Author Topic: @ The Cabin 2020/2021 Edition  (Read 185769 times)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
Re: @ The Cabin 2019/2020 Edition
« Reply #900 on: Aug 10, 2019, 09:32 PM »
Dave thanks for the reply. Got to mix a little fun/pleasure into all the cabin work.
 Steve

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #901 on: Aug 11, 2019, 03:34 AM »

Dave, everything is looking good. :thumbsup: Do you have a list of things you want to do each day or do you look around and say Oh I'll
             do this today? ???

IW

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #902 on: Aug 11, 2019, 09:39 AM »

Dave, everything is looking good. :thumbsup: Do you have a list of things you want to do each day or do you look around and say Oh I'll
             do this today? ???

IW

It's all weather dependent. Today is nice outside so will be working on outside stuff. Until the outside stuff is done the inside stuff gets done on crappy weather days.

Right now I need to get the back wall caulked and then disassemble the scaffolding. Part of the scaffolding will go inside so I can install the chimney and part will stay outside to finish the gable end on the West end of the porch roof.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #903 on: Aug 11, 2019, 06:11 PM »
I didn't think it was possible but today I found a chore worse than painting!!!

Caulking sucks big time!!!!
What a horrible job!!! 😡😡😡

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #904 on: Aug 11, 2019, 06:31 PM »
Lol i know when i was doing drywall for a living,i didnt mind the drywall but insulating the walls before hanging the drywall was horrible.pink paper backed insulation was alright but the green stuff that fell apart and fibers sticking in the skin sucked.

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #905 on: Aug 11, 2019, 07:35 PM »
Dave got plans for the scaffolding after its completed mission ?
Bud

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #906 on: Aug 11, 2019, 10:45 PM »
Gonna do the siding on my place in town. Then gonna keep it around for doing maintenance on the cedar.

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #907 on: Aug 12, 2019, 08:27 PM »
ARRRGGGGH!!!!!
Went into town to resupply today and as soon as I got there the fiber link to the South went down and so there was no Internet, banking, debit or credit card purchasing and long distance calls were down.

This is the second time in 5 weeks this has happened. Both times it was vandalism!!! Some stupid moron getting his kicks pissing hard working people off.

Took a few extra hours to get things done. As I put the boat in the water a thunder storm started to move in quickly. I full throttled it all the way to the cabin and not 30 seconds after I got the second load up the hill to the cabin the skies opened up. Got all the stuff rain could damage up but man was I whipped!!!

57 is too old to be running up mountains with a load of supplies.  :afro:

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #908 on: Aug 12, 2019, 08:56 PM »
I hope they catch the Richard Cranium that's doing this and drop him off naked in grizzly territory!!  :%$#!: Glad you got most of your supplies up to the cabin!!! Whew!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #909 on: Aug 12, 2019, 09:11 PM »
forgot to mention that as I was loading up the second load to haul up the hill you could hear the rain falling while it was still over a mile away!!!!

I would rather tie the guy up to a tree naked and let the bugs take care of him. A much slower death than grizzly predation. ;)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #910 on: Aug 12, 2019, 09:40 PM »
Dave may the catch the vandal soon in today's technology dependent society major problems occur when service is interrupted .  We need some type of back up system so our everyday lives can go on when there are problems .
  Steve

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #911 on: Aug 13, 2019, 09:47 AM »
forgot to mention that as I was loading up the second load to haul up the hill you could hear the rain falling while it was still over a mile away!!!!

I would rather tie the guy up to a tree naked and let the bugs take care of him. A much slower death than grizzly predation. ;)

Spread a little honey on certain areas for good measure!!!  :woot: :thumbsup: :clap: :flex: :whistle: :roflmao:
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #912 on: Aug 13, 2019, 09:41 PM »
Got some of the caulking on the West side of the cabin.
Also started taking the scaffolding down.
Finally got the SAT dishes aimed so I have tee vee now.  :)

I got some more plumbing mocked up and worked on my pellet cart that will live in the closet under the stairs.
Here's a couple of pics. There's 440#'s of pellets in it. Should be enough for 11 days before needing to refill.

Had the drone up and took a few shots.

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #913 on: Aug 14, 2019, 04:40 AM »

Looking down on your cabin is awesome, Dave you are coming along nicely keep up the good work. :thumbsup: :clap: :bow:
              How much longer is your vacation to work on the cabin? ???

IW

Offline GOTICE?

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #914 on: Aug 14, 2019, 05:21 AM »
Wow, that is a hike from the boat to the cabin. I'm sure that would wear anyone out carring materials up that incline. Cabin is looking great Drifter. As others had stated this post is a big reason I come to iceshanty during the summer.

Offline iceman260

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #915 on: Aug 14, 2019, 06:18 AM »
Nice shots of the cabin from the drone. Looks like a nice piece of heaven on earth.
If fishing is a sport are we considered athletes?

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #916 on: Aug 14, 2019, 07:48 AM »
Awesome Dave..   :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline bowski76

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #917 on: Aug 14, 2019, 07:53 AM »
Great pics and I agree it looks like a hike from the dock to the cabin.
You need a ski lift!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #918 on: Aug 14, 2019, 09:24 AM »
Yeah, it gets me in shape for sure.
It's 200' from the lake with about 100' of elevation gain.

Vacation ends on  Sunday. :'(

Offline Icer for life

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #919 on: Aug 14, 2019, 05:30 PM »
I am very thankful for the journey you share - just really fabulous progress and photos.

On off the wall question......the dish is in place - CBC for the hockey season?

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #920 on: Aug 14, 2019, 06:06 PM »
CBC, Sportsnet, TSN and the NHL package.
I take my hockey very seriously.
During the season I watch 2-3 games a day.
  :afro:

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #921 on: Aug 14, 2019, 08:42 PM »
Drifter/Dave great photos from the drone. Is it possible to build some type of cart propelled by an electric motor for use in transporting materials from the dock to the cabin. I know they make portable solar panel charging systems that could be used to keep batteries on the cart charged. I'm assuming you will eventually have some type of solar setup so your not totally dependent on a generator.

When a New York NHL team is playing in Canada they sometimes use the Hockey Night in Canada broadcast I like watching the coach's corner segment never know what crazy looking suit Don Cherry will be wearing .
 Steve

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #922 on: Aug 14, 2019, 11:23 PM »
Drifter/Dave great photos from the drone. Is it possible to build some type of cart propelled by an electric motor for use in transporting materials from the dock to the cabin. I know they make portable solar panel charging systems that could be used to keep batteries on the cart charged. I'm assuming you will eventually have some type of solar setup so your not totally dependent on a generator.

When a New York NHL team is playing in Canada they sometimes use the Hockey Night in Canada broadcast I like watching the coach's corner segment never know what crazy looking suit Don Cherry will be wearing .
 Steve

I picked up a used one of these last spring that needs some work but I should have it ready to haul out to the cabin this winter.

http://www.badriveroutdoors.com/jack-tuff/little-mule-cart.php

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #923 on: Aug 15, 2019, 06:48 PM »
Got out for a little fish catching after dinner last night. Got 10 lakers to the boat with 3 reasonable ones in the 7-8# range.

Had my buddy out to the cabin to look over the land as he is going to bring his. Backhoe and Bobcat out to do some work building a road from the lake to the cabin. Going to put in pads for a 12'x24' and a 24'x30' portable garages. As well as some driveways linking them all together. :)

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #924 on: Aug 15, 2019, 08:27 PM »
Drifter/Dave between the Little Mule cart and your friend's work it should be easier for you to move things from the dock area to cabin. Congratulations on the lake trout.
 Steve

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #925 on: Aug 16, 2019, 06:17 AM »
Had my buddy out to the cabin to look over the land as he is going to bring his. Backhoe and Bobcat out to do some work building a road from the lake to the cabin. Going to put in pads for a 12'x24' and a 24'x30' portable garages. As well as some driveways linking them all together. :)

Is he going to barge the equipment in?  Are you putting full concrete under the garages, or do you mean pads to tie the garages down to?

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #926 on: Aug 16, 2019, 09:36 AM »
Is he going to barge the equipment in?  Are you putting full concrete under the garages, or do you mean pads to tie the garages down to?

He's going to see if the guys at the hydro plant still have their barge, if not the equipment will be brought out in the  winter.

Gravel pads for the garages. I flush mount PT 6x6's to bolt them down to. Works great.

Offline Skywagon

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #927 on: Aug 16, 2019, 05:46 PM »
He's going to see if the guys at the hydro plant still have their barge, if not the equipment will be brought out in the  winter.

Gravel pads for the garages. I flush mount PT 6x6's to bolt them down to. Works great.

Gravel makes sense, I was thinking concrete would be a lot material to haul.  I put in a temporary Canadian Tire 12' X 24' garage before I built the cabin, did it in winter and cut 2 spruce logs to secure it to.

Offline jedhead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #928 on: Aug 16, 2019, 07:24 PM »
Dave,
Checked on those Rain Bird heads for you, they are ag heads which my supplier does not carry and is limited on getting since they are mostly residential and commercial based. They could get them but there is no cost savings as  my cost is right where you where at around $500 each. If you can get them for that you are doing good, they list for over $900 each. Good luck!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #929 on: Aug 16, 2019, 07:41 PM »
Dave,
Checked on those Rain Bird heads for you, they are ag heads which my supplier does not carry and is limited on getting since they are mostly residential and commercial based. They could get them but there is no cost savings as  my cost is right where you where at around $500 each. If you can get them for that you are doing good, they list for over $900 each. Good luck!

Thanks for looking into it for me jedhead.
They sure aren't cheap that's for sure.
Cheaper than losing everything in a fire though.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.