The Iceshanty Ice Auger Board is sponsored by
Nils Master Authorized Sharpening Service

Author Topic: Icemaster 8" power auger???  (Read 10413 times)

Offline keng52

• Team IceShanty Regular
Icemaster 8" power auger???
« on: Dec 04, 2009, 12:33 PM »
   My father-in-law has been in a nursing home with Alzheimer's for the past few years and my mother-in-law gave me his old power auger. The brand name is "Icemaster" made by Osceola Power Equipment of Osceola, WI. The engine is 34cc 2 stroke. It has a sticker on it from "TML Industrial Engines" Huron Park, Ontario, Canada. I Googled all the obvious names, but didn't come up with much. There is also a sticker that says to use leaded gas with a 20/1 gas/oil ratio. It runs OK. The blades are rough (8"). I'm not sure how old it is. I'm guessing late '70's early 80's. I did a search on IS and only came up with one entry pretty similar to this one. Any ideas for blades or any other info would be appreciated.

Offline bassassin

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Icemaster 8" power auger???
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2009, 04:37 PM »
I bought this same auger at an auction a few years back.  i used it once then let my buddy borrow it.  unfortunately he shattered the gas tank! oh, and the air filter.  this company no longer exists, but with some digging i found a small engine repair shop that knows about them.  i also replaced the blades on mine, but i believe it is a 7" in cut.  i bought strike master replacement blades and they fit just fine.  let me know if you would like the repair shop number and i can email it to you.  he doesnt have much for parts and theyre pretty hard to come by, but you never know. 

Offline laynemark

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #2 on: Dec 26, 2009, 12:55 PM »
   My father-in-law has been in a nursing home with Alzheimer's for the past few years and my mother-in-law gave me his old power auger. The brand name is "Icemaster" made by Osceola Power Equipment of Osceola, WI. The engine is 34cc 2 stroke. It has a sticker on it from "TML Industrial Engines" Huron Park, Ontario, Canada. I Googled all the obvious names, but didn't come up with much. There is also a sticker that says to use leaded gas with a 20/1 gas/oil ratio. It runs OK. The blades are rough (8"). I'm not sure how old it is. I'm guessing late '70's early 80's. I did a search on IS and only came up with one entry pretty similar to this one. Any ideas for blades or any other info would be appreciated.
I've got an old icemaster model as well.  the engine runs best on a 32:1 mix.  My blades are 8" normark.  If you contact Strikemasters parts department, they stock some parts for these ICEMASTERS.  Strikemaster bought them out in the late 70's
regards
L

Offline BlueMoon

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 27, 2009, 12:07 PM »
I also have this same Icemaster power auger that was given to me by a retired co-worker that moved to Florida. TML Industrial Engine Model TML-35, Displacement 34cc. The recoil pull starter was disassembled and i cannot find a breakdown sheet for proper re-assembly and to find out if it is missing any parts. Can anyone help?
BlueMoon

Offline bthompson

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 01, 2015, 10:48 AM »
I have this same auger and it runs good but turns really slow. does anyone else have this problem?

Offline Russellcharles

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #5 on: Oct 14, 2016, 10:43 AM »
I have this same auger and it runs good but turns really slow. does anyone else have this problem??

I also have one and exactly the same problem... I don't understand why but hope it doesn't get worst :(

Offline Ice Scratcher

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Oct 17, 2016, 04:39 PM »
Here is a video of one running, it looks to turn slower probably because of a lower than usual gear ratio..

https://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=7HoMEuD_sBA

Here it is for sale..

https://detroit.craigslist.org/okl/spo/5817698978.html

A different one.. $80!

https://detroit.craigslist.org/wyn/spo/5831838762.html

<°)))>{

Offline Big tom 57

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Feb 28, 2017, 06:38 PM »
Just fixed up a old Osceola power equipment ice master power ice auger. You can still find parts. Carb kit. $10.61. Recoil $1.59. Blades, screw shaft & exstion $75.00. Gas line $1.39. This is a 43 year old auger. It turns slow, but can cut four feet of ice in under a min. All for under a hundred. My papa is proud. God rest his soul.

Offline monsterjosh

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Jan 18, 2018, 07:33 PM »
Hi i have an older ice master from osceola, i need to find a gas tank and blades and a point

Offline Bigbaang

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Jan 05, 2019, 10:49 AM »
Big Tom, where did you find parts? I’m looking for a recoil assembly

Just fixed up a old Osceola power equipment ice master power ice auger. You can still find parts. Carb kit. $10.61. Recoil $1.59. Blades, screw shaft & exstion $75.00. Gas line $1.39. This is a 43 year old auger. It turns slow, but can cut four feet of ice in under a min. All for under a hundred. My papa is proud. God rest his soul.

Offline Butch34

• IceShanty Rookie
Re: Oceola Ice Auger
« Reply #10 on: Jun 23, 2020, 02:48 PM »
Following up, I saw you found carb parts.  I just bought an old one that "Ran last year" but has a leak in fuel line that I am going to fix.  but wondering where you got those parts.

Thanks,
Butch

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.