Author Topic: Anyone use the Shappell DX Cabin style?  (Read 1059 times)

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Anyone use the Shappell DX Cabin style?
« on: Aug 30, 2018, 06:22 AM »
Was wondering if there is anywhere to anchor these things down. I wouldn't want to not anchor it down and have a strong wind come up.
<===Lefty===

Offline RyanW

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Anyone use the Shappell DX Cabin style?
« Reply #1 on: Aug 30, 2018, 09:31 AM »
Could you use the pull rope as an anchor tie? Might have to sew in a loop in the front/back then use a cinch rope to the anchor (like the ones that come with hub style shacks). The fabric should be tough enough to withstand that.
“When the fish are biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using. When the fish aren’t biting, it really doesn’t matter what you’re using” - Uncle Dave

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Aug 30, 2018, 01:06 PM »
Several options ...add two eye bolts to the "tub" then use a carabineer to secure ...or drill a hole in tub and add a piece of nylon strapping from a ratchet strap...or some bolt on tie downs

https://www.homedepot.com/p/Husky-Light-Duty-Anchor-Points-4-Pack-54522/206967313
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #3 on: Aug 30, 2018, 05:41 PM »
Thanks guys for the ideas. If I get one I will do the eye bolt with Anchors.
<===Lefty===

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #4 on: Aug 30, 2018, 09:33 PM »
i drilled one hole in each corner and run eskimo ice anchors in opposite corners with the option to use four anchors., but two is enough.

Offline chilly-willy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #5 on: Aug 30, 2018, 11:08 PM »
The straps at link or attach a piece of rope with a strong knot then add a ice anchor to it via. A loop knot .. or do it like we use to with my dad's minute man. Get some 1/4inch x 1 inch x 12 inch steel drill hole in middle metal.. then drill hole in ice drop metal in hole pull tight.. the metal acts as a ice anchor shappell use to sell those pieces of metal in the late 80's early 90's .. for $10 but after looking at it every one just made them their selfs..

https://www.cabelas.com/product/Clam-Outdoors-Ice-Anchor-Kit/702479.uts?productVariantId=1265166&WT.tsrc=PPC&WT.mc_id=GoogleProductAds&WT.z_mc_id1=10050820&rid=20&ds_rl=1252079&gclid=CjwKCAjwq57cBRBYEiwAdpx0vYB2mvemWLr_OigZqCmhoO5yldSqaKQh8HdXWzjXDxj0jmAvbb0P7hoCI34QAvD_BwE&gclsrc=aw.ds

Offline Richi

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #6 on: Aug 31, 2018, 04:56 AM »
Thanks for the halp ;)

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #7 on: Aug 31, 2018, 07:31 AM »
Thanks for the halp ;)
thanks for joining us!

Offline Just a random icefisherma

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Sep 01, 2018, 07:27 AM »
What I do is put the back into the wind, and put the anchors in on the back left corner in the left hatch, and vice versa. It works well, I've never been pushed around in 30+ mph winds.
"I love the freedoms we got in this country, I appreciate your freedom to burn your flag if you want to, but I really appreciate my right to bear arms so I can shoot you if you try to burn mine."
-Johnny Cash

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.