Maine > Ice Fishing Maine

Shad Darts

(1/2) > >>

Fishin_Addiction:
Was going through my jigs for ice fishing and needed another 3500 box. Went to my other fishing gear and took out a bunch of shad darts to make room for ice jigs. I was thinking that I might try a shad dart for jigging through the ice. Anyone tried one and had success? Any other non-ice fishing branded lures that you have turned into ice lures?

FreshwaterPhil:

--- Quote from: Fishin_Addiction on Mar 02, 2024, 05:04 PM ---Was going through my jigs for ice fishing and needed another 3500 box. Went to my other fishing gear and took out a bunch of shad darts to make room for ice jigs. I was thinking that I might try a shad dart for jigging through the ice. Anyone tried one and had success? Any other non-ice fishing branded lures that you have turned into ice lures?

--- End quote ---

I think most rattlebaits were designed for open water, but I only use them or ice fishing.

rmoody79:
Shad darts are a huge trout producer for me in mass, and before they stopped stocking salmon down here was deadly on those too.  I preferred orange, my buddy used chartreuse and did just as well.  Something about seeing 7 and 8lb salmon crushing a 1/32oz shad dart, but the rainbows and browns love them too

Fish Wayniac:

--- Quote from: rmoody79 on Mar 02, 2024, 08:01 PM ---Shad darts are a huge trout producer for me in mass, and before they stopped stocking salmon down here was deadly on those too.  I preferred orange, my buddy used chartreuse and did just as well.  Something about seeing 7 and 8lb salmon crushing a 1/32oz shad dart, but the rainbows and browns love them too

--- End quote ---
What do you put on the hook cut bait or worm ?

rmoody79:
I don’t put anything on them

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version