New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1024823 times)

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #5370 on: Jan 15, 2021, 11:52 AM »
the dog dosnt know any better i think people should be smarter then dogs lol , and yes the owner should have kept a better eye on it

So who just lets there do chase geese to chase geese. I think it's illegal
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline bigdub22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5371 on: Jan 15, 2021, 11:56 AM »
So either it's a negligent homeowner who let their dog out to crap and it ran away. Or it was someone out walking their dog without a leash. I suppose there is a 3rd option and say Trump had something to do with it!  Anyway shouldn't there be more uproar? I think most people on here just like telling people how stupid they are. A dog can't fight back so it's not prey!

Offline bigdub22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5372 on: Jan 15, 2021, 11:57 AM »
And I would also bet a rate paycheck that dog is smarter  than a lot of peole.

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5373 on: Jan 15, 2021, 12:20 PM »
the owner  was  with the  dogs  the  dogs  seen geese  and  chased them ....(thats   what  dogs  do)  the  owner  yelled  and  yelled  one  dog turned and  came  back  the  other  didn't (dogs  don't always obey ....cause thier  dogs)  the home owner   seen it with  binocuers  and  called  rescue......  i think how many  times my  beagle  didn't  find a rabbiit to chase and took up on a deer while i screamed at her  or  ran out when someone opened the  door .... oneida  i think the  dog is  smarter then some  of  the  people in here ....the  dog is  smart  enough to not   try to get animal rights activist  on a rampage   in a  sportsman  web site

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5374 on: Jan 15, 2021, 12:22 PM »
agree the dog may be smarter but im def not getting in an uproar about a dog going for a walk  ,,,, and brad were did it say dog was chasing geese?

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5375 on: Jan 15, 2021, 12:25 PM »
ok so the dog was being a dog saw geese and wanted to have fun.....Still no outrage or uproar here lol....

Offline Rippinlips89

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5376 on: Jan 15, 2021, 12:27 PM »
Anyone have any ice reports on big bay?  I called vern and mikes and he said he heard 6+”.  Just wanted to confirm?

Offline Nysportxman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5377 on: Jan 15, 2021, 12:55 PM »
Anyone have any ice reports on big bay?  I called vern and mikes and he said he heard 6+”.  Just wanted to confirm?

It's not 6" everywhere.  The lowest I found was around 4" towards the crack, more South.  There were some areas near there that had discolored snow/ice. I wouldn't venture past that.  Most of the general area where the majority of people fish is in the 5-6" of ice.

The bite has been horrible lately.  Last 2 trips there (one yesterday), I caught a total of 3 keepers.  A lot of dink perch and gills, most others were tight lipped.  I must have drilled 30 holes yesterday on top of fishing the 20 that were already open.

Offline bigdub22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5378 on: Jan 15, 2021, 01:03 PM »
So animals are off limits but it's ok to go on a tirade at some poor gentlemen for being on oneida before you!

Offline bigdub22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5379 on: Jan 15, 2021, 01:06 PM »
I dont care if it was chasing a naked Jennifer Aniston. Doesn't make it right! Unless your father left than we all thought.

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5380 on: Jan 15, 2021, 01:16 PM »
I dont care if it was chasing a naked Jennifer Aniston. Doesn't make it right! Unless your father left than we all thought.

Gosh, that might get me on that ice too.  ;D  :o  :woot:

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5381 on: Jan 15, 2021, 01:24 PM »
As old as i am bet I could chase JA.    @) @)
  And I threw the frisbee for the dog. It was just a doodle dog. ::) ::) ::)    ;D ;D
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5382 on: Jan 15, 2021, 01:36 PM »
Whoa where and when will she be out there I'm ,,,,you think that dog was having fun HAHA.... and where is this tirade u speak of?..... Am I missing something it was a dog being a dog

Offline Iceman1899

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5383 on: Jan 15, 2021, 01:54 PM »
Here we go  ::). I’m gonna laugh when this thread gets the old pad lock on it before there’s even any good ice to fish the main lake. Over a dog!!  Time to dust off the icefishing friends and more thread

Offline fish4fun8

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5384 on: Jan 15, 2021, 02:10 PM »
?uhmm Jennifer Aniston at the beach  at onieda I'm there!!!

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5385 on: Jan 15, 2021, 02:33 PM »
?uhmm Jennifer Aniston at the beach  at onieda I'm there!!!

That Sylvan Beach webcam is going to crash now!  ;D

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5386 on: Jan 15, 2021, 02:48 PM »
theres an article in SYR. COM  about sunfish and crappie in short reducing limit for sunfish to 25 and upping keeper size in some waters on both sunfish and crappie

Here is a link to the draft plan.

https://www.dec.ny.gov/docs/fish_marine_pdf/panfishplan.pdf

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5387 on: Jan 15, 2021, 03:10 PM »

good  dog  ...good  dog                     it's what  dogs  do

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5388 on: Jan 15, 2021, 03:18 PM »
yeah all you goof balls that thought a  25 blue  gill limit was  good that means  jefferson county   that means  the   unlimited  perch will be  next  .....will it hurt you  ...you bet it will when those  12 inch  perch are  seven  and you have a  25 fish limit  state  wide...they'll do perch next
.....no since  being out all day  to catch  25  gills or perch  fr that matter .... the  bait  shops  will all be thanking you   nice another hit on the small buisness man during  covid  ...unbelievable  fisherman  are dumb

Offline Nysportxman

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5389 on: Jan 15, 2021, 04:27 PM »
yeah all you goof balls that thought a  25 blue  gill limit was  good that means  jefferson county   that means  the   unlimited  perch will be  next  .....will it hurt you  ...you bet it will when those  12 inch  perch are  seven  and you have a  25 fish limit  state  wide...they'll do perch next
.....no since  being out all day  to catch  25  gills or perch  fr that matter .... the  bait  shops  will all be thanking you   nice another hit on the small buisness man during  covid  ...unbelievable  fisherman  are dumb

Not to mention the effect on perch sales up north.  I don't know the history about why Jefferson county is unlimited on perch creel.  Are there really that many perch in Jefferson county waters?  I know Ontario and St. Lawrence make up a big portion of the perch numbers.  I haven't heard too much about the rest of the Jefferson county small waters.  I'm thinking it's to draw more fishermen up north too, idk?

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5390 on: Jan 15, 2021, 04:59 PM »

Oneida has no shortage of gills and sunnies , let’s turn the whole state into dink city, from many years of observing,
 If they want to stop the sale just be up front , we had better gills and sunnies on the pond before the limit was established

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5391 on: Jan 15, 2021, 05:15 PM »
yes i  want want have  less  sex  a  smaller truck  and shorter hunting season and   to  catch less  fish ???????? 

Offline jj ice

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5392 on: Jan 15, 2021, 06:13 PM »
 ??? You would catch more fish. Bigger fish. I like slot limits. They work. Yes, the down side is you can’t take as many home as you use to.

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5393 on: Jan 15, 2021, 06:23 PM »
Serious question, did making the crappie limit 9” and 25 fish lead to an over abundance of small crappie?

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5394 on: Jan 15, 2021, 06:28 PM »
 Not all lakes need the same regulations fact
 After decades  we still have some really big gills and sunnies , and let’s explore the economic value  JMO people won’t make the journey

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5395 on: Jan 15, 2021, 06:31 PM »
Not all lakes need the same regulations

Agreed.

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5396 on: Jan 15, 2021, 06:32 PM »
I guess it all depends on the water  i dont think you would ever see stunted fish on oneida wouldnt complain if perch and other pan fish were at 25 here since currently eye population is very high, not sure about caz and otisco, i hear theres alot of small fish caught does that mean theres stunted fish or is that any decent size fish get harvested quicker in a given area i would think caz and otisco would be big  enough not to worry about stunted fish so i would think a size limit would help, I do think they should go by the science  and not public input

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5397 on: Jan 15, 2021, 06:44 PM »
 Well a year or 2 with 5 fish limit will help with the eye population , plus boost local economy

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #5398 on: Jan 15, 2021, 06:45 PM »
Serious question, did making the crappie limit 9” and 25 fish lead to an over abundance of small crappie?

go  fish the  lake  in fulton or  black lake and  see how many shorts you get......where  30 years  ago  we  hammered  slobs    now  you hammer 8 inch fish

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5399 on: Jan 15, 2021, 06:46 PM »

Agreed frogger but that will never happen

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.