Author Topic: Question on State huts at Birch and Quartz  (Read 659 times)

Offline upnorth12345

• IceShanty Rookie
Question on State huts at Birch and Quartz
« on: Dec 14, 2010, 12:12 AM »
I'm trying to remember from last year the layout of the State huts.  I have a camera this year that works great but I'm not sure if I can set it  up on the State huts as there are only holes in the corners.  8' is too far away to see.

Has anyone used their cameras in the huts and if so how do you place it?

Thanks!

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
Re: Question on State huts at Birch and Quartz
« Reply #1 on: Dec 14, 2010, 02:35 PM »
You could drill a hole outside in the corner and run your unit close to the holes...  Seems to me that the holes are in the corners. ;)
TEAM ALASKA

Offline Fishin Fireman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Life's Tougher and Funner in Alaska;
« Reply #2 on: Dec 15, 2010, 10:27 PM »
Got one of the tripods? They work pretty good and you can still fish from the hole. If you put it outside then you chance the hole freezing over and then having to chip which = possible damaged cord. If the water is clear and you are not fishing below 8 or 10 ft then you should have a good view of the holes. You can always move it around to different holes in whatever direction you see the fishing swimming in.

Offline upnorth12345

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 17, 2010, 01:36 AM »
Thanks for the ideas.  I do have one of the remote operated panners for the cam if that's what you mean by a tripod. 

When I had the pop-up out a couple weeks ago I lost a big-un when it wrapped around the camera cable in a hole 3' away.  Not sure how it would work in the same hole as I'm fishing.

I'm going out Saturday so I'll play with it and try your ideas.  I'll be taking plenty of firewood also. ;)

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.