice. I'm sure you already tried this, but I did a quick google search for "curing hams" and came up with a bunch of resposes/recipies. Might be a starting point.

80% of Americans are unhappy with the direction our once great Country is heading. Yet 80% of Americans insist on buying blue jeans that were made in China, coffee filters that were made in Taiwan and anything else that was made anywhere but here........wonder if there might be a connection?

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
Re: curing ham
« Reply #2 on: Oct 26, 2005, 08:08 PM »
Yes, I did that but I'd rather get some good input from some guy's on here.
        Jim

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.