Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1646512 times)

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #22140 on: Jan 09, 2021, 11:01 AM »
Well made an earlier flight from Chicago and then made it home last night was nice to sleep in my own bed. Have a great weekend all.

Offline JohnnyO19

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22141 on: Jan 09, 2021, 02:39 PM »
Mya is beautiful Spitz!

Here is my Bodhi, @ 4 1/2 years.

After I told him a joke :-)

They sure are great friends, we are very lucky!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #22142 on: Jan 09, 2021, 09:25 PM »
Good evening, another seasonal day here did not get out scouting maybe tomorrow. I did see a post in Southern NY. thread saying all of bigger lakes in Sullivan county are open water.
Ice Wander sounds like a very nice meal hope everyone enjoyed your cooking and had a good time.
Eddie may your coworker receive his test results soon the waiting must be putting tension on all of the crew . Best to you if you get out fishing. Have fun with the grandchildren.
Wallyworld still waiting for my prize package from ice Shanty also when I looked at tracking last update is from Jan.&TH and just says in transit. I have a feeling the package is sitting in some distribution center. U.S. postal service website does have a message at top of page due to high volume and Covid deliveries may be delayed.
Hunts2long may there be no reports of some one through the ice on GSL this weekend as some people head out to ice fish and get away from the world for a while.
Old Goat did you get out today and how did you do with bringing any fish home.
Whopper Stopper nice to hear you and your SIL were able to bring some fish home. Glad you remembered the rules for ice fishing pike.
SpitzoMT good to read your snowmobiles are ready to go and the errands are completed.
Capt.Jim the prize package went in mail on Jan.2,then moved from that post office to a distribution center in WI. on the third after that tracking shows it as in transit.  I know some packages and other mail is taking up to three weeks to be delivered. Good to hear the brake work on van was not to expensive.
fish/hunt4ever nice you could get an earlier flight out of Chicago and got to sleep in your own bed on Friday night. Hope you had a nice Saturday with your family. Best to you with travel back to Ohio.
Johnny019 thank you for the photos of Bodhi handsome dog. Welcome to the thread .

Everyone have a good night and pleasant Sunday.
  Steve

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #22143 on: Jan 09, 2021, 11:12 PM »
They sure are great friends, we are very lucky!

So very true Johnny...
Bodhi is a great looking dog !!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #22144 on: Jan 10, 2021, 04:24 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Clear and calm 16* this am, high of 29.

Steve...yes,  the tension and frustration of not knowing plays havoc with your conscience..possibly infecting others unknowingly. No symptoms here or anyone else in the house, fingers remain crossed!  :thumbsup:  Good luck finding some ice today if you’re heading out!
  JohnnyO...what a handsome boy you’ve got there, welcome to the 9:45!  :thumbsup:
  Capt.J...glad you found a mechanic to fix your brake problem with a very reasonable price tag to boot, nice!   :clap: :thumbsup:  Heading back to NJ again soon?
  Spitz...good news on the sleds, hope the SxS fired right up as well for you!  :thumbsup:
  OG...I’m still anxious to try out that line you sent me, hope you found some biters yesterday!    :thumbsup:
  Marv...congrats to you both on avoiding the skunk and landing a few!  :thumbsup:  Any other possibility’s for Shamu to get set up on?
  H2...a buddy of mine and his son were fishing somewhere up on the reservoir yesterday, might have been close to Sport Island area. Last text he sent me fishing was slow, but did have a couple of flags. Good luck on the lanes tonight!   :thumbsup:
  Wally...2nd round of vaccinations is scheduled for Jan. 23rd at the nursing home. Staff testing is twice a week now with the recent increase in positive results, hoping for better days and news soon.  :thumbsup:  Any plans for a trip to see the grandchildren and family soon?
  Jeff...last message I got from my son yesterday at that spot was they were catching crappies and both had missed something big on tipups.  :icefish:
  Bud...safe travels if you’re on another adventure!   :thumbsup:

Still waiting to take the first ice trip yet, just wasn’t in the cards yesterday. My buddy went and got a few panfish, but said it was a pretty slow afternoon. Ice was good, maybe this week after work.
  Not much on the planner today, might make a batch or two of pepper jelly...fell way behind on that this season.  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #22145 on: Jan 10, 2021, 05:28 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                          It's 13* and overcast here on my hill. ::)
                          JohnnyO......Welcome to the morning addiction. Your dog is a very handsome guy, they make great friends. :thumbsup:
                          Marv............I'm glad to read that you and Jen had a good day on the ice. :flex: I hope one of the lakes is a good spot for Shamu. :unsure:
                          Steve..........If the smaller ponds have good ice down there, they can make for good fishing. :flex:
                          Wally..........I hope you and Mr. WW can finally get your trip to Mass. to see the grandkids. :thumbsup:
                          Spitz..........I'm glad to read that the sleds are good to go, any big trips planned for them? ???
                          Capt...........That's good news that your brakes are fixed, safe travels back to NJ for another load. :flex:
                          H2l.............Fishin g has been slow all over, Jon and I think all that rain stirred up so much silt that it's taking a while to settle out. :blink:
                          I didn't do much yesterday, I did have to go to #2's again to help out with the microwave installation. Then I watched some football.
                          Not much going on today, Jon and I are doing an afternoon trip tomorrow and staying till after dark so I need to get my lights out and tested for
                 my tip-ups.
                          I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22146 on: Jan 10, 2021, 05:49 AM »
Morning all,

IW......fingers crossed the bite will be better on tomorrow's outing  ;)

MrC.....my package from VA was mailed on 12/12, listed as "in transit" since 12/16  :cookoo:  think covid has become a catch-all excuse  >:(

Eddie.....hoping to make the MA trip in the next week or two  :clap:  with numbers so high in this area and so many people we know testing positive I'm a little concerned that we might be somehow carriers even tho we've "recovered"  :-\  apparently you can test positive up to 3 months after contracting the virus so another test is a waste of time  :blink: 

H2L....good luck tonight  :flex:

WS.....all the different rules/regs can sure make fishing challenging at times  :wacko: 

Today is our friend's funeral  :'( :'(  Nothing else on the planner.

Have a good day. Stay safe, stay healthy.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22147 on: Jan 10, 2021, 06:13 AM »
14* this morning.
IW, the wife would love the duck, me not so much.
Johnny019, welcome to the site and nice looking dog.
Haven't heard of many fish being caught around here either. Didn't see 6/7 groups out yesterday. Most at Sport Island or out from the campsite.
Hope everyone has a good day and stay well....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22148 on: Jan 10, 2021, 07:53 AM »
Good Morning ER's 23* here now. I ended up watching FB yesterday and did not go out. I did a little work on my sled should be ok for a bit. Scouting local areas found a zoo full of people in one of triangles off Monona Bay. Mr. C I don't usually keep fish to often. Eddie I put the whole spool on a little reel and it works well. I do add a little thill float and good to5-8 ft. depth. I have used same set up to 20 ft. and bring them up by hand. Bud you out there?

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22149 on: Jan 10, 2021, 02:11 PM »

Drifter.....We need some of those -0* temps to get our big lake to freeze. :flex:

Oneida Lake IW?
If so it looks like she locked up last night.
Give it a few days to be safe and hit it!!!

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22150 on: Jan 10, 2021, 10:39 PM »
Eddie, OG yeah I’m here in Wisconsin ready for another adventure  should be an interesting b-day
Bud

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #22151 on: Jan 11, 2021, 02:07 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  18* and fairly calm this am, high of 29 again today. Took a peek at the 10 day extended forecast, still not seeing much for cold temps yet.

Bud...Happy Birthday wishes sent your way, hope you have a great time in Wisconsin!   :clap: :icefish:
  Dave...hope you’re feeling better and regaining your strength!  :thumbsup:  Are the ice roads open?
  OG...thanks for the info, maybe I’ll set up a similar rod like you did strictly for shallow waters.   :thumbsup:
  H2..hope the lanes were good to you and the team last night!   :thumbsup: 
  Wally...again, my condolences on the loss of your friend. This whole Covid mess seems to get more and more confusing each passing day with the info and recommendations. Best wishes sent for your trip to Mass, hope they work out for you all.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...best of luck to you and Jon this afternoon/evening, here’s to a hot bite!   :thumbsup:  Will be looking forward to your report tomorrow!   

Back to the terrazzo again this am, still not a peep about the coworkers tests results. Heard some conflicting info on the quarantine pay ( or lack of ) now if we have to go out. Apparently that coverage ended on Dec. 31, will be looking into that today.
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #22152 on: Jan 11, 2021, 04:11 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                         It's 15* with fair skies. snow showers are forecast for this afternoon, 30%. ::)
                         Eddie.......I hope news of the  coworker comes in soon and no threat to you all.  :thumbsup: Have a good day and here's hoping no
                shutdown is in sight. :whistle:
                         Bud.........Happy Birthday. :clap:
                         Marv........How did the trip to "The Shack" go yesterday, I hope you didn't run in to icy spots on the way? ???
                         H2l..........I hope you and your team bowled well last night. :flex:
                         Dave........I'm talking about Lake George, The King, it takes some deep cold to lock it up. :whistle:
                         Wally........I am saddened again on the passing of your friend. :( I hope your plans to go to your family in Ma. works out for you. :flex:
                         I hope to have a good report to share tomorrow in today's trip.
                         I hope everyone has a good Monday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22153 on: Jan 11, 2021, 04:50 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....Happy birthday  :thumbsup: :clap:  Enjoy Wisconsin  ;)

IW......good luck, be safe  :icefish: 

WS.....hope all was good at the shack  ;)2

Eddie.....the town DPW here is shut down for 14 days due to all the positive test results  :blink:

Drifter.....Oneida lake is my area, hoping the skim holds and no big snows hit it   :tipup:

Hoping to get word the 4 wheeler part is in today  :-\  my car is sitting outside while the wheeler is in the garage waiting to get put back together  ::)

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22154 on: Jan 11, 2021, 05:39 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

28 heading into the mid 30's today. We are trading fog for some wind today.

Bud....... Happy Birthday :clap: :clap: Enjoy your time in WI  :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Eddie.... Best wish to you that the co-workers test comes back negative :thumbsup:

IW.... Best of luck when hitting the ice :icefish: :icefish:

WW..... Brighter days are around the corner :thumbsup:

Yesterday we took a run to the shack and spent a good part of the day. Heading up there was a little icy from all the fog but once there it was a fun day. The girls spent their time sledding behind the snowmobile through the woods. I took my snowshoes and put on around 3 miles wandering around the woods. I found a few good trails to keep in mind for this fall. I will make the same loop in a couple weeks looking for sheds.

Today I need to fix a couple wires on my Marcum camera. My wife needs to make a run to her work for supplies.

Hope you all have a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #22155 on: Jan 11, 2021, 05:57 AM »
Good Morning ER's !!

12° this morning when I left the house, 9° when I arrived at work.

Back to this work thing for 4 days, then it's a nice well deserved (says me) 4 days off.

Time to empty this coffee cup & see what's in store for the day.

EVERYBODY HAVE A GREAT DAY & MAY YOU STAY HEALTHY/SAFE !!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22156 on: Jan 11, 2021, 06:24 AM »
21* this morning.
IFF, Happy Birthday and enjoy your trip.

The team did well last night. Took all 4 points, but a couple games were close. One game by 5 pins, the second by 8.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay well....h2l

Eddie, I saw some sleds with NUTS out on the lake.
Northville, NY

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22157 on: Jan 11, 2021, 06:59 AM »
Good Morning ER's wishing everyone well. Bud Happy Birthday. IF the Bud  train buzzes through town  gear is ready or if time for me to drive to LAX still that's possible. H2L close games 4 pts. well done for your team. Have a nice day.

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #22158 on: Jan 11, 2021, 09:46 AM »
Good Morning, good morning

24* heading to the high 40's, maybe 50*, whisper of a breeze, bright sunshine

Ellie & I took a ride yesterday, saw a lot of skim ice on small local private ponds-anything that would public access fishing was still open water
     Found a nice place to eat in the town of Leavenworth, blocks away from Ft. Leavenworth, added to the list

Starting to plan a trip back to NJ to partially empty a storage unit, pack till my van is full

I.F.F. - HAPPY BIRTHDAY -  Have a good time in Wisc.

Mason - Covid SHOULD be on the list of things for unemployment benefits, time for some of the benefit items to change anyway

Mrs. W.W. - Sorry to hear about the friend's passing - Safe trip when going to Mass.

W.S. - Always something to find/see when scouting the woods - Going to try fishing soon?

H2L - What place is the team in right now?

I.W. - Good Luck on the ice

O.G. - Any decent ice by you?

Meatloaf for dinner tonite-have to start the prep. now-it gets done in the slow cooker-last nite's chicken was beyond excellent

Be Safe
Stay Warm
Have Fun
Tight Lines
Records & Limits
Good Eats & Drink
Safe Travels
Happy Birthday
Happy Anniversary
Get Well Soon
Thoughts & Prayers

Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22159 on: Jan 11, 2021, 07:13 PM »
Dave is this out your front door?  ;D

WS

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #22160 on: Jan 11, 2021, 11:36 PM »
I wish. We could use more snow.   ;)

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22161 on: Jan 12, 2021, 03:26 AM »
Good morning ER’s
 Marv who’s front door is that ? Looks like a good drift landed there.

OG well managed to blow out all the candles, plan is to drift over to Delavan some time this afternoon To see what’s going on there, then up your way 😀 ;D  Hope all’s well with the Boss.  My guest had pizza for dinner that didn’t sit well a few minutes ago.  But got rid of it and resting good now.

Daughter called to wish the happy b-day and tells me the local guesser is saying expect 50’s and up to 60 for a couple days there in Colorado

Back to my pillow for mow SS all
Bud

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #22162 on: Jan 12, 2021, 05:04 AM »

Good morning Bud, ER's,
                         It's 25* and overcast, partly cloudy is the guess for the day. ::)
                         Bud........I'm sorry to read that your Birthday Pizza didn't sit well. :sick:
                         Eddie......We went to where the your boys were and fished till 8 pm, the Crappie were biting vigorously. Jon and I have lights for our
                 tip up and we each had one go off about an hour and a half after dark, his was a hit and split and mine took my bait all together. Most likely
                 eyes because of the size of the bait. :whistle:
                        Marv........Years ago, we had snow like that, not so much anymore. :o I'm glad your trip to "the shack" went well and the girls had fun
                 being pulled around. :thumbsup:
                        Capt.........Can you tow a trailer with you van, that might save some trips.  :unsure:
                        Wally........I hope the parts for the wheeler come in so you can get your car back in the garage. :whistle:
                        Not going on today, Oh I have an oil change this morning, then back home to clean the house, Mrs. IW is coming home tomorrow.
                        I hope everyone has a good Tuesday either at work or out. Stay Safe and Healthy.

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #22163 on: Jan 12, 2021, 05:07 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

20 with patchy fog getting to 35 later on.

Just a quick "Good Morning" before I load up some gear and head to the lake. I am going back where the s-i-l and I went the other day except this time I am going to strike out on my own away from the masses.

Bud... enjoy your trip, hope you can find some fish along the way :thumbsup:

IW... Looking forward to your report :thumbsup:

WW...did you reclaim your spot in the garage yet ;D

Hope everyone has a good day :thumbsup: Stay safe and healthy.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22164 on: Jan 12, 2021, 05:23 AM »
Morning all,

IFF.....glad you had a good birthday, enjoy the rest of your journey  :thumbsup:

IW....bet MrsIW will be glad to be home again  ;)  how is her Mom doing  ???

WS....best of luck today on the ice  :icefish: 

Eddie.....hope the powers that be are amping up the security around the work site  :callcops: :callcops:

No parts yet  >:(   a couple errands on today's agenda not much else happening ;)

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22165 on: Jan 12, 2021, 05:30 AM »
29* this morning.

WS, we don't need any snow like that. Good luck out on the ice, be safe.

Plow just went by the house. Had to go turn the outside light on, just a dusting, they must be putting some salt down or getting some OT.

Capt. Jim, that sounds like a "spring day" on the way. Good to see you are getting out to explore your new "homeland". Has to be some change from NJ.

IW, good luck with getting the house ready for the wife. I know that feeling.

SpitzoMT, do you always work 4on/4off? I worked 10 days on/ 4 days off for years. Really enjoyed the long weekends.

Hope everyone has a good day and stay well...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline SpitzoMT

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • FLX-28 Ultra Pack
« Reply #22166 on: Jan 12, 2021, 06:19 AM »
Morning Everyone !!

27° at the house, 23° here at work.

H2L - i work 2 weeks of Monday thru Thursday & 2 weeks of Tuesday thru Friday. So end up with a 3 day weekend, 4 day weekend, 3 day weekend & a 2 day weekend.

Time to down this coffee & get to work.

HAVE A GREAT TUESDAY & STAY SAFE/HEALTHY !!

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22167 on: Jan 12, 2021, 07:32 AM »
It is time that I make a post to let you all know that I am alive and well. Not going any where this morning as every thing has a covering of ice on it again. We are way behind on the amount of snow we normall have by this time. Hopefully we do nont have a repeatof the blizzard of '78 to catch up. We were snowed in for two weeks before we got plowed out.

ww I know how you feel about losing a friend to covid. When I posted about losing two fiends, one to covid, things went down hill fast after that. I lost count of the number of friends that have died since then. I do not know how many may have died from covid. Those deaths have put me in a funk.

Marv I wish I had pictures of the cottages on the lake near my other place that were barried in snow back when we actually got snow. I wish my brush pile was not burried in snow so I could burn it. Hopefully the snow melts off of it before all of the snow is gone so I can get it burned.

I worked swing shift at a chemical plant for a few years. Worked all  three shifts rotating from days to second then third. We ended up with one actual long week end a month after working third shift.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #22168 on: Jan 12, 2021, 07:38 AM »
Good morning had to get up early to bring a friend to local hospital for procedure he is having done today. Blue sky and sunshine outside need to check forecast to see what the day's high temperature will be if weather guessers are correct.
Eddie good to hear one of your sons got out ice fishing . Guess you are all still waiting for your coworkers test results. If a quarantine is needed may you receive pay for the time you are off from work.
Ice Wanderer may your wife have a safe trip home from Vermont. Is son #2's kitchen work almost completed.
Wallyworld may everything work out and you get to Ma. to see your son and his family before months end. Hope the parts for the 4 wheeler come soon so your car can go back into the garage.
Hunts2long congrats to your bowling team on picking up 4 points on Sunday.
Old Goat I'm mostly a catch and release fishermen also. Do you now have your sled set up to your liking and ready for the next trip.
IFF belated happy Birthday. may your friend be feeling better.
Whopper Stopper best to you with today's fishing  Sounds like you and the girls had a good time at your shack.
SpitzoMT  may you have a good work week ,enjoy the coming 4 days off from work.
Capt.Jim good to read you and Ellie are exploring your new home area and found a nice eating place.
Tomturkey good to hear all is well with you and your family.

Everyone have a Good Tuesday, stay safe and healthy.
 Steve

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22169 on: Jan 12, 2021, 08:02 AM »
Good Morning ER's  20* here heading to 33* in the afternoon.  Captain ice is good here all lakes assessable. Mr. C the sled is slightly less weight now on 30 inch skis with add on features. It rocks. Good luck IW stay safe and enjoy the outdoors and oh catch a few today.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.