Author Topic: Clam Nanook Bent pole- help  (Read 1179 times)

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
Clam Nanook Bent pole- help
« on: Jan 30, 2016, 05:30 PM »
love my Clam Nanook flip over, but dummy me didn't anchor her today and when I got up for one second in wind, she flew and I grabbed on...pole bowed and is super hard to put down without pounding it back down with great force....any suggestions on how to reshape, where to get new one cheaper than $79 at clam store (tent supply store?)
Take the pledge, be safe, enjoy every second of life and lets go JETS!

Offline jimbowilly

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Clam nanook replacement poles- help
« Reply #1 on: Jan 31, 2016, 02:40 PM »
Measure the wall thickness and the inside and outside diameter of the bent pole.
Plenty of conduit suppliers online.
Good Luck on the ice.
Jim

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 01, 2016, 10:46 AM »
Thanks for insight...not much advice being thrown around...I guess I'm the only idiot to bend a pole.  I got it off and I think I can work at it and get the bend out somehow. 

Offline bigal409

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #3 on: Feb 01, 2016, 11:43 AM »
Measure the wall thickness and the inside and outside diameter of the bent pole.
Plenty of conduit suppliers online.
Good Luck on the ice.
Jim
The poles in question are aluminum. I doubt you'll be able to get one pc of conduit to fit into another without having huge diameter poles.

Offline hardwater diehard

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
Re: Clam Nanook Bent pole- help
« Reply #4 on: Feb 01, 2016, 11:48 AM »
Saw something on YouTube ...guy filled the round stock with sand ...heated it in the area he wanted to bend.. then bent it around some larger round stock/pipe.
Give a man a fish he eats for a day .Teach a man to ice fish he has an obsession for a lifetime

Offline Finatic607

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Feb 01, 2016, 12:38 PM »
So you got a bent pole. Take a blue pill for that :roflmao:

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 01, 2016, 01:14 PM »
 ::)Lol, I thought all I had to do was bang one out....the pole, bang out the pole...you sick puppies  :o

Offline SKAMPO

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #7 on: Feb 01, 2016, 01:40 PM »

I accidently stepped on the lower pole and put a decent bow in it. I just worked it back the other way prying against my knee until the 2 pipes slid freely. It wasn't as good as new, but it was way better than when I started.

You can also order replacement hoops from clam.

Offline slamminsam

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Feb 02, 2016, 07:44 AM »
Thanks for help,but  I got it fixed....press machine at work :)

Offline Royalwapiti

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #9 on: Feb 03, 2016, 09:24 PM »
love my Clam Nanook flip over, but dummy me didn't anchor her today and when I got up for one second in wind, she flew and I grabbed on...pole bowed and is super hard to put down without pounding it back down with great force....any suggestions on how to reshape, where to get new one cheaper than $79 at clam store (tent supply store?)

Question for you.     When I put my nanook together (this week).  I left the pole bolts flush with the nuts in the corner bracket poles. Per the instructions.   The corner brackets that have some play in them, a couple have 2 inches of movement upward in the slots.  With the bolts the way I have them I can move the poles the 2 inches or so up in the corner bracket slots, this tightens up the fabric.    Did I do something wrong.   The way mine is the fabric sags, it should be tight.   Can I raise the poles in the corner bracket slots and tighten the bolts, will the poles still move and fold back?
You can't get the fruit if you don't go out on the limb.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.