Ice Fishing Tips -Check your local regulations! > Catfish

Favorite Lure for Cats-Success photos

<< < (2/3) > >>

Oldfart:
I catch a lot of cats but you got yourself a good one there! :o :o :o

Jerry1492:
Thanks Adammd, I appreciate your information about catching cats through the ice.

mt.redneck:
I have caught them on both maggots and frozen minnows at the pondoor I fish for them at. Kept the baits within a foot of the bottom and they have only hit dead rods. I catch them on the outside of an area that I usually do pretty well at for perch. I would love to find numbers of them cause they fight so well but only get about 1 threw the ice a season

Monticatgeek:
The one place I fish channel cats I like to use chicken livers, minnow heads or whole minnows. one of my rods is set up with a plain glow hook and on that I put a whole crappie minnow. this particular chain of lake will produce not only catfish on this but crappies, walleyes, and even once and awhile I will hook a aggressive bull bluegill that will hit the minnow too. on my other rod I like to run something like a rattlin flyer spoon or a time bomb spoon with a minnow head only on it.

panfishman13:
i mostly catch them on small jigging spoons crammed full of waxworms. particularly fond of the northland buckshot rattle spoon.
the cats i get aren't really anything to brag about size-wise, but they're a lot of fun on panfish tackle

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version