Author Topic: Iceshanty.com  (Read 922 times)

Offline iluvcrappie

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • The real sports in life Bowhunting and Icefishing
Iceshanty.com
« on: Mar 17, 2008, 01:40 AM »
this is my first year here at the shanty and there are going to be many more to come thats for sure.....i learned a little more about fishing crappies and where to find them this time of year as well as how to fish for them when they dont want to bite......i also met a lot of interesting people that post a lot of articles that are very good to read and respond to......as well as post my own and get some interesting responses..........i am glad to have come across a place that people actually love to talk about ice fishing as a part of life instead of just a thing to do....you know?  anyway hopefully i can meet a few more people around the shanty this year and maybe next year we could get together and catch some bottle bass... ;)2 ;)2 ;)2 .................maybe you yourself would like to respond to this post and let everyone else know what being here at the shanty really means and how it has helped you out.........maybe you learned something new or maybe you threw out a few of your old secrets to try and help that one person put more food on table and more fish through the ice...........thanks for a great year and hopefully there will be many more to come!!!!!!!! :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :tipup:   good luck fishing!!!!!!!!!!  :icefish: :icefish: :icefish: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bow: :bow: :bow: :clap: :clap: :clap: :icefish:

Offline Lobes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Just Fishin'
Re: Iceshanty.com
« Reply #1 on: Mar 17, 2008, 07:30 AM »
It was really good to hear from you. The ole' Iceshatnty.com is winding down and most of the folks are going to:

http://www.myfishfinder.com/fishing_forum/index.php

It's created by the same people, for the same people (us), and it's set up for open water fishing.

You set it up the same way, can use your same name that you do here.
Hope to see you there!

:tipup:
NBG

Mecosta County / Lakeview, Michigan

Offline Dull Hooks

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Mar 17, 2008, 07:41 AM »
I basically stumbled upon this site.I was searching for something about ice fishing and this came up.I wonder what was this was about.I am glad I joined.Its definitly one of the better run sites that I visit.And I haven't looked back.

I've shared some information with some interesting people and gained some information in return.Which is what a site like this is all about.Strange as I have only met 1 member from this site and that was last week, he lives about 10 miles from me and we fish the same waters.Just get our days right.But finally ran into him and his son.

I'm not giving up the ice fishing yet still got good ice around and hopefully its lasts a little longer as the late ice bite is just a good as the early ice.

But a BIG THANKS for all the mods who do a great job and to all the members who make the site what it is.

Dull Hooks :tipup:

Offline pooley

• Team IceShantyholic
  • It's cold in here!
« Reply #3 on: Mar 17, 2008, 04:19 PM »
i too stumbled onto the shanty, and i was sober!!!!! great site! i learned i'm not the only one driving people crazy talking about icefishing, and being obsessed with it. learned some new stuff, and hopfully gave some good advice out too. i met one member last saturday,(frog11) and fished lake george. now i get to go to MFF and learn some more. and give any help i can. tight lines and cold beer!!!! oh yeah i learned how to do this.

;D
 T-7 Custom Rods   OFFICIAL B.BREAKER OF NYRC      i volunteer because your life depends on it! 343

Offline miket.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • ICE IS NICE
« Reply #4 on: Mar 17, 2008, 07:14 PM »
its truly a great site with great people to chat with and people who are willing to teach you a thing or two. we all can share our ideas and experiences. while being very addicting, it is very knowelegeableit is by far the best fishing site i have ever adventured across and i look forward to being a part of ice shanty for many years to come. my thanks goes out to all the administrators who keep and make ice shanty what it is today and every day thereafter.
hard core fanatic  Http:
http://timeanddate.com/s/1a9j

Offline DUCKDIGGLER

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Mar 18, 2008, 08:01 AM »
No doubt....a great assett to have in your arsenal!

A big thank you to LoneWolf.....kudos brother....great job!! DD ;D
"Feet Down and Bellys Up!!

Offline copperjohn

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Mar 18, 2008, 09:56 AM »
Hey Pooley,
I used to date your girl in college, when she had two eyebrows...I think she shaved the top one off.
Gravity's B**ch On Hard Water

Offline jayswimmer09

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • flag!!! dont u love that word?
« Reply #7 on: Mar 18, 2008, 10:46 AM »
the shanty turned me from a rookie ice fisherman to one of those people who always outfish the others. Thanx for all the help

Offline MnSportsman

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Striper/White Bass, 3+lbs, Put back down the hole
« Reply #8 on: Mar 18, 2008, 10:54 AM »
I give Thanks! to everyone here on Ice Shanty.com, for allowing me to learn more, help out, & make many new friends. I'll be hanging around here & the other sites. I look forward to seeing you all.
:D
   - My Best Hunting & Fishing partner..... 21,Jan.98 - 8,May.07......RIP... We'll be together again.... 

Good Luck!! &  "Watch Your Bobber!"

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.