Author Topic: u diehards will like this.........  (Read 7058 times)

fishguts.

Re: u diehards will like this.........
« Reply #30 on: Feb 09, 2004, 10:58 PM »
fished on that pier a few years back. it was a nice break from the cold.

Offline bushbunny

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • He who has the gold makes the rules!!!
« Reply #31 on: Feb 09, 2004, 11:29 PM »
Buddy should have been in Alberta last week.  We were fishing at -40C, and caught like never before!!!  The shack was quite comfortable, with the airtight stove going, and the beer flowing.  Boy, did the perch catch a lickin'.

Offline 2 dogs

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #32 on: Feb 10, 2004, 04:24 PM »
My Brother-in-law is a shrink in Austin TX but every weekend I send him some pictures of us on the ice along with the temperature and such. He shows it to all his psychiatrist and psychologist buddies and they have it diagnosed as mass mental psychosis brought on by too much cheese as a kid or being dropped repeatedly on the head as an infant. All I know is that even at below zero the ice beats setting home. The tough part is from mid March to mid April when the ice is too rotten to fish and too early to get the boat out. Then have to spend time with the little lady and you know how that goes. :D
Good thing about prisons- they reduce the potential number of fisherman on the ice!

Offline Lottie

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Pa. Goat Boy member
« Reply #33 on: Feb 12, 2004, 03:15 PM »
Jeez at anything over 32 deg. my friend and I break out the lounge chairs kick back and have pizza delivered. You should here the pizza shop get a kick out of that delivery!! They are getting used to us now.   

fishmann

« Reply #34 on: Feb 12, 2004, 03:21 PM »
It's about 8 F here right now. We have a two couples coming over on Sat to go out fishing. It's supposed to be 32-35 tmrw, so I'm taking the day off to prefish. Shirt sleeve weather!! ;D

Offline swampbuckster

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I.S. FOR LIFE! <(((((><|
« Reply #35 on: Feb 12, 2004, 05:55 PM »
You know, up in MI it has been cold latley. It's funny, when the temp gets into the 30's, it actually feels WARM to me. I always worry about the ice melting! I just get paranoid sometimes! ;D By the way, am I the only one having dreams that it is getting REALLY warm out? Almost every other night, I dream it is 50 degrees, and the snow and ice is just melting away  :-[ Man, those are nightmares!
You may call me crazy, but crazy catches fish!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.