The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: FISHING INVITES / FIND ME ON THE ICE  (Read 107002 times)

Offline 4cator

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Will ya look at that pig!!
Re: FISHING INVITES / FIND ME ON THE ICE
« Reply #60 on: Feb 08, 2011, 05:12 PM »
James here in Laramie, not a lot of gear or money, but i got a truck a hut and a hand full of ice roads. Usually fish the plains lakes but wanna try to hit the alpine lakes one of these days, particularly Owen. Usually fish for whatever's biting, and will occasionally keep one or two to stink up a frying pan.

As others have already told you, welcome to IS, I'm sure you have already figured out what a great site this is for information, comradery and finding new places and friends to share this great love of icefishing.
regards!

laters
the Cator
All tyranny needs to succeed, is for men of good conscience to remain silent.    Thomas Jefferson.

Offline gusdoneit

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #61 on: Feb 08, 2011, 10:51 PM »
Hey guys Gus from cheyenne have some gear (everything but a hut) I'm always welling to go anywhere there is ice. I drive a red quad cab dodge so plenty of room for anyone that knows where the bite is.

Offline olefish

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #62 on: Feb 10, 2011, 10:10 PM »
I would be willing to help some new folks on Boysen, just let me know..
olefish

Offline outdoorschris

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #63 on: Feb 10, 2011, 11:03 PM »
I would be willing to help some new folks on Boysen, just let me know..

Sounds like I Need to fix my wheel bearing really bad haha

Offline allornothing

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #64 on: Feb 11, 2011, 10:57 AM »
Hey guys, down in laramie during the winter months for school, but originally from the sheridan area,  have everything to be dangerous, I mostly fish the plains lakes and crystal everynow and then but would love to fish outside the laramie area as well.

Offline lung buster

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #65 on: Feb 14, 2011, 10:54 PM »
hey guys newbie here,my name is Scott I'm usually always on the gorge on my days off usually driving silver
dodge or green Chevy big blue shanty come on over.

Offline coldweathergirl

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #66 on: Feb 21, 2011, 08:12 PM »
My friend has been bugging me to take her fishing. Whatta you guys think, the Gorge, Pathfinder, Alcova or Boysen? She's only like asked me 20 times. I told her that she'd have to drill all my holes for me if i took her out.  :cookoo:  maybe we could finally meet some of you guys!
Yes i'm a girl, and yes, i'll out fish you.

Offline 307FISHERMAN

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #67 on: Feb 21, 2011, 08:51 PM »
My friend has been bugging me to take her fishing. Whatta you guys think, the Gorge, Pathfinder, Alcova or Boysen? She's only like asked me 20 times. I told her that she'd have to drill all my holes for me if i took her out.  :cookoo:  maybe we could finally meet some of you guys!

Hey! I have this whole week off, not sure when you were planning on fishing. I'll be heading to the Gorge mostly, tomorrow open water shore fishing south of pipeline. Possibly Fremont in Pinedale the end of the week to get ready for the derby. Message me!

Offline POk3s

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Gettin' JGGY with it!
« Reply #68 on: Feb 21, 2011, 11:16 PM »

If you come to the gorge I'll make sure you get to meet that 307fisherman up there ^^^ and myself....and I've been told that's a treat.

In all seriousness for her first time out I would go to whichever lake is fishing the best. Nothing worse then wanting to go ice fishing and not catching anything. besides of course sitting at the house and not being out on the ice.
Trent Williams
When hell freezes over, I’ll ice fish there too!

Offline fishlord

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • worst day of fishing better than best day of work
« Reply #69 on: Feb 22, 2011, 08:16 AM »

Samantha,Maybe you should take her to Bass,sounds like you and the farmer did pretty good there.There hasn't been much chatter around here about alcova and pathy but both of those ,as you know are real good producers of trout.I bet you could show her a good time at either one if you get a day the wind dont blow.Have fun and stay safe
Randy

Offline southflatrat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #70 on: Feb 22, 2011, 05:40 PM »
I remember the first time I went ice fishing. I knew we weren't going to catch anything,because they weren't jumping. ;D ;D
I hope to meet you all on the ice someday.

Offline ropin1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #71 on: Feb 24, 2011, 11:28 AM »
Going to try Alcova between wrestling matches this weekend.  Anybody else going??

Offline wyreellifeguy

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #72 on: Nov 19, 2011, 01:37 PM »
hi all names justin live in riverton have 2 boys 3 and one that is  3 months so this year there will not be much winter fishing but might make it out to the wind river canyon  but will love to see pics of all your outings

Offline prospector

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #73 on: Nov 26, 2011, 03:49 PM »
Justin, welcome! Olefish has a party down your way. Maybe we will see you there.

Offline Scotty4Fingers

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #74 on: Dec 05, 2011, 12:42 PM »
I think I'm going to Keyhole this weekend. Just a friend and I and it will be our first time on the lake this year. I'm going to go check the ice on Friday and if its bad I think we will just go to Healy. If anyone is going to Keyhole or Healy this weekend pm me and we can see who catches the smallest fish!!!

Offline jasonfishn

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #75 on: Dec 05, 2011, 03:41 PM »
I was going to go to healy tomoro not sure the status on keyhole yet
I admit it I am an Ice O Holic

(Fish) it's what's for dinner

Offline TRiver_rat

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #76 on: Dec 06, 2011, 10:54 AM »
I am 25 and usually bring my 2 year old son along to Firehole at the Gorge. If everything works out as planned I will be at Firehole Friday evening chasing the burbs with the whole family. Hopefully the Buddy will heat up our Clam well enough to serve as a playpen for the kids while I do my best to hand drill holes and not to get skunked. So if anybody sees the Family Circus/For Better or Worse taking place on the ice, please offer to drill us a few holes and we will share some of our grub!

Offline woodland689

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #77 on: Dec 06, 2011, 10:51 PM »
I am Jay(35), haven't been ice fishing in at least 16 years.  My college days and ski bum days are over and its time to start doing the family friendly stuff again. Dads ice fishing gear has been in the barn for at least 15 years, so I think I am going to have to buy all new gear this year. Planning on a trip to boysen this next week (probably thursday). Back in the day we did well in the coves around trout bay. Haven't heard much about the area but I figure I will give it a try. I will be in the grey gmc. and will most likely be pulling my 2 year old in his sled checking lines.

Offline Wyofarmer

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Missin' my ol' buddy
« Reply #78 on: Dec 07, 2011, 09:14 AM »
I am Jay(35), haven't been ice fishing in at least 16 years.  My college days and ski bum days are over and its time to start doing the family friendly stuff again. Dads ice fishing gear has been in the barn for at least 15 years, so I think I am going to have to buy all new gear this year. Planning on a trip to boysen this next week (probably thursday). Back in the day we did well in the coves around trout bay. Haven't heard much about the area but I figure I will give it a try. I will be in the grey gmc. and will most likely be pulling my 2 year old in his sled checking lines.
Welcome to the Shanty woodland689!
Rest in peace Don "LT" Brewer

Offline woodland689

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #79 on: Dec 07, 2011, 12:15 PM »
I am still a nube here so I cant pm you back I guess wyofarmer. My old mans gear is the 3 stick tip ups. I think they were home made. probably depends on what they were made of. If they are pine they are probably a little on the moldy side.  The Jiffy auger is going to take some major work to get running.  It only ran half the time 16 years ago, so not very hope full on that end .

Offline gsawyer

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #80 on: Dec 07, 2011, 01:01 PM »
Gordon Sawyer age 26. Drive a purple toyota tacoma. I live in Laramie and am always looking for people to ice fish with. I will have all my ice fishing gear this weekend. I have a good auger I won in a derby and lots of ice fishing poles and gear. If anyone wants to go fishing let me know!
Can't catch em sittin in the living room!

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #81 on: Dec 07, 2011, 09:47 PM »
I am still a nube here so I cant pm you back I guess wyofarmer. My old mans gear is the 3 stick tip ups. I think they were home made. probably depends on what they were made of. If they are pine they are probably a little on the moldy side.  The Jiffy auger is going to take some major work to get running.  It only ran half the time 16 years ago, so not very hope full on that end .

The engine hopefully will be puring again with a carb rebuild.  It probably got gummed up from bad fuel
Don

Offline BoysenBrandi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #82 on: Dec 08, 2011, 07:44 PM »
Brandi 26 from Pavillion. I fish Boysen and Ocean mainly. I drive a white Dodge flatbead usually with a fourwheeler on the back.

Offline linch1970

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #83 on: Dec 09, 2011, 11:00 AM »
Hello everyone I'm a newb here would love to ice fish boysen or ocean with someone I'm 41 yrs young have 10" 3.7 h.p. auger this things a beast love perch fishing I'm from Utah if anyone wants to ice fish Utah sometime let me knowu there's some good perch and trout fishing here thanks  I also have a side by side atv that helps to stay mobile on ice

Offline rbmchief

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #84 on: Dec 09, 2011, 12:04 PM »
Headed down to boysen tommorow at 2:00, stayin the night saturday in shoshoni and fishin most of the day on sunday, gas and hotel are taken care of, PM me if anyone wants a free ride down.
I'd rather do it on the ice

Offline outdoorrobb

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #85 on: Dec 16, 2011, 11:50 AM »
Hey everyone, Robbie here, from GR, usually fishing on the Gorge, actually gunna try to land some ling this weekend, hopefully can hit the confluence, not sure how the ice is yet over there though, if anyone has any updates I would appreciate hearing about it.  Thanks, cheers

Offline reggie

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #86 on: Dec 17, 2011, 06:37 PM »
Hello my name is Reggie Rainey from glenrock love fishing for just about anything headed to boysen thinking wen for a day try to catch perch,walleye, and linge drive a blue power stroke going to tough creek any takers.

Offline bigdwyo

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #87 on: Dec 18, 2011, 01:53 AM »
headed out to hattie monday morning gonna see what ice looks like out there, Curt gowdys looking pretty good already!

Offline woodland689

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #88 on: Dec 19, 2011, 09:56 PM »
Last day home before long work week. I think I will head to ocean for the am. See how things go there. Grey gmc pick up

Offline Eye Chaser

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #89 on: Dec 22, 2011, 01:17 PM »
Nube who's decided it's time to become part of the great community here.  Although I live just south of Cheyenne (yep, a greenie) my family and heart are in Wyoming.  Planning to hit up the lakes in Gowdy over the weekend - will be in a silver Tahoe, give me a shout if you're up that way.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.