Author Topic: Target separation...  (Read 1332 times)

Offline Trevor

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
Target separation...
« on: Dec 07, 2003, 08:50 AM »
I have a question for Fl-18 users.  I was just curious as to how much target separation you get with the zoom feature.  Now I don't care about how much Vexilar claims to get.  I would rather hear testimony from experienced users.  Yesterday I watched about a three pound walleye come to my lure while using the camera in the downview.  He was hugging bottom in fifteen feet of water and did not display on the Fl-8.  Well, I shouldn't say he didn't display, there was a subtle change in the leading edge of bottom which I have learned to interpret as bottom hugging fish.  I was just curious how this might have displayed using the zoom feature of the 18?  

Offline bud

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • never put off till tom. what you can catch today!
Re:Target separation...
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2003, 10:12 AM »
i use and eagle lcd and i used to think stupid fishfinder........we are sitting still and it shows rock piles.  what a scam.......then about 15 min later one of those rocks rose and took my lure.....lol! i had put if on the paper graph display and ir was a cool thing to watch. on this model it is like a flasher on the leading edge.
BUD

Offline bud

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • never put off till tom. what you can catch today!
« Reply #2 on: Dec 07, 2003, 10:13 AM »
i ment moving rock piles!
BUD

Offline FishDaddy09

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Dec 07, 2003, 10:53 AM »
Trev: This will depend on how hard the bottom is, with a soft bottom it's harder to tell what's bottom and whats a fish. You are on the right track watching for any variance in the bottom display.
There is nothing in the world I'd rather do than ice fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.