Author Topic: online bait buying?  (Read 2362 times)

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
Re: online bait buying?
« Reply #30 on: Dec 25, 2011, 11:26 PM »
so, how would the EPO's know how long you've had the minnows?
Sorry for the wait on the reply. When you buy bait you must carry the time stamped reciept which also has quantity bought. I have never had a ECO or Forest Ranger count my bait but it's possible. jada is .net good luck and tight lines.

Offline backatit

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #31 on: Dec 26, 2011, 09:56 AM »
I just ordered 1000 of the mixed bright colored spikes from Knutsons, about choke on the shipping charges but I've never seen any colors except pink and white. Do you guys have any luck with the different colors?

Try the Krazy Dust.  I used it last year and it was great.

http://www.yourbobbersdown.com/accessories.html

Offline hnd

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #32 on: Dec 26, 2011, 01:06 PM »
I just ordered 1000 of the mixed bright colored spikes from Knutsons, about choke on the shipping charges but I've never seen any colors except pink and white. Do you guys have any luck with the different colors?
vados has different colors. they send you a mix unless you call them and order just 1 color.

Offline da man cave shack

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Drillin for a thrillin.
« Reply #33 on: Dec 26, 2011, 01:38 PM »
Colorful ones sound pretty cool. I might have to try some?

Offline 180 Pro

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #34 on: Dec 26, 2011, 03:41 PM »
I used to have very good success with the red spikes then the bait stores around here stopped handling them, something about them not lasting very long due to the dye. I'll have to order some of them from a supplier and see if they don't last as long as the regular ones.
Three-fourths of the Earth's surface is water, and one-fourth is land.  It is quite clear that the good Lord intended us to spend triple the amount of time fishing as taking care of the lawn.  ~Chuck Clark

Offline Mike47

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #35 on: Dec 27, 2011, 11:44 AM »
I just orderd 1000 wax worms, first time .
IMG]http://i1358.photobucket.com/albums/q762/MikeGoe49/lx001.jpg[/IMG]

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #36 on: Dec 27, 2011, 04:20 PM »
Take care of them and they will last you all season, and save you a lot of money and trips to the bait store. Change the saw dust or shavings once in a while, that hamster bedding works good. The moisture from condensation in the bedding from being out in the cold then bring back home or put in a warm pocket, will shorten there life considerably. keep them in dry bedding. I keep the waxies in my basement in a corner about 55f. Spikes you need to keep in the refrigerator about 45f or they will turn into fly's in no time.

Bullelk34

« Reply #37 on: Dec 27, 2011, 08:47 PM »
This is my first time ordering spikes in bulk, hope they last awhile. Some of you guys said to change the sawdust, I have a table saw so I will make my own. I have pine, and cedar, do they prefer one over the other?

Offline mote1977

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #38 on: Dec 27, 2011, 09:03 PM »
This is my first time ordering spikes in bulk, hope they last awhile. Some of you guys said to change the sawdust, I have a table saw so I will make my own. I have pine, and cedar, do they prefer one over the other?
I was told by an oldtimer not to store them in any type of pine sawdust or shavings. He claimed it will kill them. I'm not sure if there's any truth to it or not. I store mine in shavings from the pet store, aspen I believe, and i've had them last well into the summer as long as I keep them around 35 degrees.

Offline cast and blast

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #39 on: Dec 28, 2011, 01:27 PM »
Has anyone used rat tail maggots, AKA mousies?  Does anyone know where to get some.  I am in Montana.  They are great bait for rainbows and perch.  I tried to order from Wisconsin and they said it will be a month or more.

Offline eriksat1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • N.W. Wisconsin Goat
« Reply #40 on: Dec 28, 2011, 03:53 PM »
I hear they are a good bait, most places say to call them for availability, they must sell quick, or are harder to raise. I did some checking on them last year and you don't want to know how they are raised  :o  you might want to wash your hands before eating a sandwich after baiting with them. btw I got my order today from Vado's I placed my order on Sunday. 500 waxies and 1000 multi colored spike's, $22, plus $8 for shipping total $30. I'm set for the rest of the season now. The bait looks good, fresh, and all alive.

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #41 on: Dec 28, 2011, 06:48 PM »
I just got my order from Jada this mornin and since I orderd late on the 24th bet it didnt ship till monday. so verry fast shiping and I am very happy.

Offline Ranger_bound

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • NYS Ranger School Alum '09. SUNY ESF Alum '11
« Reply #42 on: Dec 28, 2011, 07:01 PM »
I just got my order from Jada this mornin and since I orderd late on the 24th bet it didnt ship till monday. so verry fast shiping and I am very happy.
I don't want to tell you I told you so but....you will be even happier when you get them on the ice  @)

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #43 on: Dec 28, 2011, 08:07 PM »
I don't want to tell you I told you so but....you will be even happier when you get them on the ice  @)
Its ok you can say it and I did get them on the ice and caught 12.

Offline Loggy

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #44 on: Jan 02, 2012, 06:39 AM »
JADA order arrived in 3 days after order.  Very pleased!! :tipup:

Offline Nozzlejocky

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Wisconsin...where God goes to relax!
« Reply #45 on: Jan 02, 2012, 07:12 PM »
I've been ordering from them for a few years and have always been very please with all aspects of the purchase.  Decent pricing, fast shipping, lively and long-lived bait make for a happy me.

Offline ckfish

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #46 on: Jan 02, 2012, 07:57 PM »
I ordered on sunday got em on friday all the way to ny during christmas and they were extremely lively(250 waxies). I'm very satisfied.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.