New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1024736 times)

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #4560 on: Feb 18, 2020, 05:41 AM »
any day you have fun is a great day  ;D

Offline PerchEyes

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • The "eyes" have it!
« Reply #4561 on: Feb 18, 2020, 06:32 AM »
Anyone lose something at Williams today? Cody asked me to have you call him. He has it. 315 993 3365. Thanks

Ling,
Did someone claim the item? I ask because I chatted with a guy off of Chapmans on Sunday that said he did lose something at Williams on Saturday.
I didn't get his handle. I thought he said he was going to post on this thread which I said would be wise.
I hope he see this.
Cody, you make us fellow OLD's proud.

Thanks,
PerchEyes
The tug is the drug.

Offline Zeker259

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4562 on: Feb 18, 2020, 06:48 AM »
Ling,
Did someone claim the item? I ask because I chatted with a guy off of Chapmans on Sunday that said he did lose something at Williams on Saturday.
I didn't get his handle. I thought he said he was going to post on this thread which I said would be wise.
I hope he see this.
Cody, you make us fellow OLD's proud.

Thanks,
PerchEyes

I matched up Ling's post with a post on FB from the day before and the equipment is back with the owner yesterday. Ling said that Cody (16 yrs old) is a great kid in the neighborhood and tries to help everyone. He's just not on the internet.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

:tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :icefish:
Fishy, Fishy down the hole. Please come here and bend my pole. I jig and jig you take my hook and then I take you home to cook.

Offline badbrad2186

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4563 on: Feb 18, 2020, 06:53 AM »
I matched up Ling's post with a post on FB from the day before and the equipment is back with the owner yesterday. Ling said that Cody (16 yrs old) is a great kid in the neighborhood and tries to help everyone. He's just not on the internet.  :clap: :clap: :clap: :thumbsup:

:tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :icefish:

A 16 year old not on the internet damn that's a good kid. Glad to see he did right thing and returned whatever was lost to rightful owner
If you sit around all day and do nothing your a bum, but if you sit in a boat all day or in a shanty and do nothing they call you a fisherman

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #4564 on: Feb 18, 2020, 07:11 AM »
whats a internet????

Offline LingFling

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4565 on: Feb 18, 2020, 07:16 AM »

A 16 year old not on the internet damn that's a good kid. Glad to see he did right thing and returned whatever was lost to rightful owner

Cody returned it and received a nice reward. He was happy. He’s old school- comes by after snow storms to help shovel, asks if we want the lawn mowed, offers to help out all the time. Great kid to have in the neighborhood. Need more like him.
Get Out And Enjoy!

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #4566 on: Feb 18, 2020, 07:26 AM »
looks pretty ugly out there right now but I bet the fish are on fire......10 yrs ago I would have been out there :'(

Offline bigbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4567 on: Feb 18, 2020, 08:54 AM »
Off of the south shore yesterday with 3 friends. Caught 3 good perch and lost a pretty good eye at the whole. Cut my line clean with his teeth. One of those days... dropped my new cell phone down a hole when a perch hit while I was looking at Navionics app. Bummer. One of our group did nicely on the perch. A couple of waves came by and he capitalized on them. Fished until 5:30. Found the same thing with plenty of marks from 4 to 5:30 but they would sniff and then drop back to bottom. Comfortable drag and temps to fish in.

Offline Yotecatcher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4568 on: Feb 18, 2020, 10:11 AM »
Seen these two Eagles yday morning

I live back in the woods you see

Offline MadPerry

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4569 on: Feb 18, 2020, 11:05 AM »
I went out of Williams this morning, about 530, and walked right into a hole over 20 feet of water.  Just looked like snow and in I went.  Was about 2/3 out from the beach, in a direct line to the islands east point.  It was dark and no one around.  I walked well past the only other person out that early.  Far enough they never heard my yells for help.  I had my ice picks but could not pull myself out on the 1st attempt.  Said to myself I was not going to die there and scratched, kicked and rolled out.  THOSE ICE PICKS SAVED MY LIFE.  Make sure you where them!!!  My approach to ice fishing will completely change now.  Dont be like me and get complacent.  That 1.5 mile walk back was cold and terrifying.  If I had gone in again, I likely wouldnt have had the strength to get out.  Be safe.

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4570 on: Feb 18, 2020, 11:16 AM »
Glad you made it out okay. Scary stuff especially in the dark

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #4571 on: Feb 18, 2020, 11:19 AM »
Holy cow! Glad you're ok.

Offline Jackperch72

• IceShanty Rookie
Bait shop
« Reply #4572 on: Feb 18, 2020, 11:26 AM »
Hey guys plan on heading out to Chapman park tomorrow on Oneida looking for a place to grab some minnows any info would be appreciated.
A woman who has never seen her husband fishing,

doesn’t know what a patient man she married !

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4573 on: Feb 18, 2020, 11:33 AM »
Damn man that’s scary stuff! Thank god you got out! Glad your ok
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4574 on: Feb 18, 2020, 11:39 AM »
OMG...how scary   :o glad you were able to get back on top !!

Offline 2muchleft

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4575 on: Feb 18, 2020, 11:48 AM »
Glad to hear you got out OK.  Smart to be wearing ice picks.  I'll never be without em.

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4576 on: Feb 18, 2020, 11:49 AM »
sounds like a gas pocket good to hear you made it out....fished till noon weather shut them down  most would not hit came in 20perch 1 eye

Offline Tbell112

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4577 on: Feb 18, 2020, 11:58 AM »
looks pretty ugly out there right now but I bet the fish are on fire......10 yrs ago I would have been out there :'(
10 years ago you’d be working 🤪

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4578 on: Feb 18, 2020, 11:59 AM »
WOW MP. I am glad you got out!!!

That is scary stuff. Definitely sounds like a gashole.

Offline Tbell112

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4579 on: Feb 18, 2020, 12:03 PM »
Glad you are okay and safe. I couldn’t imagine going in like that. Probably would never step foot on ice again.

Offline fishinjohn

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • What doesnt kill a man makes him stronger
Re: Bait shop
« Reply #4580 on: Feb 18, 2020, 12:09 PM »
Hey guys plan on heading out to Chapman park tomorrow on Oneida looking for a place to grab some minnows any info would be appreciated.
There is a a real nice bait shop by Lewis point

Offline crzyeyevan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4581 on: Feb 18, 2020, 01:35 PM »
Mustang suit, Striker,  some sort of flotation and picks when venturing out alone, well worth the money, piece of mind and a fighting chance if you go in.
So happy you made it out ok, no time to lose another brother to crappy ice!!!

Offline grubdropper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4582 on: Feb 18, 2020, 01:49 PM »
I went out of Williams this morning, about 530, and walked right into a hole over 20 feet of water.  Just looked like snow and in I went.  Was about 2/3 out from the beach, in a direct line to the islands east point.  It was dark and no one around.  I walked well past the only other person out that early.  Far enough they never heard my yells for help.  I had my ice picks but could not pull myself out on the 1st attempt.  Said to myself I was not going to die there and scratched, kicked and rolled out.  THOSE ICE PICKS SAVED MY LIFE.  Make sure you where them!!!  My approach to ice fishing will completely change now.  Dont be like me and get complacent.  That 1.5 mile walk back was cold and terrifying.  If I had gone in again, I likely wouldnt have had the strength to get out.  Be safe.

Thankfully you made it out safe.  Were you out past the island on the east side?   Herd there was a gas hole in that area but I never went out that far.   

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4583 on: Feb 18, 2020, 01:51 PM »
Glad you were able to get out. I bet it wasn't a good feeling, good thing you kept your cool...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Otto

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Hunt the Best, Hunt a Brittany! RIP Otto
Re: Bait shop
« Reply #4584 on: Feb 18, 2020, 02:05 PM »

Cookies on Minoa Road is nearby and he is generous with his scoops and counts.

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #4585 on: Feb 18, 2020, 02:08 PM »
a guy on facebook posted a pic and coords of a gas hole out of Williams this past weekend.....would assume that was the culprit......glad you made it out safely

Offline gunner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4586 on: Feb 18, 2020, 02:12 PM »
Madperry—- as others stated—so glad you made it out! Your post is very important and timely.  I didn’t carry pics until about 5 years ago—thought I was still in my 20s— ice or lack there of doesn’t care about age!!! Gunner

Offline ActiveTrapChecker

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4587 on: Feb 18, 2020, 02:13 PM »
a guy on facebook posted a pic and coords of a gas hole out of Williams this past weekend.....would assume that was the culprit......glad you made it out safely

Is it posted on here?

https://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=278992.0

Offline gunner

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4588 on: Feb 18, 2020, 02:15 PM »
Picks——would help if I proof read my posts—-either way stay safe!  Gunner

Offline XC 600

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4589 on: Feb 18, 2020, 02:53 PM »
Glad you got yourself out, way to keep your head.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.