Author Topic: Egg muffins  (Read 2213 times)

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Egg muffins
« on: Nov 20, 2012, 07:45 PM »
What about egg muffins? Ive been looking for a recipe for that's I coined a few on the net. Just haven't made them before.
jbird68

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Egg muffins
« Reply #1 on: Nov 20, 2012, 08:03 PM »
Here is a link to the ones my wife makes me. You can even freeze them and reheat them.
http://www.macheesmo.com/2010/03/breakfast-sandwiches/

Offline Rebelss

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
  • Inventor of Minnow Magic American Patriot
« Reply #2 on: Nov 21, 2012, 08:12 AM »
If you're referring to the "breakfast sausage" type, as above, I make quick ones with toast, ham, and eggs, always on the day before I go fishing. Having one now!!!

Pop bread in toaster; break an egg in a round clear glass pyrex small bowl, ("custard bowl")  that's been sprayed with oil, breaking yolk. Cover with saran wrap, nuke on 30%  power setting for around a minute and a half, (you'll have to experiment with this setting) Take 2 slices of Oscar Mayer smoked ham lunch meat, wrap in paper towel, nuke for 30 seconds. Place on toast, then egg on top, then a slice of swiss cheese. This will melt by itself if you've done it right. Bacon or sausage can be used instead of the ham. Slick thing is egg takes 1 1/2 mns, and comes out perfectly round, just like at Mickey D's. Quick, easy, and good.  ;D
“The mass of men live lives of quiet desperation”  Thoreau

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #3 on: Nov 21, 2012, 05:27 PM »
I make small omelets, usually two scrambled eggs, sausage and cheese in a 6" frying pan. Wrapped them in foil and I warm them on the Buddy Heater. They fit perfectly in a warmed pita bread and a nice early snack on the ice.
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Offline jbird68

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 23, 2012, 04:27 PM »
Yeah,
I was thinking about making them in one of those throw away aluminum muffin pans the night before. Them just rewarm them on the buddy heater.
jbird68

Offline littlesturgeonguy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Nov 23, 2012, 06:22 PM »
Yeah,
I was thinking about making them in one of those throw away aluminum muffin pans the night before. Them just rewarm them on the buddy heater.
Can use a regular muffin pan that way you can keep reusing it. Just spray with a little nonstick cooking spray or wipe a lil oil on it and the eggs will come right out.

Offline staggerin

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Jan 05, 2015, 08:47 PM »
I quite often do sausage egg and cheese muffins.very simple to make and very delish. Take a small round dish about the diameter of your muffins. Crack the egg pierce the yolk season and microwave for 30 to 40 seconds. Then refrigerate them till you leave to go fishing. As for the sausages , I get the pre cooked ones and warm them on my big buddy.  On the ice I warm the egg and sausages while the muffins are toasting. Slap on the cheese and use spray butter on the muffin. Just like one Ronald mc does it
Look at me I can walk on water

Offline Pail Rider

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 06, 2015, 06:39 AM »
break an egg in a round clear glass pyrex small bowl, ("custard bowl")  that's been sprayed with oil, breaking yolk.

Tried this before, without breaking the yolk.  Stuck a fork in the egg to pull it out of the cup, and it was like a block of C4 blew up in my face  ::)

Offline perchnut

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Love to catch those fatties....
« Reply #8 on: Jan 06, 2015, 07:06 AM »
What are you feeding your chickens!!?!  I do like egg muffins, but lately, for on the ice, Im a breakfast burrito guy.....seems a little easier wrapping the sausage, eggs, cheese, etc etc in a tortilla shell, wrapping that in foil, pop it on the buddy heater, and good to go.....

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.