Author Topic: Newfound Circus Season 2019  (Read 63356 times)

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: Newfound Circus Season 2019
« Reply #480 on: Jan 17, 2020, 03:31 PM »
It would be a great time. All cell phones will be shut off or left in the trucks.  >:(
That's how and where my smaht phone stays 99.8% of the time!
Miss my flip phone (only when I need it).

Great pic of the dark side crew.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #481 on: Jan 17, 2020, 06:45 PM »
That's how and where my smaht phone stays 99.8% of the time!
Miss my flip phone (only when I need it).

Great pic of the dark side crew.
I still have a flip phone... work issue.. I do have a Samsung "smart" phone, and it IS smarter than.me.
"A mans got to know his limitations"

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #482 on: Jan 17, 2020, 07:16 PM »
I still have a flip phone... work issue.. I do have a Samsung "smart" phone, and it IS smarter than.me.
My smaht phone has one of those foreign sounding or computer generated names too, Joe. Definitely smahter than me too.
I much preferred my flip phone! You didn't have to push 6 buttons or swipe or push mini keys to wait for it to warm up.
The only reason I switched was to save 40 bucks a month for something I don't use.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #483 on: Jan 17, 2020, 07:48 PM »
My smaht phone has one of those foreign sounding or computer generated names too, Joe. Definitely smahter than me too.
I much preferred my flip phone! You didn't have to push 6 buttons or swipe or push mini keys to wait for it to warm up.
The only reason I switched was to save 40 bucks a month for something I don't use.

Aint that the truth.. my only problem is everyone I fish with is younger than me by 2 deacades, they all text, texting with a flip phone sucks.

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #484 on: Jan 17, 2020, 09:44 PM »
Aint that the truth.. my only problem is everyone I fish with is younger than me by 2 deacades, they all text, texting with a flip phone sucks.
Texting...That's another club I'm staying out of...  :whistle:

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #485 on: Jan 18, 2020, 05:33 AM »

I have a flip phone which I have flipped against the wall a few times.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #486 on: Jan 18, 2020, 09:15 AM »
Many of my cell phones have committed suicide by bouncing off walls. A few have drowned themselves. My wife keeps replacing them. Tells me I need it.
**censored**! I survived for 30 years in my wildest days without one.

Haha...I think SHE needs it (to keep track of you)
On another note, didn’t we all survive the olden days without all these gadgets...?

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #487 on: Jan 18, 2020, 02:14 PM »
I survived for 30 years in my wildest days without one.
:clap: :bow:
Ain't that the truth!
I spent many winter days out in the woods alone with a pair of horses and chain saws. There was only one time, I wished I 'could call a friend", but managed to get myself out.

Offline mowbizz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #488 on: Jan 21, 2020, 01:47 PM »
I see the "3 amigos" have their houses out on Newfound...I guess the games have begun, if quietly.  ;)

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #489 on: Jan 21, 2020, 01:56 PM »

I would, but there is one guy, we both know that LOVES to text...

FWIW... I think both my daughters left home because I REFUSED to have more than one phone in the house, and at that it was in the kitchen... hard to believe, but it wasn't all that many years ago there was no cell phones.... if I lost my phone tomorrow, my life wouldn't change, I still don't wear a wrist watch... the sun and moon are my real time clock.

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #490 on: Jan 21, 2020, 04:07 PM »
Hey remember when you had to get up to change the channel on the TV? Then adjust the rabbit ears? Get up early in the morning to deliver papers? Call girls on a rotary phone instead of texting them? Use a can opener to open our beers? Flip over a record album over to listen to the other side? Sorry about aging us.

Offline sebago2jigtima

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #491 on: Jan 21, 2020, 04:16 PM »
Hey remember when you had to get up to change the channel on the TV? Then adjust the rabbit ears? Get up early in the morning to deliver papers? Call girls on a rotary phone instead of texting them? Use a can opener to open our beers? Flip over a record album over to listen to the other side? Sorry about aging us.
too funny , i remember  ;D

Offline Lv2hunt

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Don't get your Shanty pantys in a bunch!!
« Reply #492 on: Jan 21, 2020, 09:00 PM »
Don't forget actually having to go outside in your slippers to start your car in the morning
Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day teach him how to fish and he will sit there and drink all day!!

Offline Badder

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #493 on: Jan 21, 2020, 09:05 PM »
Don't forget actually having to go outside in your slippers to start your car in the morning
Umm I still do this. nLOL
SPIN 2 WIN!

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #494 on: Jan 22, 2020, 07:45 AM »

Thanks for the trip down memory lane,  I don't miss rabbit ears, I still watch old  episodes of gun smoke in black and white.

I still have a box of 8 tracks  and an old 8 track player out my 67 barracuda.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #495 on: Jan 22, 2020, 07:47 AM »

Unlike those days, I know that my truck will actually start.

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #496 on: Jan 22, 2020, 07:59 AM »
Thanks for the trip down memory lane,  I don't miss rabbit ears, I still watch old  episodes of gun smoke in black and white.

I still have a box of 8 tracks  and an old 8 track player out my 67 barracuda.

I've got a 76 Camaro that I've had since high school, thats waiting patiently for a restoration. It still has the factory 8 track, the one and only tape I had is still in it... Smoke on the water..
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline meatandmetal

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #497 on: Jan 22, 2020, 08:03 AM »
I've got a 76 Camaro that I've had since high school, thats waiting patiently for a restoration. It still has the factory 8 track, the one and only tape I had is still in it... Smoke on the water..

Offline 800stealth

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #498 on: Jan 22, 2020, 08:16 AM »
That's the one.
"May your lines be tight and never be tangled" (old Frankish Proverb)  Guinea 2021

Offline Capt. Black

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • "Deserves got nothing to do with it."
« Reply #499 on: Jan 22, 2020, 04:36 PM »

"A fire in the sky!"    I may have listen to that album a couple times.

Offline JIGGIN-

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Go Go Get Em!
« Reply #500 on: Jan 23, 2020, 11:46 AM »
WOW!!!! This thread has taken a left turn! Too Funny!!! I leave for a bit and look what happened. Thanks for keeping the thread alive. Enjoyed the posts and still cracking up.

Yes I've joined Instagram. There is a long story behind it but basically my wife thinks I'm too immature for any social media so she is starting me out slow and I need to prove her wrong, that i have actually matured.
No Facebook yet or any other social media, just Instagram.
Honestly, i haven't gotten into any trouble yet, so far so good. ;) I surprise myself sometimes.

Needless to say i know nothing about social media but I have a plan......My plans are to go virus on social media.
Slow and steady, one at a time.

First take over Instagram, (In process...CHECK).
Then bump over to My Space.
Then transfer over to Tweeter.
Eventually if I do good, I can join (sit on my) Face Book but my ultimate goal is to get onto that fishing site Plenty of Fish. Heard they post up a lot of pics etc....must be a good site just due to the name alone.

If your interested, You can find me on Instagram: Jiggin69 (go figure right?!?!?), I've been posting up my early 2019 / 2020 ice fishing season (started this season on Nov 17th and been going since), had the last 3 weeks in Dec off and some lake trout fishing on Newfound. I think there might be some bait trapping vids from this past fall as well. Nothing earth shattering, just what I've been up to in terms of ice fishing.

Anywho...I'll be on here from time to time, Your welcome to keep posting on this thread as I thought it was pretty entertaining. Thanks again.

Cheers to all and safe 2020 ice fishing season!

Jiggin.

Offline sebago2jigtima

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #501 on: Jan 23, 2020, 11:57 AM »
lol, miss reading all of u guys post,ur lucky to have a good group up there that stick together and help each other out
good luck with ur social media as im sure u will do well
watch out if u go virus !
good luck this season, and hoping the next  nh touge record will be out of newfound !  :o
by one of the circus, of course  :thumbsup: :icefish: :icefish: :icefish:

Offline Coffin Dodger

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #502 on: Jan 23, 2020, 12:34 PM »
I would, but there is one guy, we both know that LOVES to text...

FWIW... I think both my daughters left home because I REFUSED to have more than one phone in the house, and at that it was in the kitchen... hard to believe, but it wasn't all that many years ago there was no cell phones.... if I lost my phone tomorrow, my life wouldn't change, I still don't wear a wrist watch... the sun and moon are my real time clock.
Yep, I know the guy of which you speak.  ;) I do hear from him occasionally. No idea if his "texts" are what's going to my e-mail? Can that even happen?? We'll have to ask him. ;D
Re: your daughters Joe, maybe that's a good thing? I trust their doing well out on their own? Too many adult kids living under their parent's roof today, IMO.

Yeah, thanks Denny. I don't miss changing those three channels either. For a while, I had younger brothers that would mess with the rabbit ears until the novelty wore off.
I watch Gun smoke reruns too, Joe. Right now, it's fun watching Matt when he was 40 years younger than we are now.  :)

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #503 on: Jan 23, 2020, 12:51 PM »
Yep, I know the guy of which you speak.  ;) I do hear from him occasionally. No idea if his "texts" are what's going to my e-mail? Can that even happen?? We'll have to ask him. ;D
Re: your daughters Joe, maybe that's a good thing? I trust their doing well out on their own? Too many adult kids living under their parent's roof today, IMO.   
Yeah, thanks Denny. I don't miss changing those three channels either. For a while, I had younger brothers that would mess with the rabbit ears until the novelty wore off.
I watch Gun smoke reruns too, Joe. Right now, it's fun watching Matt when he was 40 years younger than we are now.  :)

you Know CD, once I made the last payment on their collage tuition.. I haven't heard from them since, well except to pay for weddings...

Offline jpease

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #504 on: Jan 23, 2020, 01:17 PM »
I have a daughter turning one on a month.... You guys are giving me a lot to look forward to....

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #505 on: Jan 23, 2020, 01:24 PM »
Lollll same! My daughters are 12 and 9 I hope they don’t forget me in a few years :-\ I kinda like them around
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Offline Roccus

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #506 on: Jan 23, 2020, 02:01 PM »
Lollll same! My daughters are 12 and 9 I hope they don’t forget me in a few years :-\ I kinda like them around

getting right to the age when the trouble begins... mine weren't THAT  bad I had two boys to keep the "gentleman" callers at bay... and they let it be known the old man was none too stable.

Offline DConICE

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #507 on: Jan 23, 2020, 02:11 PM »
WOW!!!! This thread has taken a left turn! Too Funny!!! I leave for a bit and look what happened. Thanks for keeping the thread alive. Enjoyed the posts and still cracking up.

Yes I've joined Instagram. There is a long story behind it but basically my wife thinks I'm too immature for any social media so she is starting me out slow and I need to prove her wrong, that i have actually matured.
No Facebook yet or any other social media, just Instagram.
Honestly, i haven't gotten into any trouble yet, so far so good. ;) I surprise myself sometimes.

Needless to say i know nothing about social media but I have a plan......My plans are to go virus on social media.
Slow and steady, one at a time.

First take over Instagram, (In process...CHECK).
Then bump over to My Space.
Then transfer over to Tweeter.
Eventually if I do good, I can join (sit on my) Face Book but my ultimate goal is to get onto that fishing site Plenty of Fish. Heard they post up a lot of pics etc....must be a good site just due to the name alone.

If your interested, You can find me on Instagram: Jiggin69 (go figure right?!?!?), I've been posting up my early 2019 / 2020 ice fishing season (started this season on Nov 17th and been going since), had the last 3 weeks in Dec off and some lake trout fishing on Newfound. I think there might be some bait trapping vids from this past fall as well. Nothing earth shattering, just what I've been up to in terms of ice fishing.

Anywho...I'll be on here from time to time, Your welcome to keep posting on this thread as I thought it was pretty entertaining. Thanks again.

Cheers to all and safe 2020 ice fishing season!

Jiggin.

Good to hear from you Jiggin, glad to hear the circus is alive and well and just using  a different style tent.

Hopefully you are still monitoring 5.5 so we can listen to the show and  reach out if we happen to make it up to the lake.

Have a great season...

Offline jethro

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #508 on: Jan 23, 2020, 02:30 PM »
my wife thinks I'm too immature for any social media

She's right!!

my ultimate goal is to get onto that fishing site Plenty of Fish. Heard they post up a lot of pics etc....must be a good site just due to the name alone.

I'm on that site, lot's of pictures of big pigs, largemouths, slime darts... great place to get yourself smelling fishy, you'll love it. Your wife, maybe not so much.
Quote- fishslap: I use a variety:  whistlin' bungholes, spleen splitters, whisker biscuits, honkey lighters, hoosker doos, hoosker don'ts, cherry bombs, nipsy daisers, with or without the scooter stick, or one single whistlin' kitty chaser

Ice safety link: http://lakeice.squarespace.com/

Offline AQUAASSASSIN

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #509 on: Jan 23, 2020, 02:51 PM »
getting right to the age when the trouble begins... mine weren't THAT  bad I had two boys to keep the "gentleman" callers at bay... and they let it be known the old man was none too stable.

No boys here, but put a check mark on the none to stable I’ll clue ya
You count your years by the Winters.

It’s not being Cocky if you can back it up.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.