The Ice Fishing MA is board

Author Topic: Not good  (Read 1522 times)

Offline mrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
Not good
« on: Jan 12, 2022, 05:50 PM »
Did anyone here of someone going through at nine mile pond in wilbraham this afternoon

Hopefully everyone is ok

Offline sebago2jigtima

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Not good
« Reply #1 on: Jan 12, 2022, 05:55 PM »
not yet

Offline Dieseldog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Jan 12, 2022, 08:29 PM »
I drove by in the late morning and looked out at the pond. All was quiet then. Hope we find that no one went thru.
I plan to live forever. So far so good!

Offline ronbgood55

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 13, 2022, 06:19 AM »
That pond is always a problem with ice...The sun hits the area right around the boat ramp and 100 or so feet from the ramp is the deepest part of the pond and a brook enters of from your left of  the deep part.. I remember a EPO checked my Free Licence one time and he had me dump my bucket of fish out in the to check them out  while he was standing in 2" of slush in leather boots. I was fishing the deep part of the pond. He had a cold slushy walk back to the ramp.

Offline mrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 13, 2022, 10:06 AM »
I heard there were 2 guys fishing in front of the boat launch in the afternoon and later my son in law saw 2 fire trucks and an ambulance at the launch. If someone did go in hope they are ok

Offline Dieseldog

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 13, 2022, 04:57 PM »
Let’s hope it was Fire Rescue training. A couple years ago a small CT pond that I was ice fishing had an open hole with caution tape all around it right in front of the launch. My thoughts were that some one had fallen thru. Turned out that it was rescue training with divers going in to practice.
I plan to live forever. So far so good!

Offline mrip

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 13, 2022, 06:09 PM »
That makes sense I hope that’s what it was
I haven’t seen anything on the news so that’s good

Offline fishermantim

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 13, 2022, 10:29 PM »
Let’s hope it was Fire Rescue training. A couple years ago a small CT pond that I was ice fishing had an open hole with caution tape all around it right in front of the launch. My thoughts were that some one had fallen thru. Turned out that it was rescue training with divers going in to practice.

Saw the Westwood Fire and Police rescue squad training at Buckmaster Pond some years ago.
Walked over to check out the practice and asked one of the shore bound officers "who drew the short straw to get dunked?"
He said that they all wanted to be the one, but the guy in the dry suit was the name picked out of a hat.

I will say it is impressive to see the operation in action.
"I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy" - the Existential Blues

I am a legend in my own mind!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.