Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1630931 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #18510 on: Feb 06, 2020, 04:29 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                              It's 22* and snowing, there is about 3 to 4 inches in my driveway. ::)
                              Eddie...…….Thanks for the pictures of your son's catch, that is a mixed bag for sure. :thumbsup:
                              Wally...…….The thing was when Jon caught his hook was caught in the rope on the grippers, the Pike had a blind eye. It probably
                threw his depth perception off. :o
                              H2L...……….I didn't watch the SOTU speech but saw excerpts of it, from what I saw what a crazy night at the capital. :unsure:
                              I-45...………I'm glad to read that your wife is doing well with her sugar, :clap: but sorry for your problem. I'd get a second opinion though. :(
                              Marv...…….I hope your project in the garage went well, I like tinkering in my basement to pass time on nasty days. :flex:
                              OS...……….How is your wife doing? I went with my wife to all her appointments up to her radiation treatments. There is nothing I need to hear
                and she in there for 10 minutes. The hospital has a schedule and they keep to it. :flex:
                              I didn't get out yesterday but Jon hit Lake George, he said he got skunked. I Did go with my wife yesterday and after her treatment we went
                to Renew store, where you can get good deal on good stuff and picked up a dresser for my #3 son. Then we went to Walmart to get a wall bracket to
                mount the TV in our bedroom. The TV was on a shelf above her dresser but the new dresser has a mirror, so the bracket was needed. I got it in place
                in the afternoon.
                              I have a DR.'s appointment this morning Then probably will do some snow clean up when I get home, it's still snowing.
                              I hope everyone has a good Thursday either at work or out on the ice!

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18511 on: Feb 06, 2020, 04:57 AM »
Good morning Eddie, IW! Good morning everyone :bow:

14 heading into the 20's later today. A possible 5" of snow paying us a visit on Sunday.

Eddie nice pictures, Congratulations to your son :thumbsup:

IW good luck at your Dr. appointment :thumbsup:

WW hope they were able to get the recalls taken care of, hope that's the end of them :thumbsup:

I am off to Walmart for a few things this morning, then back to the garage today.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline UFCreel

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18512 on: Feb 06, 2020, 05:10 AM »
Good morning all, The gout attack with medicine and cherries has subsided a lot. Still sore but i can work. Went in yesterday. Not much time this morning will have catch up later. All the best Charlie.
Flags up! Bobbers down!

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18513 on: Feb 06, 2020, 06:31 AM »
26* and it looks like about 3" of snow.
Ice-45, good to hear the wife is doing well. Sorry that things are not going well for you. Will keep you in my thoughts.
Eddie, a good day for your son. During the SOTU a friend of the wife sent her a picture of her TV with a towel covering the right side of the screen so she didn't have to see, you know who.
IW, good luck at the Doctors.
My doctor's visit went well, have to go back in August.
Have a good day....h2l

On Tuesday I saw 2 bucks that still had their horns. 4pt and a 6pt.
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18514 on: Feb 06, 2020, 07:46 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....hope the appointment goes well today  ;)  looks like snow clean up will be continuing into tomorrow  ::)

WS.....hope the WalMart run is quick and easy  :whistle:  guess pretty much the whole country is getting some crazy weather now  :wacko: somebody REALLY pi#*ed off Mother Nature  :%$#!:

UFC.....glad you're feeling better  :clap:

Eddie....seems all the powers that be have to do is look at how many people released w/o bail are committing MORE crimes and/or NOT showing up for their court dates, it's not rocket science for heaven's sake  :cookoo:  they also need to stop giving witness/victim information to the defense attorneys  :nono:  apparently there wasn't much thought put into these new reforms  :cookoo:

H2L.....I've heard reports of a couple nice bucks still with their horns being seen in this area too  :blink:  glad your appointment went well  :thumbsup:

Got the truck taken care of yesterday, pretty painless in & out in under 2 hours  :thumbsup:  woke up to about 3" of fresh snow on the ground, supposed to turn to freezing rain then plain rain later today  :wacko:  need to get the deck and walk shoveled before the rain comes  :flex:  tomorrow the forecast is for 5 - 8" of snow, that should make a slushy mess on what ice there is, not to mention covering any questionable spots  ::)  :( 

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18515 on: Feb 06, 2020, 03:36 PM »
Thanks for the concerns of my well being. My health is still good. I have been busy working on the house in case we decide to sell it and move away from the lake as it has changed from the friendly place it was when we moved here. As I keep saying this it the best group and thread on the internet.

I just got up from a nap trying to get rid of the head ache I had after we had a Senior Center meeting this morning. More about that later. It might end up being a long rant.

Eddie I can remember the first add I saw by Peta when they first showed up probably close to 30 years ago. It was a video of women dancing in fur coats with blood dripping out of them. Did you see their latest add proposing to get rid of Phil the ground hog and replace him with a robot. These ideas are just to get publicity so the get suckers to send them money. Years ago they proposed changing the name fish to some other ridiculous other name. Just another ploy to get money.

IW That pike must have leaned how to survive with the clamp it's jaw it a long time ago. One time I caught a pike with no jaw with a flat fish. If it had not been for the way the hooks were on the flat fish I probably would not have caught it. one time  I released a pike with the jaw spreader in it. I was lucky that I was able to get it back with my net and get it out of the pike. I then let it go again.

If-45. I too have an inoperable back. I had a pain stimulator implanted in my lower back. I really helped with the pain.

Steve Snowmobilers can be some real idiots. When we got our only big snow this year, if you want to call 6 inches big, they went wild here. We have a lot of old rail road grades in Michigan that have been turned into bike, walking and snow mobile trails. I lost count of the snowmobiles I saw blow across side roads even though there were stop signs on the trail.

Drifter I wish I could give my natural immunity to the flu to you and every one else. I have not had the flu since June 15th of 1961 when I  had to usher at a friends wedding. BTW Those of us on IS shanty are actually called northerners in the USA not southerners. To be considered a southerner you have to come from Kentucky or further south. Plus you have to have only a few teeth and married to your cousin. You do not have to worry about us northerners coming up to your area of Gods country.

Edit I posted so I did not lose what had typed. Now for what happened at the Senior Citizen board meeting this morning.

Just after we opened the meeting some woman came in and proceeded to run down the centers condition. She thought it should be community center not just for seniors. One of the board members kept squashing her statements. We are separate from the other county senior centers owned by the county. We own the building. We have our own Non Profit status. This woman objected to the old pictures on one wall and told us a mural on one wall that showed the buildings and business from years ago should be painted over. She finally stormed out saying she would start her own community center. Personally I think she was a set up by a board member that was not at the meeting.

The board member that was not there is now a former board member as we voted her off the board. She has been an increasing problem since the wife was voted in a president. She wanted to be in control. Some how she got put on the county board in place of the wife who had been asked to join the county board. This woman has cost us the $5,000  stipend from the county with lies. We have an early meeting with the manager of the county senior centers early next Thursday morning so maybe we can get this straightened out.

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18516 on: Feb 06, 2020, 06:40 PM »
Good evening, raining currently probably change to Wintry mix or snow over night and snow for Friday. The tire pressure problem on the GMC has been traced to one monitor which is not sending information to the vehicle computer have to bring the vehicle to garage tomorrow. I saw on the news NY.'s "Green Light" law which allows illegal immigrants to obtain driver's licenses and a few other things has caused the U.S. department of Homeland Security to end a program which allows you to register and be background checked if determined to be a low-level security risk you get some type of I.D. which allows you to go through a faster security check at airports and other points of entry when returning from other countries. Our Governor claims this is payback since under the "Green Light" law all information collected is not shared with Homeland Security or other Federal agencies.
Eddie congratulations to your son on his catch from recent ice fishing trip. Glad Angelo has turned out to be a good worker and eager to learn all aspects of the Mason's trade.
Whopper Stopper did you get a couple of your home projects completed or just have fun tinkering in your garage.
Ice Wanderer definitely a different catch for your buddy Jon surprised the pike could still feed with the lip gripper attached to it I've only see chain pickerel with treble hooks left in their jaws and mouths.
Wallyworld nice that the dealer had the parts to do recall work.
Gunts2long can your wife take anything to strengthen her teeth which will not react with any of her medications. Congrats to you on the good doctor's report.
Icefisher-45 good to read your wife's blood sugar levels are under control. Like others have suggested get a second opinion on your back. Whenever you get to lumbar puncture done may it provide you some relief.
Tomturkey sorry to hear over the years things have changed for the worse in your development. May you be able to get things straightened out with the county manager for senior centers.

Have a pleasant and safe night everyone. May all in this storm's path not suffer any major problems.
 Steve

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18517 on: Feb 06, 2020, 07:09 PM »
Whopper Stopper did you get a couple of your home projects completed or just have fun tinkering in your garage.
Steve

Good evening mr.clean!

I stuck it out in the garage until about noon before I found myself hankering to climb a few pines.

Tomorrow is fire time. Only 26 more to go :thumbsup:

WS

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #18518 on: Feb 06, 2020, 08:35 PM »
Good evening ER's!! IW, I have been to all of my wife's appointments and will go with her tomorrow for her first radiation treatment! Thanks for asking! Got a weird call today and the wife answered and then hung up. I asked her what that was about and she said that the person on the other end had said they were with Social Security and that our S.S. cards were cancelled!!! Ya Right!!! What a stupid scam!!! CLICK!!!  :callcops: Just thought I'd warn you so you would have time to think up a good come back!!!  ;)2
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #18519 on: Feb 07, 2020, 02:45 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  31* with rain/freezing rain falling at the moment, turning to snow later with a few inches expected, high of 34.

OS...thanks for the heads up on the scammers. Best wishes to your wife with her treatment today, will keep her in my thoughts and prayers.  :thumbsup:
  Marv...thanks, will pass the congrats on to Stephen! Hope the rest of the tree work goes smoothly today, that’s going to be one big old fire to warm up with later..careful with the saws today.    :thumbsup:
  Steve...thanks, will pass that on! Angelo is eager to learn so it makes all of our efforts to teach him worthwhile.  :thumbsup:
  Wally...it’s sure hard to figure out how some of these foolish lawmakers think... :cookoo: :%$#!:

Lost most of my first post somehow, running out of time to finish up....will catch up to you all this afternoon!
  Cawfee’s on ....
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18520 on: Feb 07, 2020, 04:36 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER"s,
                            It's 34* here on my hill, mixed precipitation is on it's way ending with heavy snow this afternoon. ::)
                            Eddie...…….I'm glad that Angelo is still eager to learn the trade, it looks like his future is planned out, good choice! :flex: :clap: :thumbsup: :bow:
                            Marv...…….You got busy with the trees, the fire should melt a lot of snow. :flex:
                            Wally...…..When I heard of the new no bail law I couldn't believe my ears, what are the law makers thinking?
                            OS...……...Good luck to your wife today, tell her to use the lotion or Aloe after each treatment, she should take it with her and
              use it while getting dressed. :whistle:
                            Steve...…..The weather sure has been crazy, our friends that live in Cornwall posted some pictures of plants sprouting, won't
             they get a surprise with the snow. :o
                             I've had a busy week so today I will finally get to move my clothes in to my new chest of drawers, it will be a chance to go
             through my things and weed out what fits or doesn't fit and things I don't need.
                             I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out on the ice!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18521 on: Feb 07, 2020, 05:39 AM »
Good morning. 33* and some more snow on the way.
OS, I got a call from SS one day, they wanted to verify they had the right number and wanted to tell them what mine was. I told them I will take my chances and maybe get 2 checks from them.

Mr. C, the wife takes calcium and iron everyday, it is all just side effects of all her other meds. She takes 28 pills/liquids a day.

WS, you have quite a mess to clean up. Is that on your land or is it a job you are doing.

IW, the wife has been after me to go through some of my clothes.

Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18522 on: Feb 07, 2020, 06:34 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

23 heading up a couple notches during the day. We had a dusting of snow over night, 4-6" promised for Sunday.

Not much going on here today just cleaning up the brush. The mess was deadwood from my own trees. Under the pines is my hosta bed with around 200+ plants. They look nice until Sept then the deer mow them off at ground level, I am happy to share with them Lol

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18523 on: Feb 07, 2020, 06:55 AM »
Morning all,

OS....best wishes to MrsOS today as she begins her treatments  :flex: 

WS....have fun playing in the pines  :woot:

IW....tough job cleaning out old clothes, always think "well MAYBE I'll wear it again sometime" or "MAYBE when I lose 5 lbs"  :whistle:

Eddie....hope the drive in this morning wasn't too bad, looks like the drive home could be tough too  :pinch:  be safe  ;)

H2L.....with that many meds it's no surprise there are some unwanted side effects  :-\

MrC.....guessing your area will see mostly rain from this storm  ???

TT.....sorry your neighborhood has deteriorated so much that you're thinking of moving  :(  any thoughts of where you might end up  ???

The freezing rain has turned to snow now, pretty much everything in this area is closed today. 5-8" of snow expected along with 30mph winds  :wacko: a cold day tomorrow staying in the teens then right back up to the 30s for the extended forecast  :unsure:  guessing the lakes will be a mess  ::)

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline iowapackfan

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #18524 on: Feb 07, 2020, 07:34 AM »
morning ers'. 24 deg. with light snow (but windy). Welcomed new grand daughter  into the world last night. Marley Jay will be fishing with grandpa and older sister in a few years. Mom and baby doing just fine, dad is slowly coming back to earth. Suppose the wife will be planning a trip to Minn. to see new baby pretty soon. Have a good day all, and tight lines
God,Country, and the Green Bay Packers

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18525 on: Feb 07, 2020, 08:24 AM »
Morning ER's! IW, thanks for the lotion tip!! I'll make sure the wife takes it along and uses it. I'm glad I'm going along with her today as it is snowing and I got a text from #2 daughter that it was 'slickerns#!t' out!! That's pretty slick!!  :woot: :roflmao: ;)2 :whistle: H2L did you get 2 checks?? lol.....  I've always been told that gov't agencies won't call you and i hang up after giving them a blast of chit!! My wife is too polite for that and she's ex-Navy also!!! ::) I hope everyone has a good day no matter what's on the planner!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18526 on: Feb 07, 2020, 08:59 AM »
Congrats Iowa!!!!

Offline Capt.Jim-N.J.

« Reply #18527 on: Feb 07, 2020, 09:35 AM »
Morning, Everybody

Raining like the flood gates are open, windy too, in the 50's today

I.P.F. - Congrats. on the granddaughter

I've been keeping up, as best as possible, with everything by cellphone, just having a bad go-round with some health issues, the worst of which is kidney/bladder, don't
      know if it is kidney stones moving or what, may have to have some surgery, to be decided, GGRRHH, 'getting old AIN'T for sissies'

To All the Ladies, Good Luck with your Treatments

To All the Guys, A stiff upper lip, 2 fingers of drink, & Good Luck

Be Safe-Stay Warm-Have Fun-Tight Lines-Records & Limits-Safe Travels-Good Eats & Drink-Happy Birthday-Happy Anniversary-Get Well Soom
Now is the time for all good men and women to engage in the sport of ice fishing

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18528 on: Feb 07, 2020, 09:40 AM »
CapJ.....sorry to hear of your health issues  :( thoughts and prayers sent your way sir 

Offline IFF

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18529 on: Feb 07, 2020, 08:25 PM »
Well guessers said 1" of snow, and now have 1 foot.  I-70 is close going west into the high country.  And now have them saying more snow Sunday.  Will have more to clear come morning before heading to work.  Always interesting around here.  ::) ;D

Bud

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18530 on: Feb 07, 2020, 08:47 PM »
Good evening, rain to start my day then the wind arrived and some snow flurries this afternoon the winds have stopped. Finally got the registration for the GMC  :clap: happy as the temporary one was about to expire. I will need a new tire pressure monitoring unit for the one wheel.
OldSailor may your wife's first treatment have gone well and the two of you had safe travels to and from the session . Thanks for the heads up on the Social Security scam I've received same phone call a couple of times in the past gotten into the habit of letting my answering machine take calls and if any number is left from a possible scam call pass the info. on to law enforcement. The I.R.S. has also supposedly called me a few times guess enough people fall for the scams so the scammers keep running them.
Ice Wanderer  hope you do not hove to much snow to clear. I think my area of NY. might see early Spring then a cold snap similar to 2011-12 when plants sprouted early and certain flowers bloomed only to be killed or damaged a few days later after night time temperatures dropped into the teens. Do you have all your clothes in the new dresser.
Eddie hope your commute home was not to bad. any fishing plans for this weekend.
Hunts2long that is a lot of medication to be taking on a daily basis. Hope between your wife's dentist and doctors they find something to counter act side effects before she loses more teeth or has a bone fracture or break.
Whopper Stopper did you get your yard cleaned up today. Hosta beds are major deer feeding places at certain times of the year.
Wallyworld may your tractor start when called into service for clearing the snow. May Mr.WW and his fellow firemen not spend to much time on calls related to problems caused by this storm system.
Iowapackfan congratulations to you and your family on birth of new granddaughter.
Capt.Jim sorry to hear of your medical problem if it is kidney stones may you pass them without need for surgery. I know they cause a lot of pain .
IFF hate it when the weather guessers snow fall forecast is way off . safe travels for you tomorrow morning.

May everyone have a good night and any snow/Wintry weather have ended .
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #18531 on: Feb 08, 2020, 03:27 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Looks like winter has returned here again, lol.   16*, strong NW winds and snow showers this am, high of 24.
Not certain what we received for a snow total yesterday, will probably tackle that after the sun pops up.

Steve...the ride into work wasn’t too bad yesterday, a few bad ice spots starting out, but the ride home was another story. Quite a few accidents and spinouts, 4wd was a plus again. Congrats on getting the registration!  :clap:
  Tom...that’s a darn shame things have gotten to the point of considering selling your home. Glad to see you back and hope everything works out whatever you may decide.   :thumbsup:  I can’t recall that first PETA commercial, but do remember all the stink being raised about wearing furs.
  Capt.J...best wishes, thoughts and prayers sent your way with the health issues Sir, fingers crossed no surgery will be needed!  :thumbsup:
  H2...the talk at the shop yesterday with a few guys was if the Walleye Challenge would be canceled, two of my coworkers are in it. Unfortunate we got the snow again first followed by cold temps...my guess it will be canceled for unsafe conditions? I haven’t been seeing too many deer lately, but the ones I have seen are all flat tops.
  Iowa....CONGRATULATION S to all on the arrival of Marley Jay!   :clap: :bow: :thumbsup:
  UFC...glad you’re feeling better!   :thumbsup:
  Dave...hope you’re feeling better also and that bug is now history....we need some cabin porn soon!   ;D :thumbsup:
  Bud...see that Mile High weather is still crazier than ever! Take it easy with the snow removal, safe travels today!  :thumbsup:
  OS...hope everything went well yesterday and no problems on the drive.   :thumbsup:
  Wally...things changed quickly from rain to snow once that front and wind kicked in , near whiteout conditions. Hope the snow removal goes ok today for you....how much did you get there?
  Marv...hope you had a good day with the tree work and got to enjoy a few beverages with a nice fire.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...looked like a lot of snow hit your area as well. Take it easy with the snow removal today....not what we wanted for LG, especially with the winds.   :%$#!:

Was going to take a trip to Lake Champlain today with my son, had to cancel that last night, may do that tomorrow.
  Just waiting for the wind to calm down or the sun to rise so I can get the snowblower fired up....how’s ham and eggs sound this morning?   ;D   Cawfee’s on...
  Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18532 on: Feb 08, 2020, 04:48 AM »
Good Morning ER's hope everyone has a nice day/weekend

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18533 on: Feb 08, 2020, 04:49 AM »

Good morning Eddie ER's,
                           It's I don't know what temperature out, the power is out and I have my generator running but the circuit isn't one of the live ones. ::)
                           Eddie...…...Good luck with the snow removal today. :flex: Too bad you had to cancel your trip to Champlain.  :blink:
                           Marv...……..I hope you got all that mess burned up and now you can get back to the ice. :flex:
                           H2L...……….I got rid of a lot of old clothes, now I have room for more new ones. lol :roflmao:
                           Capt...…….. I wish you the best with recovery from you health issues. :flex:
                           Tom...……...That too bad that your community has come to the point that you are thinking of moving.  :cookoo: How long have you
                 lived on the lake? ???
                           UFC...……….I'm glad you are better. :thumbsup:
                           Wally...…….It changed over to snow here about 10 am and it came down hard. :o
                           We got about 9" of snow yesterday and the winds picked up around 2:15, the power went out at 2:25, I stated my generator at 3 pm.
                 I went out a started snow blowing my driveway and #3 son showed up to drop his 2 daughters off so he could go to the health center, he had
                 a real bad sore throat, it was confirmed he had strep throat and the put him on antibiotics. My wife and I talked them in staying for the night.
                 He doesn't have a generator so it only fit for them to stay. At 8 pm I decided to go to town to get more gas for the generator, good thing I di d.
                 The power is still running as I said in the opening sentence of my post. There are a lot of power outages so I think it will be awhile before it
                 comes back on.
                           I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out fishing or clearing snow.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18534 on: Feb 08, 2020, 05:39 AM »
Morning all,

IW.....good thing you bought that generator when you did  :thumbsup: :clap:  hope you get power restored sooner rather than later  ;)  hope your son is feeling better soon

IFF.....go easy with the snow removal  :flex:  safe travels to work  ;)

MrC.....good to hear your registration arrived before the temporary one expired, had the same issue with the new truck  ::)  MrWW was out for a few hours during the height of the storm for numerous accidents/spin outs, luckily no serious injuries  :clap:

Eddie....we needed this little cold snap BEFORE all the snow, afraid slush is going to be a problem now  >:(  good luck tomorrow   :icefish:

WS.....hope your snow totals stay on the low side  ;)2  any plans to get Shamu back in action  ???

OS.....fingers crossed all went well yesterday for MrsOS  :flex:

Ended up with about 14" of snow yesterday   :o   pretty much wrapped up by late afternoon except for some light flurries  :)  got most of the clean up done before dinner  :flex:  :thumbsup:  today's clean up will be quick and easy   :thumbsup:  see the town plows are still on the roads, know they were struggling to keep up yesterday  :blink:

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18535 on: Feb 08, 2020, 06:11 AM »
4* this morning. We ended up with about 5/6 inches of wet, heavy snow. I got most of it out of the driveway just as it was letting up. Then the temps started dropping and the wind came up. Temps dropped from about 32 to 18 in about two hours. I got one car and most of the driveway cleared before it froze. Still a lot of snow in the trees. Lights dimmed a couple times yesterday.

WW, glad we didn't that amount of snow.

Eddie, I am sure the lake will be a mess. Plus, the slush we had and the rain and snow we got now freezing, there will be a lot of white ice.

Hope everyone is doing fine and has a good day...h2l

Just before dark last night..
Northville, NY

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18536 on: Feb 08, 2020, 06:47 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

-1  crawling to 20 later today. The snow totals are being guessed at 3"-5" late tonight which I hope are spot on, way better than the 8"+ they had been talking about.

IW good move on the generator, money well spent :thumbsup: Take it easy on the snow removal.

Eddie hope it works out for you to get on the ice tomorrow. Yes a few cans of gumption elixir bit the dust yesterday ;D

WW talk about a dumping, glad the bulk of the cleanup is behind you :thumbsup:

mr.clean a big reason I have approximately 300 hosta plants is to share with the local venison, they mow them down every fall.

Yesterdays burning went well. Something about a good fire is always enjoyable

No plans for Shamu as of now, a lot will depend on how much snow we get tonight. I have my sights set on a few more pines once the weather permits.

We are heading to the shack later this morning to check things out and burn a couple of brush piles.

Hope you all have an excellent Saturday :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline tomturkey

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18537 on: Feb 08, 2020, 09:34 AM »
17* and partly cloudy to start the day. We got an inch of nice light snow Thursday night. What I did not shovel off the drive way melted during the day. We had more sun in the first few days of February than the whole month of January. It look's like Grand Rapids is getting hit with snow pretty bad this morning. Better them than us. ;D

The bad part of selling and moving else where is the wife would miss working at the senior center. One of the board members finally got a call back from the woman that was raising cane at the board meeting the other day.  It looks like the call came from the woman's cell phone that we kicked off of the board as it came thorough as a cell number that  was listed from coming from out of state like hers does on caller ID.

We have to go to town today to sign the letter telling the woman that she was removed from the board. Now to get her off of the county board.

Eddie When Cleveland Amory was just getting started with his "Fund For Animals" a friend and I went to GR to listen to him speak. We had dropped some copies of "A Trapper Tells The truth" on top of his literature when we paid to get in. We ended up with two ushers and a couple of cops surrounding us. I was able to send a question to Amory about why only $60,000 of the $900,000 on the NPO statement went to help animals. He talked all around the question but never answered to why. The crowd applauded????
When the gong show was over the two cops said they wished the were not on duty as they would hand out our literature as Amory is crazy. When we got to my car the pro trapping stickers had been destroyed.

IW I feel for you people out east getting all of the wet snow. It had been weeks since I have fired up the snow blower. :)
We have been here for 11 years. The wife was on the board serving as Secretary/Treasurer for quite a while until things got nasty. They were a working board at that time but now the board thinks some one is going to step up and do the work for them. It has always been a kind of crooked place. The developer can not own any land as the IRS would confiscate it for back taxes.  I was  having lunch with a former judge over at the other place. When he found out where I was living he knew all about the crooked developer, two counties away.

Time to finally get some breakfast and get some thing done. Even if it is wrong!

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18538 on: Feb 08, 2020, 12:32 PM »
Hi ER's! The wife's radiation is T.B.A. !! Yesterday they just tattooed her with location marks and said they would call her with a time to come in for radiation. IFF's post reminded me of one of my weather jokes from my Minnesnowta days.....'A guy called the local TV weather people and said he had just gotten done shoveling 11" of clear to partly cloudy  from his driveway!!!' :woot: :roflmao: ;)2  A good day to you all!!!

Offline mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18539 on: Feb 08, 2020, 03:31 PM »
Good afternoon snow flurries or showers since noon finally seeing some coating on ground and vehicles. The college lacrosse season started today watched Marist defeat SUNY Binghamton 12-4 on Marist's athletic's website. I don't know how the players stay warm some had leg cover on under their shorts others were bare legged  realize while on the field and moving you generate body heat but those on the bench must get cold.I beelive the game time temperature was in the high thirties before windchill.
Eddie glad with the assistance of 4WD and your driving experience you had no mishaps getting home yesterday. Best to you and your son if you do go to Lake Champlain tomorrow.
Old Goat may you also have a good weekend.
Ice Wanderer hope your back on the grid. Smart idea getting the generator depending on how may hours of power you average from a gallon of gas maybe you can treat and store five to ten gallons and have on hand for outages. Check with your insurance agent if this would present a problem if you ever had to file a claim because of a house fire.
Wallyworld 14 inches is a good amount from one storm. Good to read there were no injuries from the various vehicle mishaps. I think NY.DMV is over worked the secretary at garage told me besides the increased work load caused by the "Green Light"law our local office lost two supervisors one to retirement and the other to a transfer. The day she picked up my registration only 2 windows were open out of the 6 at the DMV.
Hunts2long nice photo you need to show your live-in daughter how to operate a snow blower if you own one. She may not want to learn but good knowledge for when she ever gets a home of her own. I had to take my Mom's car to gas station as my father always was the one to purchase and fuel it up and never showed my Mom how to use a gas pump.
Whopper Stopper besides the beverages did your toast any marshmallows or roast some hot dogs over the fire. I'm Sure the local deer herd appreciates the Hosta plus the other feed you put out at certain times of the year. May the weather guessers be correct with their forecast this time.
Tom Turkey  I know both you and your wife are heavily involved with the county Senior citizen group. If you decide to move both of you could get involved with whatever group exists in your new location. Once people got to know your wife and she all of her experience personally think she would easily get elected to any board of directors.

Enjoy the rest of this Saturday. May everyone not have a large amount of snow from the current weather and no storm related problems.
 Steve

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.