Author Topic: Time to shave the wool off & get ready for summer  (Read 1597 times)

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Time to shave the wool off & get ready for summer
« on: Feb 28, 2020, 12:41 AM »
I always let the face insulation grow for ice fishing. One year I shaved it off to earlier, went ice fishing and the next day one side of my face was droopin(Bells Palsy).

The Dr. said the cold wind blowing on my newly shaved face caused nerve damage making my side lip and eyelid droop. So since then I make sure ice fishing is over before I shave off the wool. I'm done hoping so its time to shave.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Offline RoeBoat

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Time to shave the wool off & get ready for summer
« Reply #1 on: Feb 28, 2020, 07:10 AM »
Interesting,  never heard of that happening before.  Two of my daughters had Bells Palsy, kinda scary when it happens.

Offline musky8it

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Time to shave the wool off & get ready for summer
« Reply #2 on: Mar 01, 2020, 10:34 PM »
Yep, the Dr. said the nerve along side of jaw was the cause of it and my face was protected all winter with the hair and when I shaved it off the wind chill blowing on my face caused it. Luckily it slowly got back to normal after about a month, it was no fun couldn't blink my eye and hard to eat.

FRANK SINATRA, The Hangover Survival Guide

"I feel sorry for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day."

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.