The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: ### - OFFICIAL New to the Wyoming Forum THREAD - Introduce yourself! ###  (Read 20133 times)

Offline LongPoleKole

• IceShanty Rookie
Howdy folks!  Just wanted to introduce myself, Ive lurked for a while on here and figured I might as well join in the fun!  Ive been in Wyoming almost 3 years now, moved from Georgia, so ice fishing was something very new to me.  Anyways, met a friend who was glad to take me along my first winter here and I've been hooked ever since!  I've been into fishing my entire life and recently got into fly fishing and fly tying as well.  Here lately I've been tying up some buck tail and marabou jigs I hope to try out on the ice pretty soon.  Looks like I may be headed for the first ice outing of the year this weekend, so I'll be sure to post up a report when I get back.  I live in SE Wyoming and have mainly fished the Laramie plains lakes and a few in the Laramie Range.  I appreciate all the great advice yall have posted here in the past, its helped me out quite a bit!
Rippin' lip since '88

Offline coldoutside

• Team IceShanty Regular
hello  welcome  good site  good ice fishing in this end of state  do you like cold weather?

Offline appleye

• Iceshanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Welcome to the forum
In the memory of "Team Lighting" Fish ON!
No one ever says,"Man that fish tastes small.
Thank you Lord for thinkin bout me. I'm alive and doin fine!!!!!!

Offline LongPoleKole

• IceShanty Rookie
hello  welcome  good site  good ice fishing in this end of state  do you like cold weather?

Yea the cold weather is not a problem for me!  I actually like the climate out here much better than back in Ga.  Its nice to actually have 4 seasons!
Rippin' lip since '88

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Yea the cold weather is not a problem for me!  I actually like the climate out here much better than back in Ga.  Its nice to actually have 4 seasons!

Thought wyoming had 2 seasons?  Summer and winter.
Don

Offline rbmchief

• Team IceShanty Addict
I thought it was winter and construction ;D
I'd rather do it on the ice

Offline cheytuckyangler

• IceShanty Rookie
Hey folks I'll piggy back kole there and intro myself too. I'm new to the site but have read some good stuff.  Also fairly new to se Wyoming (originally sw wy)

Offline glassassin

• IceShanty Rookie
Also new to site. Also been lurking for awhile. Excited to have full site access. Hope to contribute. If I ever get on some ice up here in the NE corner. Maybe Saturday

Offline Fishboy

• Team IceShanty Regular
Welcome everyone. Glad to have you here. Look forward to getting to know you all and maybe doing some fishing.
A group of ice fishermen is a chatter or chill, although the term loony is often used, particularly by wives of ice fishermen.

~ Patrick F. McManus in The Grasshopper Trap

Offline lippy

• Team IceShanty Addict
welcome to the site boys. it's been loads of fun for me and have leaned a lot and got some great ideas from here. we got a little ice over here on the sw side of the state.

Offline muskyon46

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Wishin I was Fishin><{}:>
Welcome to the shanty longpolekole
     Wyoming & Idaho    

Offline gray goose

• Team IceShanty Regular
welcome and i thought it was 9 month of winter and 3 months of bad weather

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Just a friendly reminder that all new members will need to have three posts before you can access the reports and conditions board, that is where most of the ice thickness and fishing reports are told now a days.  Welcome to all the new members.

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Welcome to the Shanty LongPoleKole!  :tipup:

Offline reelrusty

• Team IceShanty Regular
Welcome to the  forum longpole and cheytucky! I can't speak for others but it helps me to see a town in the location site so I know what opportunities ya got nearby. Stay safe out there and have fun!!

Offline JBT

• IceShanty Rookie
Welcome to the new guys! I thought the seasons were winter and the 4th of July. However the fourth can be iffy.

Offline NeFiShNeTiMe

• Team IceShanty Regular
Welcome to the shanty all. I am also south east wyo so if ya are in need of a fishing partner shoot me a message and lets get on the hard water.
Ezyjiggin101

Offline 218Icefisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
Hello, just wanted to introduce myself! I moved to Wyoming about 4 years ago from northern Minnesota where I was an avid ice fisherman. I really didn't take advantage of the ice fishing Wyoming has to offer until last year, hitting mainly Seminoe with decent success. This year I'd really like to expand my range and truly delve into the ice fishing culture here in Wyoming and travel to different lakes across the state. I'm looking forward to being a member of this community and constantly learning about the ice fishing opportunities with the like minded individuals on this site. Thanks!

Offline fish/hunt4ever

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Welcome aboard.

Offline sickchopperaltitude

• IceShanty Rookie
Welcome.  I have a ton of relatives in northern Minnesota.  I miss the fishing out there.

Offline Fez

• IceShanty Rookie
Lots of newbies coming out.  Guess I will join them.   Moved to southwest Wyoming about a year ago.   Looking forward to the season.   Won't be long now. 

Offline 218Icefisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
You and I both! It's hard to beat up there.

Offline Super-ice-bird

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • That's a fifth next to that brown!
Welcome to the shanty!
Come on fish!

Offline Fez

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks

For Those that fish sulpher creek.  I'm thinking by next weekend it will be good to go.   I did a drive by this morning.  It was pretty much capped   I didn't go down and measure the ice but it didn't appear very thick so far

• IceShanty Rookie
What were you hitting  through the ice over at seminoe 218?  I frequent the lake with dirtbikes and atvs in summer but don't fish it.  Wanting to make a long weekend on the ice sometime in january over there.

Offline 218Icefisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
What were you hitting  through the ice over at seminoe 218?  I frequent the lake with dirtbikes and atvs in summer but don't fish it.  Wanting to make a long weekend on the ice sometime in january over there.

Sickchopper, We did pretty well last year with jigging raps and swedish pimples in shallow water, anywhere from 6-10 ft for rainbows. No huge ones but some of decent size. I've only ice fished the west side, near the banshee chute and boat club.

• IceShanty Rookie
I've heard the walleyes will bight right at dusk(through the ice), right where you are talking about 218.  Gonna give it a whirl, got a flasher this year see if I can make heads or tails or em down there.

Offline cheytuckyangler

• IceShanty Rookie
Welcome to the forum 218.

Offline curtis k

• IceShanty Rookie
WELCOME TO THE FORM. YOU GET INFO

Offline 218Icefisherman

• IceShanty Rookie
Thanks for the welcomes everybody. Sick hopper you'll have to let me know how you do or when you're coming up, I wouldn't mind pulling a few eyes up. I fish them over by the medicine now during the summer but haven't really taken a serious stab at em there through the ice.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.