Author Topic: IceShanty.com Rocks!!  (Read 3334 times)

grumpymoe

IceShanty.com Rocks!!
« on: Feb 16, 2005, 08:06 PM »
For some of us....we still have a long way to go before this awesome season ends...for those who's season is winding down....my sympathies!!!!...just want to thank Scott....the fellow mods...the super members...and the comraderie...the new friends...and great stories....Kudo's to all.....4 more weeks to get your entries in for bragging rights and stories to tell everyone.....Grump :clap: :clap: :clap:

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
  • R.I.P. Bobberstop 6-14-1944 ~ 7-21-2010
Re: IceShanty.com Rocks!!
« Reply #1 on: Feb 16, 2005, 08:15 PM »
you said it grump !! my sympathy goes out to those whose ice is fading  :'( maybe you can make your way over to Myfishfinder and start blowing the dust off things for us!! i hope i have 4 weeks of icefishing left but sure could use a coldsnap!!

Offline reubenpa

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #2 on: Feb 16, 2005, 08:38 PM »
I agree to everythign btu I am loking forward to open water but will take what ever we get!!!   if ice is still here in 3 weeks OK, but if open water were Friday then OK... OH it will be friday going to Seneca lake which never freezes !!!!! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D :D ;)

Offline UPSTATE ICEMASTER

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The Powers Of "FISH ATTRACTANT"
« Reply #3 on: Feb 16, 2005, 10:02 PM »
  :tipup:YEA THIS SITE IS THE SH*T :o I HAVE MET ALOT OF AWESOME NEW FISHIN PARTNERS AND HAVE READ ALOT OF GREAT INFO. OUR ICE IS GOING TO BE HERE FOR A WHILE STILL THATS GREAT CAUSE IM NOT READY TO GET OFF THE ICE YET :(  :tipup:

A BIG THANKS TO ALL THE GREAT FISHERMAN ON THIS SITE

UPSTATE ICEMASTER
" JUST TRYIN TO GET HER DONE"

Offline IceTroll

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Feb 16, 2005, 10:21 PM »
This site is a collection of some really awesome people and it truly does rock. My only wish is that I get to fish with some of the people I have met at this site someday. Would love to meet a bunch of ya up at Ft Peck Reservoir someday.

IceTroll
Being in the great outdoors is not a matter of life or death. Its far more important than that!

Offline TGF

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
  • I'm keeping my eye on you guys.....
« Reply #5 on: Feb 16, 2005, 11:04 PM »
You said it all Grump. Great bunch of people here. I met some recently and have made some new friends to fish with. Man you guys are starting to get me depressed a bit with all this talk about season ending. I will be on ice if I wish till May15 on one of my mountain lakes. My season is only half over.

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #6 on: Feb 17, 2005, 04:03 AM »
Thanks Scott. I don't need to tell you that you got one he!! of a mod crew too.  8)

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #7 on: Feb 17, 2005, 05:57 AM »
this pic is just some of the great people i have met on this awesome site...

Offline C.C.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • DO NOT BE AFRAID !!!!
« Reply #8 on: Feb 17, 2005, 06:57 AM »
Awsome pic. Billditrite, That's what I think this site is about. :clap:
       Jim

Offline TJC

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • LAKER TAKER
« Reply #9 on: Feb 17, 2005, 07:49 AM »
Hopefully I still have till April to icefish till. Usually April 1st is about the time when Northern NY gets to iffy for me. Just in time for the opening for Trout season for NY.

Offline southend517

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Saginaw Bay MI
« Reply #10 on: Feb 17, 2005, 08:29 AM »
I still have plenty of ice in Michigan I see atleast 3 weeks for me. (Just hope I can get out)
But the suckers start to run soon!  SUCKERFEST BABY!
Then the carp
perch
summer walleyes
and on
and on
and on
and on

Offline Waubay Fisher

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #11 on: Feb 17, 2005, 10:06 AM »
I don't do a whole lot of posting and haven't made any personal friends from IS.  HOWEVER, and notice I screamed when I said that  ;D , - I cannot stress how much I've learned from this site's members.  I'm on my 2nd season on the hardwater and wouldn't trade it for anything.  I'd say 80% of the reason I started ice fishing is b/c of the stuff I've read here, the stories I read, and all the great useful info I find.

Cheers to all and long-life the THE IceShanty!!

-WF.

Offline Tombo

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Ice Fishing Rulez!
« Reply #12 on: Feb 17, 2005, 10:37 AM »
You're right Grump-this is "the Best" site. I'm sure we've all ran the gamut of emotions here. We cried over Trev's dog, we laughed as Fishuhalik stirred the pot with his"I may get some flack over this " post and of course who could forget Trapper Dirk's loyalty to "Jiffy augers". But, most of all we all learned something, not only about ice fishing but-our fellow man. It really doesn't matter where we live,we all face the same problems and share the same joys.
Great bunch of folks on-board and I realise some of you will be leaving shortly to find open-water,just want to say "Thank You ".
Also a big "THANK-YOU" to all those involved in keeping this site running. :) :)
Tombo

Offline fozsey

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #13 on: Feb 17, 2005, 10:45 AM »
You're right Grump-this is "the Best" site. I'm sure we've all ran the gamut of emotions here. We cried over Trev's dog, we laughed as Fishuhalik stirred the pot with his"I may get some flack over this " post and of course who could forget Trapper Dirk's loyalty to "Jiffy augers". But, most of all we all learned something, not only about ice fishing but-our fellow man. It really doesn't matter where we live,we all face the same problems and share the same joys.
Great bunch of folks on-board and I realise some of you will be leaving shortly to find open-water,just want to say "Thank You ".
Also a big "THANK-YOU" to all those involved in keeping this site running. :) :)
Tombo

Tombo,

Trapper is really a good guy, honest. He is just a litlte misguided sometimes..... :roflmao:

The early bird might get the worm but the second mouse will always get the cheese...

Offline walleye1

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #14 on: Feb 17, 2005, 10:52 AM »
Good post Tombo. One thing I'd like to add about this site. It really amazes me how few pi$$ing matches you see on here. I frequent quite a few boards and I can say, in all honesty, that people get along better here than on any other site I've been to. Definitely says something about the quality of people that frequent 'The Shanty'!!   

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #15 on: Feb 17, 2005, 11:24 AM »
i agree this site is great i sit and talk all day since im outta work right now and stuck here with the kids and i can honestly say the advice ive learned from here has all been great and even better are the people ive meet from ice shanty keep up the great work all involved :tipup:

hell who else has 980 posts in a month ;)2  man i gotta get out more

Offline vancouvercanuck

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #16 on: Feb 17, 2005, 12:30 PM »

I think we have ourselves a new post whore, sorry billditrite, your losing your touch dude. :-X :-X ::)

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #17 on: Feb 17, 2005, 12:32 PM »
yeah i guess i am cause i didnt even get dinner first ;)2

Offline shrub

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • The secret to fishing: Fish where the fish are!
« Reply #18 on: Feb 17, 2005, 03:55 PM »
i just joned last month and i love it it makes those long week nights ween i wish i was fishing more barable, i just joined my fishfinder in preperation for the open water ( dont want the soson to end but i dont live in sibera and its  to end sometime :'() hope its half  as good as this site and i can get in one the touny( i was to late for this one) any body  know when you can start signing up? 

Betty and Lucey say "HI"!

Offline toguebuster

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Tomorrow is a another day!
« Reply #19 on: Feb 17, 2005, 04:20 PM »
well said this site is great ,a bunch of hard core anglers,the worlds largest coffeshop,where else can you shoot the sh** with so many talented and experienced fisherpeople.you can cut 20 yrs of experience off in one season with some of these hardwater nuts.! hats off :clap:
We do not own this land ......We are just borrowing it from our children!!!!!!!!!!!!

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #20 on: Feb 17, 2005, 05:19 PM »

I think we have ourselves a new post whore, sorry billditrite, your losing your touch dude. :-X :-X ::)

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #21 on: Feb 17, 2005, 05:20 PM »
lmao  :roflmao:

Offline loualbano

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • one tough day...........brrrrrrrrrrrrrr
« Reply #22 on: Feb 17, 2005, 05:46 PM »
someone's fingers hurt!!...lol

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #23 on: Feb 19, 2005, 03:13 PM »
 :clap: :bow:

That's for the mod team and the great folks here.

Archbishop, read carefully, TAKE THE KIDS FISHING!  ;D

Grump, isn't it a bit early to be talking like this?  I just got an extension for my auger last week.

To our more southerly members, come north, the ice is thicker here.

Our general season closes from end of March to mid-May (although trout remain open)...I will need that time to do some work on the old cars.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #24 on: Feb 19, 2005, 04:49 PM »
hes only 2 the wife wont let me take him yet he came out for a little while with her but i gotta be here for when the other 2 get home from school also :tipup:

Offline Thriller

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #25 on: Feb 19, 2005, 08:13 PM »
So you have to work out your timing...  ;)  Does your boss work outside the home?  What she doesn't know....

Was it Camofish that had the photo of the little one on the ice?  Perhaps others here could offer some advice.  Personally, I think fresh air and a bit of running around are better for kids than most other options.

Derek

God grant me the Serenity to accept the size of the fish I catch,
the Courage not to fib about it,
and the Wisdom to know that no one would believe me anyway.

gillsagain

« Reply #26 on: Feb 19, 2005, 11:04 PM »
Archbishop,
My mom always took us kids along. She used to put a puppy harness and 10 feet or so of clothesline on my little brother when he was 2.  :o I did the same with my kids.  :woot: Sounds crazy but it certainly keeps them safe.  That way you pay attention to whichever line is tugging ! I have 9 grandkids now and they all fish with me when they come back to Michigan.

Offline reelcharacter

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Bluegills, That's how it all got started . . .
« Reply #27 on: Feb 20, 2005, 12:18 AM »
I have to agree with Grump and all the rest, this is a truly great site!!!

For those who's hard water season is coming to a close, feel free to come on up here to Central New York, we got more than enough ice (and snow) to go around. (We are willing to share, and heck, you can even take some of it back with you . . .  )   ;D

Billditrite, Where and when was the photo taken?

Archbishop's posting prowess got me thinking about another topic:
You know you are addicted to IceShanty when . . .

(You can see this topic at):
http://www.iceshanty.com/ice_fishing/index.php?topic=22309.new#new

-Reelcharacter
PM me to swap information on fishing holes or to go fish'in sometime in the Syracuse Central NY area (Onondaga and Madison county water holes in particular).

Offline billditrite

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #28 on: Feb 20, 2005, 03:53 AM »
reelcharacter thats pic was taken on sabbatus pond in maine on feb5...

thriller show your wife this little guy. his name is ridge and he is the three year old son of loveice and this is his first northern which he landed all by himself!!!

Offline archbishop

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #29 on: Feb 20, 2005, 05:33 AM »
no having him in the great outdoors isnt the problem its that she came to visit and he took his first swim in the ice at 2 so she says no more for a while ill get him a life vest next year after she cools down and all will be good :tipup:

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.