Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1608207 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #22230 on: Jan 18, 2021, 04:53 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                       It's 29* and flurries are falling as I type. ::)
                       Uppervalley Kid..........Welcome to the best tread on the internet. :thumbsup: Playing it safe is the way to be. :flex:
                       Eddie........Good luck today out on the ice. :flex: Yes, we have to hook up at some point. :clap:
                       Fish.........Thanks for sharing the sunrise pictures. :thumbsup:
                       Marv........I'm glad there were no issues taking down the tree, good job. :clap:
                       H2l..........How was bowling last night? ??? Congratulations to Lindsey's friend on that pike. :clap:
                       Wally.......New tires on the truck, 4 wheeler fixed, it's about time for a trip. :whistle:
                       Tom........Handing down gear has some special meaning, good job grandpa. :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
                       I was having a problem with the sink I installed in my basement, the flapper check valve was leaking back. I took it apart a few time
               and cleaned it, but after a day or so it would start leaking again. o yesterday I bought a spring loaded check valve, I hope it last.
               Then I watched some football, my wife a Tom Brady fan was happy the the Buc's won.
                       Not much going on today, I bet it will be a zoo out on the ice with the holiday, so I'm out on fishing, will plan for something tomorrow.
                       I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22231 on: Jan 18, 2021, 05:22 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

22 with a dip during the day then getting back to 22 for a high ???

Uppervalley Kid....Welcome to the 9:45 :thumbsup:

Eddie... Good luck on the ice today :icefish: That would be awesome if you and IW finally met up on the ice some time :thumbsup:

IW... hope hope you got the sink is fixed once and for all :thumbsup:

WW...hopefully a trip to the kids is in the planner :thumbsup:

TT...What an honor it's going to be for your grandson getting some of your gear :clap:

h2l..... looking forward to the bowling report :thumbsup:

Not much planned today. My wife has to work and is making a run to the jungle for some supplies and the s-i-l has off and wants to go snowshoeing.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22232 on: Jan 18, 2021, 05:48 AM »
Morning all,

WS.....have fun snowshoeing  ;)2  hoping to make the MA run this weekend  :thumbsup:

IW....good plan waiting till tomorrow when others are back to work  :thumbsup:

Eddie.....good luck out there  :icefish:  remember we like fish pictures  :whistle:

TT.....glad you had a nice visit with your friend's son  :thumbsup:  I'm sure your grandson will treasure all the gear you pass down  ;)

Just saw the plow/sander pass by so must be a little slick again this morning  :-\ 

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline Rowdie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Old Wrestling Coach
« Reply #22233 on: Jan 18, 2021, 06:06 AM »
Morning yall
Furnace went out yesterday but staying warm with electric heaters.    Snowing but not too bad, wife made it too work.  Now that she called I can go back to sleep lol.
  Was going to try to get out but this furnace and a funeral may not allow for it.    Hope you all have a great day
"Once you've wrestled, everything else in life is easy"  Dan Gable

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22234 on: Jan 18, 2021, 06:32 AM »
Good Morning, 22*
Eddie, good luck on the ice today.
Uppervalley Kid, good morning and Welcome.
Rowdie, good luck with the furnace issue. I had mine replaced this past fall.
WS, I think the only place I could go on snowshoes is "down". Haven't been on a pair in years. My Dad was at home on a pair, a lot of rabbit hunting. The day after I got out of the Navy (Hawaii) in Jan of 65 he had me rabbit hunting on snowshoes.
WW, good to hear a road trip is in the plans.

Bowling team took all 4 points last night. I had 30 pins over my avg. again. Two good games and 1 not so good.

Hope everyone has a good MLK day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22235 on: Jan 18, 2021, 10:24 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, Been a while since I’ve posted. My wife was diagnosed with melanoma on her back and she goes in for surgery on the first. We’ve been dealing with that and Mr Dickens blindness. Poor little guy is having trouble getting around. We help him a lot. Had a block in my back and a steroid that didn’t work. Next step may be a stimulator but waiting to see what happens with my wife. Saw some people on the ice yesterday and saw a ice shanty decal on one of the vehicles.

WallyWorld, Hope you have a safe trip to Ma.

Hunts2long, Prayers for your wife. Congratulations on a good night bowling.

Rowdy, I’m sorry for your loss, Hope you get your furnace fixed soon.

Whopper Stopper, Have fun Snow Shoeing. I haven’t done that since I was a kid.

Tom Turkey, that is going to be a special occasion for your grandson.

Ice Wanderer, Hope you have a great day.

Mason Eddie, Hope you have a great day on the ice.

Hope everyone has a great day and a safe one on the ice. God Bless
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22236 on: Jan 18, 2021, 01:54 PM »
45.....so sorry to read about everything that's been going on with you and the family. Prayers sent everything turns out for your wife and that you can finally find some successful treatment for your back. Mr. Dickens is lucky to have you and your wife looking out for him. Tough times all the way around keep your chin up Sir!

WS

Offline Rowdie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Old Wrestling Coach
« Reply #22237 on: Jan 18, 2021, 04:31 PM »
Thanks ICE the furnace was an easy fix just the thermostat.    The funeral, is so sad, thanks.   
"Once you've wrestled, everything else in life is easy"  Dan Gable

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #22238 on: Jan 19, 2021, 02:38 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  23* on the Hill this am, repeat of yesterday’s weather, high of 32.

Rowdie...sorry for your loss, my condolences to you also.
  I-45...keeping you all in thoughts and prayers, X2 on Marvs reply! 
  H2...congrats to you and the team, another excellent night on the lanes!   :clap:
  Wally...snapped a couple pictures, but it was a pretty uneventful day...super slow for everyone out. Did avoid the skunk though!   ;D 
  Marv...hope you had a fun day snowshoeing, I’ve never tried that before.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...hope the plumbing fix cures the problem!   The small lake I was on had quite a few fishermen yesterday. Best of luck today!  :thumbsup:

That last 5-6” of snow we had here created one heck of a sloppy mess on the ice. Surely was glad my Muck boots were on as ankle deep water was waiting everywhere under the slush. Very slow morning for me and most everyone I saw fishing, but it was fun anyway, managed a few panfish.
  Met up with my son for a few hours in the afternoon, got into a few crappies and bluegills until the winds came back with a vengeance. We called it quits at 5pm.
  Back to the terrazzo again this am unless we’re boarding up windows!   ;D  Cawfee’s on!
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #22239 on: Jan 19, 2021, 03:58 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                               It's 17* and calm this morning on my hill.
                               Eddie.......I hate it when there is so much water on the ice, hopefully this cold front coming in takes care of it. :unsure:
                               Rowdie.....I'm sorry for your loss. :( I'm glad the furnace was an easy fix. :flex:
                               I-45.........It's been a while since you've posted, sorry that all that you all are going through. It's got to be hard for Mr. Dickens
                      getting around. ???
                               H2l..........Congratul ations on the bowling. :clap: :flex:
                               Wally.......I bet you're excited about going to Ma. it's been a while. Have a good time. :thumbsup:
                               Marv........What's on you agenda today? ???
                               Headed out in a few.
                               I hopeveryone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22240 on: Jan 19, 2021, 05:04 AM »
Morning all,

Rowdie.....so sorry for your loss  :(  too many funerals everywhere lately  :'(

IF45.....continued thoughts and prayers sent your way  :(

IW.....good luck, hope the fish are hungry  :tipup:

Eddie....hope you and the crew get thru the week w/o any incidents  :-\  glad you were able to get on the ice despite the slushy conditions  :icefish:

H2L.....congrats on another good showing  :thumbsup:

WS.....any fishing plans for this week  ???

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22241 on: Jan 19, 2021, 05:15 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone  :bow:

Starting out at 18 with a high today of 18.

Rowdie.....I'm very sorry for your loss, never easy.

Eddie .... The snowshoeing went well. I much prefer doing it at the shack when there is 12"-18" on the ground.

IW...Best of luck :icefish:

h2l.... Sounds like a good night at the alley :thumbsup:

WW.....hope the ice allows you and Mr. WW to get on the ice soon :thumbsup: No plans yet.

Not a lot going on. I am going to get a walk in once it lightens up some and then I have some puttering to do in the garage.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22242 on: Jan 19, 2021, 05:49 AM »
20* this morning.
Ice-45, good to hear from you. My thoughts are with you.
Eddie, had to nice to hit the ice. Got windy here later in the day also. Had to run to the village about 6:30 last night and saw some lights down below Sport Island. Someone was putting in a long day.
IW, hope you have a good day on the ice.
WW, looks like some good weather to be on the roads.
WS, enjoy your walk, nice that the days are getting longer.
Everyone be safe....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22243 on: Jan 19, 2021, 08:37 AM »
Good Morning ER's Well the wind made it tough to get home. one stretch had the gas mileage down to 2mpg. Never thought I would see a wind generator get blown over.  :cookoo: word at home is up to and over 100 mph. sure rearranged things in the neighborhood  :woot: at times thought I was going to have to hide under a bridge like in the movie "twister"  :woot:

Daughter wants to come help clean out the house, for a couple weeks,  bring a grand son that is out of work,  but wants to get paid  ::) ::) one thing for sure is the freezers will get emptied out.  She loves to cook..

Had a big post when I got back saturday 1/16 but lost it to the wind i guess  :unsure: slept for 8.5 hours and didn't roll over once. 1,287 mile with one 4 hour stop.  Sounds like what Capt-Jim has to face, getting things moved.

still lots of catching up to do.  Stay safe all.
Bud

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22244 on: Jan 19, 2021, 08:51 AM »
Good Morning ER's  45 will keep your family in prayers. Rowdie sorry you had a funeral  to go to. Condolences to family/friends. Cleaned through the bait only lost 2 wax worms. I added crappie minnows and may add shiners/suckers to the list. Around 20* here might head out tomorrow again.

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22245 on: Jan 19, 2021, 09:22 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, 30 degrees here and sunny. Thank you everyone for your prayers. Hoping my wifes Melanoma hasn’t spread. Took Mr Dickens to his favorite lake for a walk still had open water on it but there were people on the ice part. Miss fishing.

Old Goat, Hopefully you get out on the ice tomorrow.

IFF, That must have been something being in winds that high. That will be good to see your daughter and grandson.

Hunts2long, Hope you and your wife have a good day. Your both in our prayers.,

Whopper Stopper, Hope you had a good walk and have a good day tinkering in the garage.

WallyWorld, Did you make it to Ma?

Ice Wanderer, Hope you have a great day.

Mason Eddie, Will you be working tomorrow since you work so close to the capital where there may be riots?

Rowdie, Prayers and condolences for your loss. That’s good that the furnace was a easy fix.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one whether their out working or on the ice. God Bless.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #22246 on: Jan 19, 2021, 09:12 PM »
Good evening  windy here the past few days (15-20 mph range) minor compared to what the those out west saw last week. I spent a few hours at my sisters and BIL's on Saturday afternoon shared a late lunch/early dinner.
SpitzoMT congratulations on catching the rainbows glad you were able to get out fishing.
Hunts2long will be thinking of your wife and all of you as her surgery date gets closer. I'm curious were the northern pike Lindsay's friend caught from GSL.
Wallyworld may you get to MA. this coming weekend and have a good trp and time with your son.DIL and the grandchildren.
Icewanderer no offense but happy i did not receive any of the heavy snow down in my section of NY. May you have the plumbing problem fixed. Best to you and JOn with any fishing this week.
Rebelss hope all is good with you,nice looking cake.
Eddie may you not see or get caught in any violent protests at the Capitol tomorrow. Good to hear you got out fishing and put some crappies and bluegills on top of the ice in spite of the sloppy conditions from recent snow.
Whopper Stopper hope your SIL and you are not to sore after the snowshoeing. May your wife be restocked on office supplies and able to stay out of the jungle. I believe my sister will be going back to her work place in the next week or two depending on virus infection rate.
Fish/hunt4ever thank you for the photos. Nice that you could get a fishing trip in and relax. May you have a good work week and safe traveling.
Tomturkeynice to read you had a good visit with your friend's son. Think your grandson will be very happy to receive your ice fishing gear.

Uppervalley kid welcome to the thread. may you see colder temperatures soon and better ice conditions.
Rowdie good to hear the furnace problem was an easy fix and you have back up for your heating system. My condolences on the passing of your friend.
Icefisher-45 will be thinking of your wife and you also as her surgery date gets closer may the melanoma have not spread.
Old Goat best to you with any fishing trips this week.
IFF sounds like you had an interesting ride home. May your neighborhood not be badly damaged from the high winds.
Capt.Jim hope you and the family are in good shape. Best to you with your next rip east to pick up more of your belongings.

Have a good night. May the united States not see wide spread violence tomorrow as we change presidents.
 steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22247 on: Jan 20, 2021, 02:43 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Happy Hump Day!  ;D    Fairly calm, flurries falling, 23* this am, high of 26 today.

Steve...glad you were able to spend some time with your family, looks like some promising ice making weather arriving this weekend!   Security has been amping up at the workplace, hopefully things stay peaceful today... :thumbsup:
  I-45...happy to read Mr.Dickens is still getting his favorite walks in at the lake, nice!  :clap: 
  OG...best of luck drilling holes today!  :thumbsup:  Curious...what’s the price on the minnows out your way? I just paid $6 dozen for small shiners here, and they were definitely small.
  Bud...glad you arrived home safely, must have been some nerve racking moments with those winds! Good news on your daughter and grandson coming to help out with house....maybe you can get a fishing trip or two in with him?     :thumbsup:
  H2...it sure fealt good getting out again! Couple things I learned...my flip over pulls like a log sideways through slush, ( didn’t use my Smitty sled because of conditions ), need to start lightening up on what I bring, time to replace my 6” Lazer blades, lol.  :thumbsup:
  Marv...any thoughts of deploying Shamu again? Hope you had a good day yesterday!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...hope all systems are go for the trip to Mass this weekend, best wishes sent your way!!!  :bow: :thumbsup:
  Jeff...yes the water like that on ice sucks, glad I had the cell phone in a ziplock bag, close call.  :woot:  Hope you and Jon landed on some fish..will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:

Well, today we get a new president and administration. Hopefully the transition goes well and the storm that the media has and continues to help create, fizzles out peacefully. Seeing the front page of the NY Post yesterday, looks like there’s a whole lot of new people stacking up to cross the border. It’s going to be a miraculous thing in what happens soon... :whistle:  Sorry for the rant..Cawfee’s on!
  Have a great day all, BE SAFE, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #22248 on: Jan 20, 2021, 03:42 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's
                         It's 21* and dark out here on my hill. ::)
                         Eddie.......Landed some pan fish yesterday, but today I'm taking #3 son out we're going to target some eyes. :thumbsup:
                         I-45.........I'm sure Mr. Dickens enjoyed the walk, dogs have extra senses that enable them to know where they are. :whistle:
                         Steve.......I'm glad you were able to get together with your sister over the weekend. :clap:
                         Bud.........I'm glad to read you are safely home, in my travels across country in the past, I've seen the wind blow tractor trailers
                  around like Tonka trucks. :o
                         Marv.......I hope you got all accomplished in the garage yesterday? ???
                         Heading out in a few as I wrote earlier, I'm taking my 4 wheeler today, I think we're going to try a new spot where we've been fishing.
                         I hope everyone has a good Wednesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22249 on: Jan 20, 2021, 05:54 AM »
Gee:  Looks like everyone  is sleeping in this morning ???? NO ER's Hum  Think there is some coffee left, but its cold.

Ok I'll make some new.

Eddie I doubt he even knows what a live fish looks like. other than what you might see in the store on display.  Think he keeps his noise stuck in his X Box  ::)

Just got an email from HMO to sign up if I want to get the covid-19 vaccination when available.  So that might put a crimp in traveling.  Daughter wants me to drive her to her daughter that lives in SC end of May from Wisconsin.  But who knows, I at times think by then I might have to have a walker just to get from bed to a bathroom.  :unsure: 

Grand son's here in Colorado are back in school till Memorial day doing couple class days and otherwise online.  Not to enthused to go ice fishing.  Think they will be more inclined to go in the boat when its nice out.

Bud

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22250 on: Jan 20, 2021, 06:08 AM »
Morning all,

IW......hope the new spot works well for you today  :icefish:

MrC.....glad you had a chance to visit your sister and b-i-l  :thumbsup:

IFF.....that had to be a wild ride  :o  nice your daughter/grandson will give you a hand  :clap:  not so much the getting paid part  :nono:

Eddie.....fingers crossed all stays quiet at the work site today  :unsure:

WS.....more puttering today or will you be tinkering instead  ??? :woot:

A couple errands today, that's about it   :-\ 

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22251 on: Jan 20, 2021, 06:54 AM »
25* and a dusting of new snow, which I can handle.
Mr. Clean, yes the pike were caught in GSL. There are quite a few that size, or larger being caught every year. The best part is most are released.
Eddie, sure am hoping that you and everyone else has a quiet day at work.
WW, I am sure you have been using the "cookie" sheets and holding back on us.
IW, good luck on the ice today. Looks like some good ice making weather on the way. There were a couple sleds thru the ice over the week end. NO ONE hurt. One was by the "spillway" at Northville, go figure.

Thank You, Pres. Trump, for the job you did, you were a very good employee. Good Luck to Pres. Biden, you may have his desk, but HIS shoes won't fit.

GOD BLESS AMERICA.
Northville, NY

Offline icefisher-45

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22252 on: Jan 20, 2021, 10:09 AM »
Good Morning Everyone, My wife is working today. Hospital about full. She’s happy she has the next 4 days off. Mr Dickens is coming along slowly in the house as to where he is. He does get more treats now.

Mason Eddie, Hope there aren’t to many issues near the capital today.

Hunts2long, Hope you and your wife have a good day. Continuing prayers for both of you.

WallyWorld, Be safe running your errands today.

Ice Wanderer, Good luck on your new spot today.

IFF, Are you going to get your vaccine? That’s good your daughter and grandson are going to help clean up.

I hope everyone has a great day and a safe one to those working or on the ice.

Thank you President Trump for your 4 years of service to this great country. God Bless America.
Take a kid ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22253 on: Jan 20, 2021, 10:22 AM »
Good mid morning everyone :bow:

Awoke to -5 this morning with a -15 wind chill. They claim by the afternoon it will get into the 30's ???

I got side tracked 4 times this morning and now I have a couple of errands to run.

Eddie....good luck at work today. I am guessing it will be a nut house. No quick hand movements or throwing mortar :whistle: I was contemplating Shamu but got busy in the garage and skipped it. I may do some checking around tomorrow.

IW...best of luck on the ice :icefish:

WW..... I bet you are getting pretty excite :clap: Is the cookie factory in high gear? My puttering turned into tinkering. Tinkering is what happens when you don't understand all you know about something  ;D

Bud.... Glad you are all tucked in safe and sound at home :thumbsup:

I just got told to get on with my running around so I best fire up the old Buick.

Hope you all have a good rest of the day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy

As h2l said....."GOD BLESS AMERICA"

Hello 45! Hope you have a good day :thumbsup:

WS

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22254 on: Jan 20, 2021, 11:44 AM »
Good Morning ER's wishing all well. Mason I paid 6.25 for dozen Mediums Large was 7.50 and extra large are 12.25 Had to run my mother in to hearing appt. yesterday quick trip to thrift store and found 2 more Jello Jiggler trays a buck each. Sweet   I'm pushing outing to tomorrow as it will be a bit warmer. This will be my first big lake trip in 3-5 yrs. if I remember correctly. I believe it was a skunk hope not a repeat but will be going for something Big.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22255 on: Jan 21, 2021, 02:30 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  11* and fairly calm this am, high of 32 today....making ice!  :tipup:

OG...thanks for the info, bait prices are just about the same. Here in NY we have a regulation with minnows, only good for 10 days after purchase and you need to carry the dated receipt showing what was purchased. Still don’t know what makes them bad on the 11th day and beyond!   :cookoo:   Best of luck on the big water today, will be looking forward to your report!   :thumbsup:
  Marv...hope you find a good spot to park Shamu if searching today! Should be plenty of ice with those temps, good luck!  :thumbsup: 
  I-45...bet your wife is ready for the 4 days off, thank her for service...enjoy the time together!  :thumbsup:
  H2...well said, hoping for the best!  :thumbsup:  God Bless America!
  Wally...looks like some of Drifters weather is finally seeping down this way, hopefully it will lock up the big lakes soon!  :thumbsup:  Now, how about those cookie sheets H2 mentioned?  ;D
  Bud...seems the X Box, cell phones and computers have the grip on most of the younger people these days.
  Jeff...congrats on the panfish, hope the walleyes were chewing yesterday!  :thumbsup:  Good luck today if you’re heading back out!

Apologies for the political rant and anyone whom it may have offended yesterday, I know I stepped outside the line of this thread.
  Yesterday was a very quiet day at the workplace...more security than workers it seemed...State Troopers, FBI, Homeland Security, National Guard, Sheriff’s, Local Police, you name it, they were there and ready.
  When all was said and done, here’s who showed up for a peaceful demonstration....Cawfe e’s on!   ;D

https://spectrumlocalnews.com/nys/central-ny/politics/2021/01/20/lone-trump-supporter-at-nys-capitol-hoped-for-peaceful-protest

Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22256 on: Jan 21, 2021, 04:46 AM »
15* this morning. Looks like good ice making weather for a few days.
Eddie, I guess he didn't get the memo.
IW, if on the ice today, Good Luck.

For some reason woke up at 4:30, this will mess up my day. I see someone won the Powerball, let me know and I will PM you my address.

Have a good day and stay well,,,h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22257 on: Jan 21, 2021, 05:05 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....glad all stayed quiet yesterday, fingers crossed the quiet continues  ;)

H2L....hate those mornings when the rooster crows too early  :pinch:

IF45....enjoy the long weekend  :clap:

IW.....looking forward to your report    :tipup:

WS.....seems with the below zero temps the slush should be pretty solid, hope you find a good spot to park Shamu   :icefish:  thanks for the explanation of tinkering  :wacko: :roflmao:

OG......good luck, hope the kitty stays away  :icefish:

Sorry fellas,  there's no cookie sheets being tossed around here  :(  when we had to cancel Christmas last month I popped all those treats in the freezer so no baking needed for this trip  ;)2

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #22258 on: Jan 21, 2021, 06:01 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        It's 8* and cloudy with a high in the twenties today. ::)
                        Eddie........All that hype about demonstrators at the capital in Albany, what a shock I guess our governor isn't as important
              as he thinks he is. lol :roflmao:
                        Wally.........The grand kid will never know the difference, cookies seem to stay intact in the freezer then thawed. :flex:
                        Marv......... When I'm down in the basement and my wife ask "What are you doing down there" I reply with "Just dinking around".
              She then says "What's dinking mean" lol :roflmao: I think it's a guy thing. :unsure: Good luck if you heading out. :thumbsup:
                        H2l............There is always some idiot that just can't understand the premise of thin ice. :o
                        Bud............Did they give you a time line for the vaccine shot? I called the VA and they put me on a list as well crazy. Here in NY our
              governor thought that inmates in prison should get it first than the veterans. :cookoo: :%$#!:
                        I-45...........I hope your wife enjoys the 4 days off. :clap:
                        Yesterdays fishing in the spot seem to be a good move, we were on the same body of water but  away from where we usually go.
              My #3 son and I set up out tip up from 10 fow to 5 fow then set up in 18 fow and jigged, right away I caught a 17" Crappie and lots of marks
             on the Vex. It didn't take long to get the 1st flag but it was a hit and spit. Then my son got a flag, same thing, then I got a flag, when I got to
             the tip up it was spinning and lie was being reeled off. I had something on with big shoulders. I got it with in 19 feet from the hole and it would
             take off for another run. The last run it made my knot pulled out of my swivel. We will never know what I had. Then back to jigging and I
            hooked on to something bigger than a Crappie. Here what I caught.

A catfish, I never caught one before. After I let him go my son said you know they are good eating.
                         I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22259 on: Jan 21, 2021, 06:03 AM »
Good morning everyone  :bow:

32 which is the high for the day, by this afternoon temps drop and the wind cranks up to 30mph +

Eddie....best wishes to you and the crew for a safe and quiet day at the work place :thumbsup:

IW....Best of luck if you did an all nighter on the ice :icefish: :icefish:

WW..... I figured you had  stock pile of treats. Do you have a lock on you freezer ???

OG... Best of luck to you on the ice :icefish: :icefish:

45...hope you gave an awesome weekend, any plans ???

OS.....Good morning Sir :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

I am waiting on a hint of light before getting a walk in. I have to look at a tree before noon so not sure if I will get around to Shamu or not.

WS

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.