The ice fishing PA boards are sponsored by:

Author Topic: We got ice!!!!!!Whooohoooo  (Read 2213 times)

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
We got ice!!!!!!Whooohoooo
« on: Nov 25, 2005, 07:00 AM »
Most of the smaller lakes (under 100 acres) here this morning were all skimmed over and locked up!  To bad we are going to be in the 50's and 60's next week.  The lakes are right where we need them to be for the next cold snap.  This is the earliest I think I have seen the lakes iced up.   :clap: :roflmao: :thumbsup:
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline Dizzy

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: We got ice!!!!!!Whooohoooo
« Reply #1 on: Nov 25, 2005, 11:28 AM »
That is great news Icenutter! Like you, I wish it could last. Sadly though the forecast calls for 60+ degrees and rain for Tue-Wed.  :-[

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #2 on: Nov 25, 2005, 01:42 PM »
YA GOTTA GO WHEN YA CAN GO GO GO GOIN GOIN GONE :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline iceoholic

• IceShanty Rookie
  • He's Runnin
« Reply #3 on: Nov 25, 2005, 02:57 PM »
Hey icenutter,
                   What area are you talkin about?
                                                                 DON

Offline Icenutter

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Nov 25, 2005, 10:22 PM »
Central PA area.  Around Altoona.
Bring on the ice!!!!!!!  <br />      

Offline nightfisher

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #5 on: Nov 26, 2005, 03:37 PM »
I was up at my brother-inlaw's cabin above minersville for thanksgiving. the lake there was frozen over, talk about jonesin, the geese could'nt get through it when they landed, funny sight. this 60 degree weather is gonna bite.
Jim K.

Offline fastribs85

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 26, 2005, 10:50 PM »
hey upcomeing weather is gonna suck but good news for guys in the se part of the state went by the nock and noticed the part of three mile run by thursdays truck accident was ice over as far as i could see lets keep prayin

Offline sully

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #7 on: Nov 27, 2005, 06:59 AM »
Most of the smaller lakes (under 100 acres) here this morning were all skimmed over and locked up!  To bad we are going to be in the 50's and 60's next week.  The lakes are right where we need them to be for the next cold snap.  This is the earliest I think I have seen the lakes iced up.   :clap: :roflmao: :thumbsup:

Offline Wall_Hanger

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Doesn't get any better than this.
« Reply #8 on: Nov 27, 2005, 12:19 PM »
Well I did it!  Actually stepped onto the ice on a lake (North Park Lake) in PA in November.  I went right through of course but I can still say I did it!  Hope the warm spell is short lived.  Bring on the cold!

Offline 1MOFISH

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The ice is always safe are you in ???????????????
« Reply #9 on: Nov 27, 2005, 01:34 PM »
WALLHANGER I LIVE 5 MINUTES FROM NORTH PARK WENT UP TO ARTHUR DRILLED 1 HOLE A HAIR MORE THAN 1" would have fished today if it stayed booger freeezin' maybe we will'hang' together one day  i like the way you check out the thickness .        mofish :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo: :cookoo:
LOVE THE LORD YOUR GOD WITH ALL YOUR HEART AND SOUL AND STRENGTH and'LOVE THY NEiGHBOR AS THYSELF'   GOD

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #10 on: Nov 27, 2005, 06:35 PM »
HEY YALL,

The season should be just around the corner.  I stopped at a small lake that is usually one the last to freeze (because alot of vegitation) and it had a solid inch of black ice around all of the edges.  I even took a a chunk of it home to show my ice fishing buddy.  its to bad that this warm weather is gonna melt of that beautiful black ice. 

JiggerMan

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline R.V. ICEMAN

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • VEX, is sure an expensive depth finder..
« Reply #11 on: Nov 29, 2005, 03:48 PM »
65 in williamsport today, can somebody please make the rain stop???? >:( >:(
The more fish we release, is more fish we all can catch.  b/c we all like to catch.   Catch, Photo, Release!!  Such an easy concept, but so hard for others to understand!!!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.