Author Topic: 9:45 on a Tuesday..  (Read 1607276 times)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
Re: 9:45 on a Tuesday..
« Reply #18450 on: Jan 31, 2020, 05:29 AM »

Good morning Eddie, WS, ER's,
                                  It's 15* and clear here on my hill, another nice day ahead.
                                  Eddie...…….Well what's better concrete or Terrazzo? Are you coming up to try your hand at some perch in Bolton? ???
                                  Marv...……..I hope the tree work goes well, I think the husband thinks you'll get the trees down and leave, obviously he
                got your name from someone giving you a good review, :thumbsup: he should just let you do it the way you want. :whistle:
                                  H2l...………..I talked to a guy the other day as I was getting off the ice, and he claimed there is all kinds of ice over there. :unsure:
                He also told he did well on the eyes when he fished it. :o
                                  Wally...…….How is the work on the boat going, have you decided on a name yet? ???
                                   I-45...…….How are things going with you and your wife, Oh and Mr. Dickens? ???
                                   A friend called me last night and wanted me to fish today but I'm beat bucking the wind and I have to pay my land taxes due
                today or pay a penalty.
                                   I hope everyone has a good Friday either at work or out on the ice, a warm up is coming here.

IW

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18451 on: Jan 31, 2020, 06:08 AM »
Morning all,

WS....good luck getting those finicky walleyes to bite today  :flex:  hope you don't have to pull Shamu off the lake again  :-\

IW....sure would be nice if we didn't have to pay those pesky property taxes every year  ::)

Eddie....the extended forecast looks like February's going to stay pretty warm to start, good for those working outside...not so good for those trying to get on the ice   :nono: :blink:

H2L.....hope all the appointments went well and the meds got delivered on time ;)  have you figured out a way to watch the super bowl yet  ???

On the look out for a fridge for the cellar, the old one decided to call it quits  :%$#!:  Luckily it wasn't full of a lot of perishables, mostly just waters and a few frozen dinners  :-\  could have lost either a few dozen minnows or a few hundred worms depending on the season  :o

Have a good day at work or play. Stay safe.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18452 on: Jan 31, 2020, 06:11 AM »
14* and clear.
IW, not sure what "all kinds of ice" means but from what I have been told there is from 7 to 11 inches in MOST places. There is a report on NY Ice conditions from the 24th that is pretty good. I know the guy that gave the report so I would trust it. It also may be up on Fuel and Food web site. Lou runs the 3/4 day contest the 1st weekend of March. As far as catching walleyes, I haven't heard of many being caught. Really not a lot of guys fishing. We will find out in 2 weeks, after the WC.
Eddie, I would like to see KC win but I am sure it is going to be a good game. Still haven't found a way to watch it at home and I won't go out to watch it. The wife has already told me she is going to miss making "snacks" for the big game. I usually buy a 4 pack of Becks....lol
Have a good day....h2l
Northville, NY

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Take a kid fishing! Pay it forward!!
« Reply #18453 on: Jan 31, 2020, 12:38 PM »
Snowing/wintry mix today.  :( I took my wife to a Dr. appointment and we received some good news. They tested her tumor and she WON"T require chemo!! On a scale of 0-100, she was an 8!!! Her radiation starts Feb. 7th. I hope everyone has a good day tackling whatever's on the planner!!!
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Don't reel against the drag!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18454 on: Jan 31, 2020, 12:42 PM »
AWESOME news OS!!!!!   :thumbsup: :clap:

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18455 on: Jan 31, 2020, 01:22 PM »
Excellent news OS :clap: :clap:

WS

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18456 on: Jan 31, 2020, 01:37 PM »
Great news OS  :thumbsup: :clap: wishing her the best as she receives her radiation treatments  :)

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18457 on: Jan 31, 2020, 03:57 PM »

OS, I'm glad to hear the news on your wife. Have they told your wife how many treatments of radiation she will have to have. My wife is doing well
               with her treatments. She is a little sore under arm where the took a sample of the lymph node. My wife has 11 treatments left with the last 4 or 5
               being boost treatments. I wish your wife the best of luck.

IW

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18458 on: Jan 31, 2020, 06:18 PM »

OS, I'm glad to hear the news on your wife. Have they told your wife how many treatments of radiation she will have to have. My wife is doing well
               with her treatments. She is a little sore under arm where the took a sample of the lymph node. My wife has 11 treatments left with the last 4 or 5
               being boost treatments. I wish your wife the best of luck.

IW

She'll get radiation 5 days a week for 6 weeks. At least that's how it's scheduled now.
My two favorite college football teams are Ohio State and whoever's playing Michigan!!!

Ex Minnesnowta lad! You can take the lad out of Minnesnowta, but you can't take Minnesnowta out of the lad!!

Offline Old Goat

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18459 on: Jan 31, 2020, 08:22 PM »
wishing you both well OS great news

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18460 on: Jan 31, 2020, 09:12 PM »
Good evening light rain currently high today was in the low forties. I got out to do some lake scouting this afternoon two of the three lakes i visited not safe for fishing the other had questionable ice could see frozen over spider holes. I opened an old fishing hole measured 3 inches of mostly white ice.
OldSailor greet news about your wife not needing chemo. therapy  :clap: :clap: :thumbsup: May she tolerate the radiation treatments with little side effects. Have a great trip to Lake Erie this May with your daughter.
Drifter-016 may a weekend of rest help you beat the Flu.
Eddie what work did the bosses find for you today.Guess if weather allows you will be finishing the sidewalk work on Monday. Best to you if fishing this weekend.
Ice Wanderer good job making a young child's fishing trip better by giving them your catch.  :clap: :thumbsup: May a day of rest have you ready for your next outing on the ice. Glad your wife is handling the radiation treatments with no problems.
Wallyworld did you find anything among Cabela's offerings for the new boat. How did the refrig. shopping go today.
Hunts2long may all have gone well at the doctors and dentist.
Whopper Stopper thank you for increasing my walleye knowledge assume there is a good forage base in the lake that the walleyes are eating over your offerings. Best to you with the remaining work on the tree job. Guess part of owning a hard sided shanty is staying on top of ice conditions and being ready to pull the shanty if ice conditions go bad.
Old Goat thanks for your opinion/review of the ASSO fishing line.
Icefisher 45 hope you ,your wife and Mr.Dickens had a good week.
Tomturkey,Capt.Jim may all be good with you and your families.

A safe and good night to everyone.
 Steve

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
  • lay bricks or go fishing...doh!!
« Reply #18461 on: Feb 01, 2020, 03:26 AM »
Good Morning Everyone,
  Welcome to February!   Calm 30* with some snow flurries falling, high of 35 today.

OS...that is great news on your wife, so happy for you both!! Give that lady a big hug from us all. Best wishes on the radiation treatments! :bow: :clap: :thumbsup:
  Steve...sorry your ice search wasn’t too favorable, these warmer temps forecasted for the next week aren’t going to help matters.  :%$#!:  We spent most of the day outside tearing out more sidewalks, grading, and setting forms.
  H2...a buddy of mine set up yesterday afternoon to fish into the evening hours on GSL.  Got a text from him at 7:45pm, said they had 2 walleyes 18” and released several shorts....9” of ice where they were.
  Wally...definitely a good thing the fridge didn’t go out with the bait stored, that could have been unpleasant!  ;D  Good luck with the shopping.  :thumbsup:
  Marv...working through the weekend or holding off until Monday? Will be looking forward to your report from Shamu, hopefully you won’t have to pull it off the ice again.   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...had planned to head north today with my son to either LG, Piseco or Schroon but he had to cancel. Going to stay local today, grandkids will be coming around noon for an overnight. Have got the itch for some of those perch though...hope the ice holds.   Good luck today if you’re heading out again!   :thumbsup:

Seems our work scheduling changes like the weather...told yesterday another 2 weeks outside, terrazzo now scheduled for Feb. 18th... :roflmao: 
  SuperBowl tomorrow, MLB Spring training coming up in about 2 weeks! Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18462 on: Feb 01, 2020, 04:11 AM »

Good morning Eddie, ER's,
                                It's 27* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                                Eddie...…….I ended up going out yesterday, I wanted to see my friend and fish with him. What a mistake it was,
                   I got a late start and when I got to Vet's Park it was a zoo and when I got out I met up with my friend, he had a good catch
                   going on. I set up and started jigging, I got 2 right off but then it's like someone through a switch.  :unsure: They were there
                   but would not bite no matter what I through at them. :o
                                OS...……….They told my wife 6 to 8 weeks at first but by all the pre radiation visits they told her she only needed 21
                   treatments, I hope the same goes for your wife! :unsure:
                                Marv...…...I hope you get back to Shamu this weekend and nail that Hog. :thumbsup:
                                Steve...…..I'm sorry to read that the ice down your way isn't fit for fishing, maybe you'll have to make your way north. :whistle:
                                Wally...…..Good luck with the Frig. hunting, when mine quit, I should have thought, there is a guy over her that refurbishes
                  appliances, it would have been cheaper to take it to him than buy a new one.  :o
                                Our new bedroom furniture is coming on Monday so today we're cleaning out our bedroom for the arrival.
                                I hope everyone has a good Saturday either at work or out before the warm up!

IW

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18463 on: Feb 01, 2020, 05:57 AM »
27* and it looks like about 1/4" of snow.

OS and IW glad the treatments are going well. Thoughts and prayers to all.

Eddie, that is not a bad trip out on the ice for the afternoon bite.

The wife's appts. went well. They put a temp. cap on the broken tooth.

Not sure what is planned for today. I know the wife is going to do the taxes.

Have a good day...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18464 on: Feb 01, 2020, 06:38 AM »
Morning all,

IW....sorry to hear the fishing was slow, but at least you got out again  :clap:  glad to hear MrsIW is doing well with the treatments  :thumbsup:

Eddie....good luck this morning  :icefish: have fun with the grandkids  :clap:

MrC....didn't find anything on Cabela's site, but that's par for the course   ::)  sorry to hear your area isn't fishable yet  :(  people are fishing around here, but on ice that isn't quite up to my comfort level yet  :-\  hoping February brings some better temps  ;)

Think we're going with a new "scratch & dent" fridge as it's only going in the cellar, looked on cl & fb but hate buying used appliances   :nono:  the scratch/dent comes with factory warranty so at least there's some sense of security it will actually run  ;D

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18465 on: Feb 01, 2020, 07:43 AM »
Good morning everyone :bow:

26 heading to 45 by Sunday before temps start to dip.

Eddie best of luck when getting on the ice  :icefish:

IW sorry to read of the tough bite, hope your next outing goes better :thumbsup:

WW sounds like a great idea on the "scratch & dent". We did the exact same thing on our downstairs 

Yesterday I fished for 5 hours and only saw one pike and 9 carp. I decided to get Shamu  off the lake as the slush was just getting too much. For now it's home I will see what next week brings. I have 3 jobs looking at me so I might as well work on those.

Hope you all have an excellent day :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Online mr.clean

• Team IceShantyholic
  • new windsor,ny.
« Reply #18466 on: Feb 01, 2020, 12:14 PM »
Good day over cast sky once again 40 percent chance of snow shower later this afternoon/evening. Little disappointing not finding lakes ready for fishing yesterday was hoping to save a coupe I.S. members who live in NYC and on Long Island some driving time and distance this weekend. Guess they will have to head for different parts of the Catskill Mountain area of the state if they want to fish this weekend or father North if they decide to fish this weekend.
Eddie sorry today's fishing plans got canceled have fun with your grandchildren today. I realize any inside work at the capital building is done around the politician's schedule and right now they and the Governor have two months to get the state budget settled and passed on time so as long as the weather allows you get stuck working outside. Hope the bosses remembered to place concrete order for Monday.
Ice Wanderer may all go well with the furniture moving today.Glad your wife is only going to need 21 radiation treatments may they work and after post treatment exam and testing there be no need for further treatments. Congratulations on getting some fish yesterday it is interesting how the bite can just shut off at times and despite jig/lure and bait changes you can not get a few fish to take your offerings.
Hunts2long know this will be imposing on one of your daughter's but is it possible to watch the Super Bowl at one of their homes or due they also have Dish Network. Good to read wife's dental work went well and the broken tooth is now protected with a cap/crown.
Wallyworld good to hear you found a new refrig. for your cellar and saved some money getting a scratch and dent one with a warranty. Sorry that you did not find any items for the boat among the Cabelas sale items.
Whopper Stopper may the colder weather return and you be able to set out Shamu once again after completing the various jobs.
Capt.Jim may everything be going smoothly at work and with the home clean out.
TomTurkey hope all is well and your busy schedule is all that has kept you from posting these past few days.
Drifter_016 may the restful weekend help you beat the flu and be closer to a cabin or fishing trip.
Icefisher-45 i don't remember if the spinal tap is scheduled for this coming week or not if it is may everything go well and afterwards you see some results for the procedure.

Have a safe and good Saturday.
 Steve

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18467 on: Feb 01, 2020, 12:23 PM »
I don't know if you've checked here for boat gear, but check it out!
https://www.overtons.com/

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18468 on: Feb 01, 2020, 12:29 PM »
Thanks OS, we actually have a Gander Outdoors about 45 minutes away and have checked there. They did have a couple of adapters we were looking for!!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18469 on: Feb 02, 2020, 03:58 AM »

Good morning ER's,
                        Happy Super Sunday everyone, It's a big day for football  :whistle: It's 27* and cloudy here on my hill. ::)
                        Steve...……...Fish can be finicky at times, it's just fishing. Jon was fishing at MDB on Lake George and said it was the same thing there. :blink:
                        Eddie...……….How was your day with the grand kids? ???
                        Wally...……….Speaking of Gander Outdoors, We haven't hear from IFF in a while, Bud where are you? ???
                        Marv...………..I guess that Shamu is in a safe place at home, it's a good thing it is easy to get on and off the ice. :thumbsup:
                        H2L...………….I think I mentioned it before but can you stream the big game on your computer? It sucks the Dish and Fox couldn't come to
                  an agreement. It has happened on Directv in the past, not with Fox but other networks. ::)
                        The moving of the bedroom furniture went well, we're already for the bedroom set.
                        I hope everyone has a good Sunday either at work or out on the ice before the Big Game.

IW

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18470 on: Feb 02, 2020, 04:15 AM »
Good Morning Jeff, Morning Everyone,
  28* and calm this am, high of 36.

Steve...you’re spot on about the work inside the Capitol, we won’t be in doing anything in there at all for quite sometime yet. The bulk of our terrazzo work is located in the Concourse area, but there’s so much going on there until Presidents Day with school events etc., directly in the area we’ll be renovating.
  Marv...that was probably the best bet taking Shamu off the ice again with those conditions. Good luck with the tree jobs!   :thumbsup:  Fishing was terribly slow for me and everyone I saw or spoke with yesterday morning.
  Wally...nothing wrong with going the scratch and dent route, especially with a warranty attached!   :thumbsup:
  H2..my buddy stayed out until about 11pm, said the bite shut right down for them about 8pm. Glad all went well for your wife!   :thumbsup:
  Jeff...imagine the word got out quick on some safe ice there at Vets...probably was a full house yesterday and again today? Is the winter carnival going on now up there? Wasn’t sure with the ice conditions if they would be doing anything on the lake.    I graphed quite a few fish yesterday, similar to your report...look and leave...couldn’t get anything to hit.  Had a great time with the grandkids, tough to keep up with them sometimes!   ;D :thumbsup:

Fishing conditions were excellent yesterday, especially pulling out gear. The very light snow we got overnight made the Smitty sled easy enough to pull with one finger over the glare ice beneath it...but the bite sucked to put it mildly.  ;D  Oh well, that’s fishing....it was still good to get out for a couple hours.
  Breakfast with my Mom this morning, maybe a short afternoon trip to the lake before the SuperBowl begins.
  Cawfee’s on...
Have a great day all, be safe, best of luck to those fishing!

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18471 on: Feb 02, 2020, 04:50 AM »

Eddie...…...Jeff...imagine the word got out quick on some safe ice there at Vets...probably was a full house yesterday and again today? Is the winter carnival going on now up there? Wasn’t sure with the ice conditions if they would be doing anything on the lake.    I graphed quite a few fish yesterday, similar to your report...look and leave...couldn’t get anything to hit.  Had a great time with the grandkids, tough to keep up with them sometimes!   ;D :thumbsup:

The winter carnival is going on but from what I see is the partying in the village at the local taverns.  :woot:

IW

Offline Whopper Stopper

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #18472 on: Feb 02, 2020, 05:39 AM »
Good morning IW, Eddie! Good morning everyone :bow:

It's already 40 heading to high of 46 by this afternoon.

IW-Bud has been out west visiting his brother whom has been having health problems. He should be coming back today.

Eddie breakfast with Mom sounds excellent :thumbsup: I could feel your pain marking fish but not getting them to bite :%$#!:

Yesterday I spent the morning working on a tree job, I will finish it tomorrow.

I will check a couple different lakes out as the week goes on. It kind of depends on how the tree jobs go and if I decide to work on my own trees or not. I know of a couple of lakes that were still open when we got our first heavy snow, they shouldn't be as flooded as where I was. Many of the resorts up north pulled the plug due to slush. One of them on a premiere perch lake had to scrap fishing even though they were booked through March.

Hope you all have an excellent day, enjoy the game if watching or listening to it :thumbsup: Stay safe.

WS

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18473 on: Feb 02, 2020, 06:07 AM »
26* this morning.
Eddie, sounds like your friend had a pretty good evening on the lake.
Mr. Clean, one daughter lives here and the other daughter doesn't have TV service into her home. She is a computer person and gets what she wants to watch off that. Lindsay told the wife that we should try one of the programs we get, it just might be on one of them. I think I am the only sports person in the family. My brother couldn't tell you who Tom Brady plays for, maybe not even what sport he plays.
IW, I was surprised to see that LG had their Winter Fest. I guess there is money to be made.

While I was in the village yesterday afternoon the Rescue truck was called out for an on ice call. Seems that about 1pm two sleds ran into each other just below Sport Island Pub out on the lake. One was going about 70mph when they hit. One person air lifted to Albany Med, he wasn't wearing a helmet. The fire department and EMS did a great job. I would say from the time the call came in to when they took off was no more than an hour and a half. They had to get him off the lake and over to the waiting helicopter at the DEC. It is good to know these guys and girls are here for us.

Have a good day....h2l

Hav
Northville, NY

Offline ICE WANDERER

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • Looking for ice
« Reply #18474 on: Feb 02, 2020, 06:35 AM »
26* this morning.
Eddie, sounds like your friend had a pretty good evening on the lake.
Mr. Clean, one daughter lives here and the other daughter doesn't have TV service into her home. She is a computer person and gets what she wants to watch off that. Lindsay told the wife that we should try one of the programs we get, it just might be on one of them. I think I am the only sports person in the family. My brother couldn't tell you who Tom Brady plays for, maybe not even what sport he plays.
IW, I was surprised to see that LG had their Winter Fest. I guess there is money to be made.

While I was in the village yesterday afternoon the Rescue truck was called out for an on ice call. Seems that about 1pm two sleds ran into each other just below Sport Island Pub out on the lake. One was going about 70mph when they hit. One person air lifted to Albany Med, he wasn't wearing a helmet. The fire department and EMS did a great job. I would say from the time the call came in to when they took off was no more than an hour and a half. They had to get him off the lake and over to the waiting helicopter at the DEC. It is good to know these guys and girls are here for us.

Have a good day....h2l

Hav
   I saw on the news about the 2 snowmobiles, it amazes me how 2 can collide in broad daylight, unless they had been drinking and playing chicken.

Offline hunts2long

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18475 on: Feb 02, 2020, 06:41 AM »
   I saw on the news about the 2 snowmobiles, it amazes me how 2 can collide in broad daylight, unless they had been drinking and playing chicken.

Isn't it the law, you have to be drinking to play chicken, I know it's the law about the helmet...h2l
Northville, NY

Offline masoneddie

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18476 on: Feb 02, 2020, 07:17 AM »
Morning again all,
  Forgot to mention....Happy Groundhog Day! Punxsutawney Phil didn’t see his shadow...early Spring? Guess we’ll see, understand he only has a 39% accuracy rating...but that’s still  better than some of the weather guessers!   :clap:
  Might be the last “ live “ prediction from old Phil if these people get their way...Doh!   :nono:

https://www.cnn.com/2020/01/28/us/peta-punxsutawney-phil-ai-groundhog-trnd/index.html

H2...wow, that had to be one horrible accident!

Offline wallyworld

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18477 on: Feb 02, 2020, 08:40 AM »
Morning all,

Eddie.....enjoy breakfast with your Mom  :thumbsup:  the grandkids always seem to have WAY more energy than Grandma & Grandpa  :woot:  sure would be nice to get a couple days on the ice BEFORE spring arrives  :unsure: :icefish:

H2L....sorry you couldn't find a way to watch the game tonight    :(  the networks/cable companies don't give a rat's a** about the customers, it's all about the all mighty $$$$  :%$#!:

WS.....I think winter sport based businesses everywhere are taking a beating this year with the roller coaster weather  ::)  fingers crossed you find some decent ice again before the season ends  :icefish:

IW.....sounds like the village is a good place to stay away from  ;)2  seems every winter brings about some hard to explain snowmobile accidents  :blink:  can't imagine why ANYONE would ride w/o a helmet  :nono: :wacko:

IFF.....safe travels on your way home  @)   hope MrsIFF managed ok in your absence  ;)

A little light snow in the air, temps around freezing. Most of this coming week will be above the freezing mark once again  :-\  Might have to summon up my courage and fish ice that is outside my comfort zone  :o  guess facing your fear is supposed to make you stronger, we'll see  :flex: :roflmao:

Have a good day whatever your plans. Stay safe.

Offline OldSailor

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18478 on: Feb 02, 2020, 09:19 AM »
Morning ER's. That weather roller coaster is doing it's thing!!! 37 now heading to 58 for a couple days like it and then the temps drop!!  :%$#!: :%$#!: :%$#!: :cookoo: Now you can understand why I'm planning my garden and getting my soft water gear ready!!! It's so nice that we're grilling for supper, but I'm leaving my shorts in the drawer!!  ;)2 I hope everyone enjoys whatever is on the planner, and that your team wins tonight!! (impossible, I know!!)

Offline Drifter_016

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #18479 on: Feb 02, 2020, 11:04 AM »
Morning everyone.
Cool here again today.
Go figure!!  @)

It sucks that your weather down South isn't conducive for making kick a$$ ice to play on.
I remember when I lived in Ontario how uncertain the season was.

Still dealing with this dang flu bug.
I don't know what's worse, no ice to fish on or lots of ice but too sick to fish it.

Today is the day of the year I hate the most.
No evening hockey games because of some lame footsball game.   :%$#!:

Next weekend is a whole 'nuther story though as Saturday is Hockey Day In Canada and there are crap loads of games on.
This year it's even better as it is hosted here in Yellowknife!!!!
Friday evening is the NHL alumni game and I have tickets to it.
Saturday is the big day and they will be broadcasting from down town beside city hall and overlooking Frame Lake where there will be a pond hockey tournament going on.   

I'll be sure to get lots of pics of the festivities. :)

If y'all can get Sportsnet or CBC be sure to tune in.
Maybe you'll see me.  ;D

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.