Author Topic: black powder opener tomorrow who's ready ?  (Read 10919 times)

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • fulfilling dreams in good company
black powder opener tomorrow who's ready ?
« on: Oct 31, 2008, 06:13 PM »
all sighted in,did my scouting ,hung my stands all thats left is to park my butt in it until i'm completly frozen to the point where all feeling is lost in my fingers and the shivering is so out of control that i couldn't make a good steady shot if my life depended on it and then it will happen .....
                                                    here bucky bucky bucky :laugh: :laugh:
                                                                          good luck to all who are partaking

Offline Jiffy Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: black powder opener tomorrow who's ready ?
« Reply #1 on: Oct 31, 2008, 07:37 PM »
I'll be out. Knurren is going to join me and my buddies for a little unit M havoc.

Good luck to those that venture out...Tim

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Oct 31, 2008, 07:41 PM »
yup good luck all. i will be in M myself

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Oct 31, 2008, 08:15 PM »
I got my stuff laid out and will be meeting up with Jiffyman early in the AM.  I'm very excited... I'll be going to bed soon to try to sleep.  There is something about cold early fall morning driving to the woods with a dunkins coffee in the cup holder... I can't describe it.

Offline NH Trout Fisherman

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Oct 31, 2008, 09:59 PM »
I got my stuff laid out and will be meeting up with Jiffyman early in the AM.  I'm very excited... I'll be going to bed soon to try to sleep.  There is something about cold early fall morning driving to the woods with a dunkins coffee in the cup holder... I can't describe it.

Hey you posted somethin' to that effect before on the FF :laugh:  I know the feelin' :D.....  I'll be going on a well deserved fishin trip in the AM. (Been workin' on a home impr. project down at the In-laws the past couple weeks  ::) )

Tim/John Good Luck/ Good Times tomorrow, Keep in touch to see how ya did? ;)

Offline FelixD

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • R.I.P. Janurary 16, 2015
« Reply #5 on: Oct 31, 2008, 10:23 PM »
Still bow season here in Indiana but I got the smokepole sited in and im ready to go!!!!!  ;D
Politicians and diapers need to be changed for the same reason

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Nov 01, 2008, 03:05 AM »
IT'S TOMORROW.  RISE AND SHINE!!!

Offline Jiffy Man

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Nov 01, 2008, 03:56 AM »

(Image removed from quote.)

lol...WHAT'S YOUR MAJOR MALFUNCTION?!!

Offline loomis 1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Nov 01, 2008, 05:23 AM »

Are you a @#$*ing comedian private joker

Offline loomis 1

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Nov 01, 2008, 05:26 AM »

awesome movie

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #10 on: Nov 01, 2008, 06:28 AM »
I'm sitting in my tree right now! Wi-Fi!

That is a complete fabrication of the truth. I am at work right now, not in a tree. Booooooo! I am sad.

Offline jibbs

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • C:\Documents and Settings\jgirard\My Documents\My
« Reply #11 on: Nov 01, 2008, 06:32 AM »

is that you john wayne?........is it me?.........let me see your war face.......
when chuck norris played golf for money, chuck marked down a hole in zero every time, the golf pro said, "chuck: you can't score zero on a hole." Chuck norris turned towards the man and said, "I'm chuck norris, the man proceeded to pour gas over his body and set himself on fire because that would be less painful than getting roundhouse kicked by chuck norris....chuck norris roundhouse kicked him in the face anyways

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Nov 01, 2008, 08:28 AM »
well, I slept in this morning!  I am going grocery shopping and then to wal mart. good luck guys!

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #13 on: Nov 01, 2008, 08:47 AM »
I was in Rileys in Hooksett last week picking up some .44 rounds. I had a Thompson Center Encore Muzzleloader in my hand. It was sweeeeeeet. All camo'd out, stainless, with a nice Nikon on top. It was $600 used. I've had 2 weddings and 2 bachelor parties to attend to this hunting season.  I walked.......I was bummed too. That thing was calling my name!  It took me the better part of an hour to talk myself out of that purchase. 

I'm gonna put a bit more effort into taking a deer with the .44 this year.

I don't have much time to spare for Muzzleloader season. Too crazy right now. I thought it was a common courtesy NOT to get married during hunting season! Man o man.

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #14 on: Nov 01, 2008, 09:20 AM »
Just wondering what this has to do with ice fishing?
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #15 on: Nov 01, 2008, 09:21 AM »
Ahhhh. I use deer meat for bait when icefishing.

Offline nhtroutfreak

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Newfound Lake, NH
« Reply #16 on: Nov 01, 2008, 09:49 AM »
Ahhhh.  Yes.  I forgot.  Don't we usually eat it too while ice fishing?
"Hell, if I'd jumped on all the dames I'm supposed to have jumped on, I'd have had no time to go fishing."
Clark Gable

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #17 on: Nov 01, 2008, 09:52 AM »
 ;D ;D

Offline bassranger

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18 on: Nov 01, 2008, 10:15 AM »
I thought it was a common courtesy NOT to get married during hunting season! Man o man.
When I got married my wife had originally set the date for sept 15th. I got to thinking why does that date sound so familiar. I told her if she wanted any of my friends, family or me for that matter to show up she might want to think about moving the date up a week. She said "why whats wrong with the 15th". Well that's opening day of Bow season. She says "you got to be kidding me". We got married on the 8th.
If I'm not fishing then I'm not happy

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #19 on: Nov 01, 2008, 10:19 AM »
Now that's what I call a compromise!

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #20 on: Nov 01, 2008, 12:54 PM »
I have to work on opening season for muskets which sucks. I just got off the phone with my buddy. We're heading up to Maine on Tuesday for a 2 day deer hunt! His father owns 144 acres on the Saco river. They have a bunch of stands already hung and everything. Reports have been good. They've scouted out at least 5 shooter bucks on property! I'm stoked!

It just goes to show the old addadge is true. "When life hands you lemons, make Blueberry cobbler!".

I'm gonna throw a trap in the truck, juuuuuust in case. [wishful thinking]

Offline onehook

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Shack Trout
« Reply #21 on: Nov 02, 2008, 02:58 PM »
so did you guys get anything? my buddy shot a little 83 pound button buck and nothin for me so far.

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #22 on: Nov 02, 2008, 06:42 PM »
pops smoked a doe and was done by 9am yesterday.  There is a pic of the deer on MFF.

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Nov 02, 2008, 07:00 PM »
well as for me.. slow morning,more scouting midday and had two come in in the after noon got off what i thought was a good shot..that lead me on an hour of tracking to befollowed up with another 5 and a half this morning and when all was said and done i left dragging my butt !! i'm bummed....can't beleive the strength of these animals its truly amazing!!!!!!!!! ???

Offline Fishback

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • I-I-I-I-I-I-I-CE!!!!
« Reply #24 on: Nov 03, 2008, 06:53 AM »
I spent some time yesterday getting my gear ready. I'm leaving tomorrow morning (after I vote) for Maine. My bags are packed. My gear is ready. Now for the sleepless night before! 

I got the skinny yesterday. There are 4 of us going out on 144 acre parcel of land, half of which is open to the public and half posted.  One of the property's border is the Saco River. There are a good mix of swamps, forrest and fields. They've got 6 stands hung and trail cameras have captured 4 large bucks.

2 1/2 days of hunting ahead of me! Hopefully we'll be eating venison in the bobhouse this winter.

Offline james

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Nov 03, 2008, 08:45 AM »
zone L & M coyote crap everywhere,and very little deer sign to be found.  the coyote is here in a big way  :o

Offline knurren

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #26 on: Nov 03, 2008, 09:23 AM »
It's slow.  This year will require putting some time in, which I don't mind.  It is what it is.  I'll be out again Thrusday in M, probably. 

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #27 on: Nov 03, 2008, 04:07 PM »
It's slow.  This year will require putting some time in, which I don't mind.  It is what it is.  I'll be out again Thrusday in M, probably. 
          i don't think its slow i beleive the numbers may be down a little but i think they just havn't been busted out of the groups or moved around enough yet.. put in the time and you'll see them.. good luck boys !!!!!

Offline duck doctor

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #28 on: Nov 03, 2008, 07:57 PM »
If I had to put money on what day the peak of the rut would be, it would be today. I just came home from work and saw quite a few bucks with does. I have not seen a single deer in a few weeks. Last year when I saw a bunch of bucks in one night on the roads, I found the most buck sign within the week.

Offline thefinlessbrown2

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Nov 03, 2008, 08:09 PM »
If I had to put money on what day the peak of the rut would be, it would be today. I just came home from work and saw quite a few bucks with does. I have not seen a single deer in a few weeks. Last year when I saw a bunch of bucks in one night on the roads, I found the most buck sign within the week.
           i don't think your far off the mark but i do think its a little early yet... all the sign i've seen in the last few days is primarely immiture scrapes and  rubs.. ;) i don't think the does are in estreus quite yet but i'll bet in the next week the big boys will start getting stupid !!! also remember i'm in southern N.H. so you may be right on the money up in the north !!!!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.