Author Topic: A recipe for splake chasers  (Read 6970 times)

Offline aaron21x2

• Team IceShanty Regular
A recipe for splake chasers
« on: Mar 11, 2009, 07:24 PM »
This turns out really good guys and it's super easy:

Spray a baking pan with oil. Lay skinless fillet in pan. Lightly season with lemon pepper. Put a thin coat of Mayonnaise on fish, about like you would butter bread. Sprinkle generously with fine diced fresh onion. Sprinkle parmesan cheese to cover. Fresh diced mushrooms (optional) on top. Place about 7 inches under broiler. Takes about 15 minutes cook time. When cheese turns golden brown and bubbly check for done. Meat should flake with fork in heaviest part of fish.  ENJOY.
Works well with any orange meated fish.

Come back with some of your favorite recipe's guys.

Offline Prehnite44

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: A recipe for splake chasers
« Reply #1 on: Mar 11, 2009, 08:08 PM »
For smaller splake, I like to cut off the head and gut the fish, then fill the gut cavity with butter, sage, lemon/lime juice, and other italian seasonings (oregano, basil, whatever to taste). Depending on the size and the number of fish, bake for about 20 minutes in aluminum foil, checking about half way through and more frequently near the end to make sure they are done, yet not overcooked. Bones and skin pull away easily on the plate, and I usually eat the skin of smaller splake. The foil keeps the juices and seasonings in, so the whole fish gets saturated with flavor.

Offline natorious

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 11, 2009, 11:42 PM »
This is how slow the fishing was the other day...

I cut the top and bottom off of an empty can and then cut it down the middle, so that I was left with a flat sheet of metal (aka frying pan).  Then used my pocket knife to fillet a splake and cut it into bite size pieces.  Covered splake with crushed cheetos (only seasoning anyone had on the ice :D) and cooked on top of flat heater. ;D

Not too bad, I think sour cream and onion would be the way to go though ;D

Offline aaron21x2

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Mar 15, 2009, 06:10 PM »
If we had an award for impromptu creativity you would be the winner Natorious. Sounds like the fishing wasn't a total bust tho.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.