Massachusetts > Ice Fishing Massachusetts

Mascopic Tigers?

(1/1)

Coastie:
My old fishing grounds in Connecticut included Bantam Lake where I used to pull nice Northerns through the ice. Now I live in Dracut MA next to Mascopic Lake and I can't wait to try and coax a nice Tiger Muskie! Has any of you Iced here?, and have you pulled out any of it's Tigers? I'm Itchin to get out there!

Flash_King:
A few are iced each year from regulars that fish the lake all the time.I believe that a 15lb+ was taken last year.Very BUSY lake with snowmoblies and ATV's.Have seen in years past tigers laying on the ice from fishermen who thought they were pickerel!Checking Mass reports/locations would definitey give you better locations for pike through the ice.JMO

Coastie:
Thank you Flash King! I'm definitely going to venture out in search of good fishing spots. Mascopic is a convenience for me I learned this summer that the high idiot traffic made it tough fishing. If people are keeping undersize tigers I'll just have to try and educate them. I marked big fish at 25ft, Gotta try! Fortunately there is other water nearby if it's unbearable. I still need to find a place to get bait so I can leave this computer! Flash thank you again!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

Go to full version