• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Smelt
« Reply #2 on: Feb 20, 2019, 10:15 PM »
Bugs and bullets

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #3 on: Feb 21, 2019, 09:55 AM »
I have found the absolute best place to buy great big smelt is the Bi-marts along the Columbia River(The Dalles etc.) when I have to travel over to WA and OR. They always have lots of them for the sturgeon anglers and they are the great big ones not the little things we find at bait shops over here. If you have friends going that way at any point ask them to take a small cooler and stock up on them on their way home.

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Feb 21, 2019, 10:07 AM »
Oceans beauty in Helena has really good large smelt, but you have to buy a 20lb case.

Offline PerchPounderMT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #5 on: Feb 21, 2019, 10:16 AM »
Kimberly on the Montana Ice fishing FB page sells fire dyed smelt from time to time.   :tipup:
Dont ask

Offline Cornbread

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 21, 2019, 10:46 AM »
Oceans beauty in Helena has really good large smelt, but you have to buy a 20lb case.

We used to have a commodity sea food importer in T-Falls but the guy retired. Do you know how I would get a price list from Ocean's Beauty? It would be nice to be able to get a good price on quantities of sea fish again in bulk for smoking and freezing. You can PM me the answer if you want so we don't side track the thread. If the prices are right it would make the drive to go pick it up worthwhile.

Offline PerchPounderMT

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #7 on: Feb 21, 2019, 12:18 PM »
Dont ask

Offline lundin-loading

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #8 on: Feb 21, 2019, 02:59 PM »
We used to have a commodity sea food importer in T-Falls but the guy retired. Do you know how I would get a price list from Ocean's Beauty? It would be nice to be able to get a good price on quantities of sea fish again in bulk for smoking and freezing. You can PM me the answer if you want so we don't side track the thread. If the prices are right it would make the drive to go pick it up worthwhile.

Honestly Andy, I have no clue. I've only randomly popped in and picked up a case of smelt. There may be a contact number on their website that could provide you with some more of that info your seeking.

Offline Gondolarides

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Feb 21, 2019, 03:59 PM »
Albertsons

Offline pryorcreekbaitcompany

• Iceshanty Sponsor
  • IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #10 on: Jan 08, 2020, 10:17 PM »
Pryor creek bait company in Laurel sells frozen herring and can ship via ups anywhere in Montana. $10 per pack or wholesale price of $7.50 per pack for anyone buying 30 packs or more. Have 4 different sizes currently.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.