IceShanty Main > General Ice Fishing Chit Chat

Lighter ice fishing suit

(1/2) > >>

badger132:
My Striker Predator is getting some holes work in it, and I am thinking about the next suit I should get. I like a float suit for late and early ice, but this suit is pretty stiff and heavy for waking around, so I am considering skipping flotation and wearing an inflatable vest when things are sketchy. The Predator is plenty warm for me, so is there something lighter and easier to walk in that people are happy with? It seems like now is the season to start looking for a replacement.

:tipup:

hardwater diehard:
Eskimo Scout pants ...80g of insulation . Also the Eskimo Keeper bibs are nice ...80g insulation . Both options have flotation .

jrjach75:
You could look at a suit with removable liners. I have an Ice Armor Ascent suit, and without the liners, it feels a lot lighter and easier to move around in, I'd guess the Striker Climate and Windrider Hayward suits are similar. You'd still get the flotation, which does add some insulated warmth, and the water/wind resistance and breathability of the ice suit. Downside is those are usually the most expensive suits.

fish/hunt4ever:
I like my windrider suit, had or still have my predator suit that the daughter wears, and I like the movement in the suit when I am out and about, might even be warmer than my striker suit.

thomasthepikehunter:
Inflatables do not work in the cold

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version