Author Topic: First Prep of the season!  (Read 3957 times)

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: First Prep of the season!
« Reply #30 on: Nov 19, 2020, 10:53 AM »
I just put some waterproofing on my Clam Bigfoot XL 2000.  Besides the obvious water proofing, i'm hoping this means it will dry out quicker since the water will bead and run off instead of absorbing into the fabric.  Fingers crossed for a mighty cold snap!

It definitely makes a difference. I scotchguard my shacks every year, well worth it!
Da Pack!

Offline jimhaney08

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #31 on: Nov 19, 2020, 03:36 PM »
Good to hear.  But every year!?!?  That seems like a lot.  But then again, I'm sure you have a much longer ice season up in Wisconsin than we do in Pennsylvania.
My Setup:  Otter XL sled on a smitty.  10" Strikemaster Lithium 50 Volt auger.  Clam Bigfoot XL 2000 hub.  Garmin Striker 5 Ice Bundle.

Offline Junkie4Ice

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #32 on: Nov 20, 2020, 06:46 AM »
Good to hear.  But every year!?!?  That seems like a lot.  But then again, I'm sure you have a much longer ice season up in Wisconsin than we do in Pennsylvania.

It's probably not necessary every year, but for $10 I figured it can't hurt. I tend to buy and sell my shacks every 3-4 years and by keeping them looking clean and new I get a good turn around on re-sale value.
Da Pack!

Offline Fisherman 1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Fish..the other white meat
« Reply #33 on: Nov 20, 2020, 05:14 PM »
I often wonder why people wait to clean carbs on sleds at the start of the season, clean them at the end of the season, then you're ready to go.  As for letting a seized motor sit there all summer,  the rush is on.

Offline bart

• Team IceShantyholic
  • I love you, Deb
« Reply #34 on: Dec 03, 2020, 02:49 PM »
Put on a mount for a shovel on the snowmobile. Hoping I'll never need it!

I have mounting brackets for the other side, we'll see... two-piece chisel? Tow strap?
"Many fish their entire lives without knowing that it is not fish they are after."-Henry David Thoreau
  Keep America Godly...

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.