Author Topic: Strike lake effect  (Read 1125 times)

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
Strike lake effect
« on: Dec 03, 2016, 07:58 PM »
i don't endorse many brands, but I just got my early Black Friday deal in the mail from gander today. My 2xl Striker Lake Effect suit. I currently have an AA suit...and this one seems to blow it away!  Quality constructed, fits awesome and feels nice. I'm 6'6" #240lb and have problems getting suits to be long enough. This one seems almost too long...but coolest thing about it...it has a design to allow you to hem it up to be shorter if wanted...built in, with snaps. It's slick.  Breathable was its selling point. Underarm vent zippers as well.  Free towel....floatations system which is just a bonus, nothing I rely on, just some peace of mind. Time will tell if it holds up, but can't see how it won't. Highly recommended from this happy camper. Now bring me some ice!!!
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline Sandcountrylivin

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: Strike lake effect
« Reply #1 on: Dec 03, 2016, 08:17 PM »
I couldn't agree more!!! I'm so glad I got in on that deal!!! I can't compare it to any ice fishing designed bibs as I have used Filson wool bibs the last few years. The design and heavy duty construction have me really excited to giv em a go. 6'2" 300 (xxl bibs) room enough to layer my upper body under bib straps. Leg cuffs are mendable with a neat Velcro feature!!

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #2 on: Dec 03, 2016, 08:38 PM »
They are pretty much the SI Hardwater with minor nuances .
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #3 on: Dec 03, 2016, 10:25 PM »
I bought the first run Lake effect pants,which had a few extras , so far no material failures , and almost to warm

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #4 on: Dec 03, 2016, 10:39 PM »
i only use my aa for back up for when i have to send my si in for repairs.

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #5 on: Dec 04, 2016, 04:07 AM »
The only problem I've had with the Lake Effect bibs was the stitching on one of the inside pockets coming apart, easy fix, other than that, it's been a great suit...extremely warm.

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #6 on: Dec 04, 2016, 04:39 AM »
The only problem I've had with the Lake Effect bibs was the stitching on one of the inside pockets coming apart, easy fix, other than that, it's been a great suit...extremely warm.
Eddie same here the pocket lining could be heavier ,

Offline 3300

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Michigan Moderator.Not affiliated with MarCum Tech
« Reply #7 on: Dec 04, 2016, 10:28 AM »
i have had repairs to their hardwater suit, the bibs leaked water in the knee. they cut them open and resewn them saying it may have been the seam sealer tape ripped on the phone and before i mailed them, but didn't give any updates when they sent them back. the suit was a week past two years old or just one week past their warranty and they did take care of it.
i don't know if it will keep doing this or not yet. i fish on my knees and sit on my feet/heels when scout fishing. it happened on my left knee only. if it keeps happening, i will have to try another brand, so i am always looking for the next best thing.

i had two striker performance hoodies (110$ each and i bought one) with the main zipper blowing out on it's own twice. they replaced the garment the first time. it is the nylon sleeves that don't pull you base layer version. they have two versions. the other version has jersey on them instead, but would be warmer.
the neck had stitches falling out of it on the second one. not sure what they did, but i had to send the garments in each time i had issues. except the first time. they just sent out out a replacement hoodie.
the zipper just opens up in the middle with no real pressure pulling on it, just hands in the pockets.

even with those issues, the hardwater suit is a better performing garment than my cold aa (330$) and my non float assist and cold ice armor suits (250$) being it's more thought out and much warmer and easier to put on and take off and much quieter. sure wish i had that money back!

the difference between this and lake effect is lake effect is for being used in high speeds and being seated on a machine and should have the exact same quality.

my wife's striker suit has had zero issues, but she doesn't go nearly as much as i do. the bib design is not the best and if i had to do it again, i would have bought her the mens hardwater bibs to keep her lower/mid back warm instead. the ladies prizim suit bibs have a drop trousers build to them for them to be able to squat.
they do run small.

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #8 on: Dec 04, 2016, 05:14 PM »

Sorry to hear of your trouble 3300  for the money we spend on our clothing and other things , we should get good service and few failures IMO
 Like I was saying the first run lake effect were a little different , mine has a zip out bib to make pants and I have magnetic closures and 1600 snake skin seat and knees , I just wish it had a zip out lining when the weather warmed up

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.