Alaska > Ice Fishing Alaska

Lake Louise Reports

<< < (9/10) > >>

Akhardwater:
Yeah no joke on that overflow.  It’s the over your boots kind of crap to so I will be staying on packed trails the rest of the season.  No fish is worth getting stuck in that crap.

kwackkillncrew:
pin it to win it!

J2theD:
When does everyone start pulling their shacks off the lake? As of a week and a half ago, mine was surrounded by overflow. I couldn't have pulled it out if I wanted to.

We are tentatively planning for April 24th or so. There was still a lot of ice and it doesn't seem like its been getting very warm in the area, so I think we will be ok...

Akhardwater:
Already pulled mine.  I’ve been packing down trails all season cause I knew the overflow would be a problem.  I wouldn’t wait to long, once evening temps stay above freezing the trails will turn to mush and you’ll likely need a boat motor to move it.  There is going to be a lot of water on the ice this year so be careful holes will open up out of nowhere.

J2theD:
Yeah, I normally pull it in late March but there was no chance we were going to be able to with the overflow situation around us. I am currently working out of town for a couple of weeks. My idea situation would be to hit it just right where I could get my truck out there and pull it. My shack is extremely heavy (lessons were learned with this build).

Do you know of anyone out there in the area with a SnoCat or tracked rig who would be willing to pull a shack for a price?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version