Author Topic: shore lunch venison  (Read 3644 times)

Offline whitts-end

• IceShanty Rookie
shore lunch venison
« on: Dec 07, 2004, 12:33 PM »
try this one...  Not many people I've met usually bread their venison....

Take some venison steaks/loins (good cuts, not the 6 year old buck you shot in the swamp 3 years ago) and dip them in egg.  Then roll them in shore lunch just like you would make a nice walleye fillet.  Fry them up in plenty of butter (not margarine, or fake butter) until they are medium rare...  don't overcook the steaks, or they will get tougher!  Add seasoning to taste (salt, pepper, creole, whatever).  With good cuts, you shouldn't even need a knife to eat them, and boy are they good!  Enjoy with a cold leinie's and you are all set!

tight lines, tighter belts.
whitt

Offline reelmaster

• Team IceShanty Regular
Re: shore lunch venison
« Reply #1 on: Dec 07, 2004, 12:52 PM »
I infact have tried it and I must say it rocks. You wouldn't even know its venision. Very tasty. Also Ive tried it on porkchops with the same results.  Last week I had A deer steak that I marinated for 2 days with montreal steak sauce Rub. Delicious
YOu can only get skunked so many times before you have to shower, Peeeeuuuuw

Offline SLIPPERYFISH

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Got to get on the ice
« Reply #2 on: Dec 30, 2004, 02:52 PM »
hey guys,
I do the venison similar to you but a little bit different. First, I tenderize the cuts with a meat hammer.  Pound them out on both sides till theyre good and flat.  Dip them in the eggwash, then bread them with your favorite breading (I like the Italian bread crumb mix).  Next, heat up some extra virgin olive oil in a non stick skillet.  Add some fresh garlic and LIVE basil... dont skimp on the basil!  Drop the venison in the oil... keep enough oil in the pan so it dosnt dry out and cook for 2 min a side.
If your cooking this out on the ice, you will have visitors stopping by to see what smelll so good!!!!!

DEERMEAT

« Reply #3 on: Jan 19, 2005, 09:23 AM »
I'M HAVING SOME LEFTOVER VENISON FOR LUNCH TODAY.I HAVE BEEN BREADING VENISON FOR YEARS. THE WAY I DO IT IS TO MARINATE IN MILK FOR 1/2 HR. THEN DIP IT IN EGG,BREAD IT WITH ITALIAN STYLE BREAD CRUMBS, & FRY IT UNTIL BROWN,I THEN PLACE ALL THE PIECES IN A 2" DEEP CAKE PAN.POUR A JAR OF RAGAU SAUCE OVER EVERYTHING & COVER WITH SLICES OF AMERICAN CHEESE, COVER WITH FOIL & PLACE IN OVEN AT 350 DEGREES FOR 45 MINUTES. THIS IS DELICIOUS.I ALWAYS MAKE SURE I MAKE ENOUGH SO I DO HAVE LEFT OVERS.  :D

Offline SLIPPERYFISH

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Got to get on the ice
« Reply #4 on: Jan 19, 2005, 11:21 AM »
Deermeat, Ill have to try that one... sounds real good!

Offline JiggerMan

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • one of my future ice buddies
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2005, 11:31 PM »
Here is a recipe that i usually use when i cook my deer meat. 

Ketchup
whorschester sauce
Soy sauce
chopped garlic
lots of fresh cracked Black Pepper

mix all of this together to taste.  the spicer you want the sauce the more black pepper and worschester suace you add.  fry the sliced meat in lots of butter untill MR and then poor in the sauce and simmer it all together making sure you do not get the meat to done or it will be tough.  If you want to cook the meat out on the ice you can mix the meat with the sauce and take it with you and cook it all together. 

Very tastey

JiggerMan

RGIII keeps a bench mighty warm

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #6 on: Jan 26, 2005, 12:35 PM »
You guy's are making me hungary but with the new law's here in PA we will not have any deer here to cook soon :'(
      Jim

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.