Author Topic: Pick one…….  (Read 2288 times)

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
Pick one…….
« on: Jul 31, 2021, 12:10 AM »
Pick out the store bought baby brush hog and the self made baby brush hog.

I think this mold nailed the zoom brush hog.

Offline lefty2053

• Team IceShantyholic
Re: Pick one…….
« Reply #1 on: Jul 31, 2021, 05:11 AM »
Pick out the store bought baby brush hog and the self made baby brush hog.

I think this mold nailed the zoom brush hog.
If one came from a mold you bought it sure did work good.
<===Lefty===

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #2 on: Jul 31, 2021, 08:57 PM »
Nice, hard to tell them apart, lots of people can't believe that mine are homemade.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #3 on: Jul 31, 2021, 10:18 PM »
One on the left is Made from the Basstackle mold. One on right is a store bought zoom.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #4 on: Jul 31, 2021, 10:23 PM »
Nice, looks great.

Online Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #5 on: Aug 01, 2021, 07:20 AM »
Nice job.  You need to make some in Green Pumpkin Magic color.. ;)
Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline hawg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Aug 01, 2021, 07:40 AM »
Is the plastic, flexibility and texture the same, that’s far more important than the looks.

Offline DR.SPECKLER

• Team IceShantyholic
  • find your own fish..
« Reply #7 on: Aug 01, 2021, 09:46 AM »
You can make plastic harder or softer than original manufactures.i know when i make yamamoto wacky worms i make them a tad tougher because original  yamamoto worms rip after a few fish.

Offline Fry Flier

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #8 on: Aug 01, 2021, 08:45 PM »
Either, nice work. Yours left side, how do I know....I do not it is only a guess.
May your tip-up spool while your flag raises with hopes of landing the big one.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #9 on: Aug 02, 2021, 01:12 AM »
Nice job.  You need to make some in Green Pumpkin Magic color.. ;)

Already have.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #10 on: Aug 02, 2021, 01:25 AM »
Is the plastic, flexibility and texture the same, that’s far more important than the looks.

Yes, no, maybe, whatever I want.

For this one, I was basically trying to make it has close to the Zoom manufactures as possible.

Only….I’ve found the zoom brush hogs to be all over. They are fairly soft plastic and infused with salt to help with the sink rate.

The problem….throw the zoom plastics in a bowl of water….they are all over the place…some sink some float some are neutral.

When I make mine, I always test them in a bowl of water to make sure they sink. If they don’t I remelt them and add more salt to the plastic.

Scent wise….I haven’t added anything since I put salt in them…..but really thinking about trying the coffee scent.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #11 on: Aug 02, 2021, 01:38 AM »
You can make plastic harder or softer than original manufactures.i know when i make yamamoto wacky worms i make them a tad tougher because original  yamamoto worms rip after a few fish.

When I was making some Yamamoto senko worms. I used the do it essential which seemed a bit stiff…then use MF super soft….wow it was limp and worked great….but shot in one fish.

Did remelts of the two together and it turned out about perfect for softness & durability.

Offline Oldbear

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #12 on: Aug 02, 2021, 04:55 AM »
     Looks  good from here.

Offline cwavs1982

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Aug 02, 2021, 07:37 AM »
Very nice job on these!  Been seeing a few videos on the process to do this now on Youtube. 
I do hunt, and I do fish, and I don't apologize to anybody for hunting and fishing - Norman Schwarzkopf

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #14 on: Aug 02, 2021, 05:29 PM »
Yes, no, maybe, whatever I want.

For this one, I was basically trying to make it has close to the Zoom manufactures as possible.

Only….I’ve found the zoom brush hogs to be all over. They are fairly soft plastic and infused with salt to help with the sink rate.

The problem….throw the zoom plastics in a bowl of water….they are all over the place…some sink some float some are neutral.

When I make mine, I always test them in a bowl of water to make sure they sink. If they don’t I remelt them and add more salt to the plastic.

Scent wise….I haven’t added anything since I put salt in them…..but really thinking about trying the coffee scent.

I use a few drops of crawfish scent in the bag after they're done, haven't added any to the plastic.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #15 on: Aug 02, 2021, 07:20 PM »
I use a few drops of crawfish scent in the bag after they're done, haven't added any to the plastic.

I was thinking about maybe doing a few coffe grinds into the hot plastic right before I shoot the mold......

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #16 on: Aug 02, 2021, 07:45 PM »
I was thinking about maybe doing a few coffe grinds into the hot plastic right before I shoot the mold......

Dam, that would probably work, can use scents in or on the plastic's, sounds like a great idea, something different, and I'm always looki for something different, think it works a bit better.

Offline Agronomist_at_IA

• Team IceShantyholic
  • Team Iowa!
« Reply #17 on: Aug 03, 2021, 04:10 PM »
Dam, that would probably work, can use scents in or on the plastic's, sounds like a great idea, something different, and I'm always looki for something different, think it works a bit better.

Yeah.....it's kinda funny.....when fishing in the pond, it seems like the fish learn what a lure is after using one for awhile and switching color or style seems to produce more bites.

Offline meandcuznalfy

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #18 on: Aug 03, 2021, 04:32 PM »
Yea, , I think they get educated after seeing the same thing so much, think I do pretty good at using something different than most people and seem to do a bit better than most also.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.