Author Topic: deer steaks  (Read 3081 times)

Offline river_scum

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • hook n cook
deer steaks
« on: Jan 09, 2005, 09:17 AM »
i take my deer steaks and poke the crap out of them with a fork. them put them in a ziplock bag,puor catalina dressing over them. stash in the fridge over night,then grill over coals till slitly pink inside. yummy! and the viniger in dressing will make even the tuffest dog run buck tender. 
real fishermen don't ask "where you catch those"

OANN the real story

- member here since -2003- IN.

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: deer steaks
« Reply #1 on: Jan 09, 2005, 06:09 PM »
i like to flash fry my venison! get a pan good and hot, then turn it red!!drop butter and seasonings in pant till it burns!!drop steak on pan and hear it sizzle ,recite the alphabet and flip steak!sing the star spangled banner and BON APPETIT

Offline gator_hunter71

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Tip Up!!!
« Reply #2 on: Jan 19, 2005, 05:26 AM »
I froze some of my steaks in marinade so their ready to go when they thaw. grab an go in the morning! Equal parts soy sauce and spicy italian dressing.(1 cup)  2 tbsp. A-1 and a sprinkle of liquid smoke. VERY tender n juicy even in the fry pan. Kind of a teriyaki  flavor.
If you jig it...... They will come.

DEERMEAT

« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2005, 09:11 AM »
WHEN I BUTCHER MY DEER, I CUT ALL THE STEAKS ABOUT 1/4" THICK. BEFORE I GRILL THEM,I TAKE & MARINATE THEM IN 1 BOTTLE OF ITALIAN SALAD DRESSING, 1 BOTTLE OF STEAK SAUCE & 2 OZ'S OF HOT SAUCE.I PLACE EVERYTHING IN A ZIPLOCK BAG & REFRIGERATE FOR A MIN OF 3 DAYS. I THEN GRILL THEM ON MY PORTABLE GAS GRILL FOR ABOUT 4 TO 5 MINUTES PER SIDE. NEVER OVER COOK DEER MEAT. I NEVER HAVE TO BRING ANY BACK HOME.

Offline shrub

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The secret to fishing: Fish where the fish are!
« Reply #4 on: Jan 24, 2005, 04:21 PM »
I recommend making a plenta and venison with gravy very good in the shanty, and a deer camp.... :tipup:

Betty and Lucey say "HI"!

Offline buckmanJR86

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 20, 2005, 06:12 PM »
thaw steaks, marinate in coca-cola over night, or atleast 4 hours...flour them up in flour and lemon pepper...or any other seasoning, then fry in peanut oil till pink inside...no gamey flavor! make sure u flip the steaks in the pan...about 2-3 minutes on each side.
i use a mixture or salt, pepper, lemon pepper, onion flakes, and flour, to flour them up, next time im trying to bread them with the same recipe though. Ieat with emerald BBQ sauce, but a-1 will do fine

Offline BASSandICE65

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Pats!!!!
« Reply #6 on: Dec 20, 2005, 09:42 PM »
Man I'm hungry now. I have a meat tenderizer 16 points like dozen forks chewing up the meat. Put them in ziplock freezer bag and add marinade let soak in for two hours and freeze. Now defrost cook and eat they are so tender works on any cut of meat. Got the tenderizer from Chefs catalog worth the money :P

Anyday fishing is better than your best day working!!!!!!!!!

Offline 4x4elk

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Dec 28, 2005, 01:34 PM »
If there's crap in your steaks I think your cutting your steaks a little too close the anal orfice  :roflmao: :roflmao: but you eastern boys do things a little different than us out west :D
FIND'EM, CATCH'EM, FILLET'EM, GRILL'EM & EAT'EM

Offline Holewatcher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • in a trance watching the flag
« Reply #8 on: Dec 29, 2005, 05:23 PM »
why get the wild taste out?  Do you go out and hunt tame farm raised deer. ??? ::)
I need to go to the bathroom, but it might flip up if I go.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.