Author Topic: State huts on Birch and Quartz?  (Read 750 times)

Offline upnorth12345

• IceShanty Rookie
State huts on Birch and Quartz?
« on: Nov 21, 2010, 08:19 PM »
I may be doing something wrong but every State hut on Birch and Quartz show as reserved until Christmas day.  Am I missing something?

Any input on ice depth on Birch or Quartz?  Is it driveable yet?  If I'm hauling my own hut it would sure be nicer than dragging on foot.

Thanks!

Mark

Offline Barleydog

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • MMMM Fish!
Re: State huts on Birch and Quartz?
« Reply #1 on: Nov 21, 2010, 09:44 PM »
I don't think they are putting them out yet... I see they have them locked up til' then. I would imagine they won't become available for reservations UNTIL they put them out, (reservation system would be fouled if it turned warm and folks had reservations etc...) Call (907) 269-8400 for more information.
TEAM ALASKA

Offline alaskarental

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Nov 22, 2010, 07:39 PM »
That is right they are not on the ice yet. And just when its starting to get cold it warms back up lol. I have heard there is good ice out there though. Some people are driving on it but I dont think I would quite yet. My friend went out not last weekend but the one before and did pretty good I heard. PM me if you want a portable ice shelter.

Offline upnorth12345

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Nov 22, 2010, 11:54 PM »
Thanks all.

I have a new Clam shelter but i thought renting a hut would allow me to concentrate morer on my new flasher and camera.  I think I'll just take the Clam and try it all out at the same time.

I'm shooting for Sunday.  I hope.

Mark

Offline travisj88

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Nov 24, 2010, 02:59 AM »
I was out at Quartz on 11-16 and someone had already put their icehouse out.  So far this year I have gone out to Quartz on 11-8 and 11-16.  I caught 6 fish between 11" and 14" the first trip and 9 fish in the same range the second trip.  There was no way I was going travel on these roads this week.  It wasn't worth the risk to catch a few fish.  We still have a long season to go. 
Good luck,
Travis

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.