New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1027194 times)

Offline RedWolfUSAF

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #1260 on: Feb 18, 2018, 04:47 PM »
Fished out of Lewis - no issues.  Solid ice and no slush to be found as of noon today.  Maybe 3" of snow on the ice.

An IceGeek sighting!!! Nice!
Don't Stand Outside too long......

Offline IceGeek

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1261 on: Feb 19, 2018, 02:26 AM »

Offline mcully

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1262 on: Feb 19, 2018, 05:54 AM »
To me that’s a perfect day
Said the same thing to buddy I was fishing with. Beware the burbot are on the shoals. Friend popped three yesterday tangling everything up. The profanity I heard from his shanty was not for young ears but we were all alone where we were. Blade baits had to be pulled to bring fish in.

Online filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1263 on: Feb 19, 2018, 06:07 AM »

Mcully I know guys that eat them but they sure can make a mess,  slimy buggers ,

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1264 on: Feb 19, 2018, 06:09 AM »
if  you  got a  dead  stick  next to ya  those  lawyers  are a  pain 

Offline trapper2000

• Team IceShantyholic
« Reply #1265 on: Feb 19, 2018, 06:12 AM »
I  carry a  cheap pair  of  those  jersey gloves   for  handling  slimmers ......  after a  week  of  fishing  toss them and get a  fresh pair out  of the  bag

Offline fishshack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #1266 on: Feb 19, 2018, 07:58 AM »
Nice job on the weekend catches guys!!  I got out last night. Tried a few different spots. Just one keeper and dropped one. Not marking as many in my spots and the few I do mark are tough to get to commit.

Gee!!!  Just looked at the 7 day forecast it doesn’t go below freezing at any point. Upper 60s.  WTH......it’s February!!!!

Offline bigdub22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1267 on: Feb 19, 2018, 08:16 AM »
Anyone know why they are called lawyers.......kuz their ass is near their hearts!

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Carpeted boat + rough water = RUGBURN
« Reply #1268 on: Feb 19, 2018, 08:18 AM »
That would have made for a good riddle, if you didn't tell us the answer.... :P

Offline bigdub22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1269 on: Feb 19, 2018, 08:22 AM »
Ya sorry.  Guess i should left a little suspense.

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1270 on: Feb 19, 2018, 09:24 AM »
On a side note, watched my bud drop his IPhone down the hole this weekend. $600 clams down the drain! Never seen a guy move so fast, almost got it but ended up with a wet sleeve. It did have a waterproof cover, but it doesn't float. We were able to call it and leave a nasty message!  :%$#!:

Offline Chowdaire

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1271 on: Feb 19, 2018, 09:29 AM »
The eyes I got this morning were smaller and perch were bigger and more aggressive than yesterday. Wish those perch were there yesterday. I didnt want to clean anything today so just played around for a couple of hours and tossed ‘em all back.

I’m one of the guys who eats burbot but still haven’t gotten my chance this year. Caught one and it was on a day I wasn’t keeping anything.

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1272 on: Feb 19, 2018, 09:36 AM »
Sorry your bud lost his phone but OMG Rugburn that is hilarious that you called the cell phone on the bottom of the lake! Imagine if you had a camera.  ;D

Offline sodussut

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #1273 on: Feb 19, 2018, 09:40 AM »
Imagine if somebody answered? ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline chubrock

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1274 on: Feb 19, 2018, 09:41 AM »
End up keeping 37 nice perch yesterday with my buddy out of Williams. No eyes. Sad to say this might be my last time out for the year with the forecast that is coming in and going on vacation in the beginning of March. Happy to say that every time I went out this year I never got skunked. Be careful everyone this week.
Bait it. Jig it. Hook it.

Offline Rugburn

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1275 on: Feb 19, 2018, 09:46 AM »
Sorry your bud lost his phone but OMG Rugburn that is hilarious that you called the cell phone on the bottom of the lake! Imagine if you had a camera.  ;D

We tried to figure out how to remotely turn on the camera, then try and snag it, no dice. Do they make a waterproof floating cover? I suggested a lanyard, he could wear it.

Offline fishshack

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Hardwater Nut!
« Reply #1276 on: Feb 19, 2018, 09:51 AM »
My friend also dropped his phone in last trip out. I saw on Facebook where someone else lost there’s too.  They’re  going to have to redraw the lake contour maps soon to show all the new iPhone shoals.

Offline burningdownthehouse

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1277 on: Feb 19, 2018, 10:08 AM »
End up keeping 37 nice perch yesterday with my buddy out of Williams. No eyes. Sad to say this might be my last time out for the year with the forecast that is coming in and going on vacation in the beginning of March. Happy to say that every time I went out this year I never got skunked. Be careful everyone this week.

ditto on the warm-up...think she's going to go downhill faster than usual

I fished out of Williams this morning with my father. We landed plenty of perch, but nothing really worth keeping. There were a dozen or so "well...I'm getting the knife dirty so I'll keep it" sized perch but we didn't have any tanks on the ice yet so back down the hole they went. Nice weather and ice fishing with my dad made it a worthwhile trip for me.

Offline Looper

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1278 on: Feb 19, 2018, 11:55 AM »
The Gotsnowcams.com page is showing open water on the Bridgeport link.

Anyone been near here in person, is there really that much open water today?

http://www.gotsnowcams.com/gotsnowcams.htm

Offline Zeker259

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1279 on: Feb 19, 2018, 12:12 PM »
The Gotsnowcams.com page is showing open water on the Bridgeport link.

Anyone been near here in person, is there really that much open water today?

http://www.gotsnowcams.com/gotsnowcams.htm

That is right where Chittenango/Limestone/Butternut creeks flow into the lake. Should really open up over the next 3 days. That is a "live" shot. Stay clear.

Fishy, Fishy down the hole. Please come here and bend my pole. I jig and jig you take my hook and then I take you home to cook.

Offline Loudmouth879

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • When you find your passion pursue it like crazy
« Reply #1280 on: Feb 19, 2018, 12:29 PM »
My friend also dropped his phone in last trip out. I saw on Facebook where someone else lost there’s too.  They’re  going to have to redraw the lake contour maps soon to show all the new iPhone shoals.

IceShanty Tournament 1st Place Muskie 2012
ISNY Tournament 2nd Place Crappie 2013, 2n

FISHFORPIKE

« Reply #1281 on: Feb 19, 2018, 01:02 PM »
I  carry a  cheap pair  of  those  jersey gloves   for  handling  slimmers ......  after a  week  of  fishing  toss them and get a  fresh pair out  of the  bag
I do that.  Used to keep the dirty ones in a plastic ziplock and take them home to be washed once a month.  Wife did not appreciate it all.  Now I toss them like Trapp.  :P

Offline hardwater61

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Rock Doc on MFF
« Reply #1282 on: Feb 19, 2018, 02:15 PM »
I do that.  Used to keep the dirty ones in a plastic ziplock and take them home to be washed once a month.  Wife did not appreciate it all.  Now I toss them like Trapp.  :P
Wash them when she is not home! ;)2
Wayne W.

Offline jimbo13

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1283 on: Feb 19, 2018, 03:52 PM »
On a side note, watched my bud drop his IPhone down the hole this weekend. $600 clams down the drain! Never seen a guy move so fast, almost got it but ended up with a wet sleeve. It did have a waterproof cover, but it doesn't float. We were able to call it and leave a nasty message!

Rugburn , BEEN THER DONE THAT !!!, what a sickening feeling watching that sucker flutter on down to the bottom like a # 5 jigging Rap. and the pisser is I still get my balls busted years later . Sorry to your friend, better luck w/ the next one

Offline bassmanNG

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #1284 on: Feb 19, 2018, 04:34 PM »
Fished out of Taft today, 2 miles south moved 6 times 1 short, and 1 perch.  Had friends up from pa.  Disappointed

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #1285 on: Feb 19, 2018, 04:49 PM »
fished east first time in a few weeks.........ice was awesome in the morning but getting wet after lunch......brought home 20 perch.....some jumbos and some 9"ers....finicky, for a day when a warm front was coming in,IMO......have had worse days though ;)

Offline moosefeet

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #1286 on: Feb 19, 2018, 05:55 PM »
On a side note, watched my bud drop his IPhone down the hole this weekend. $600 clams down the drain! Never seen a guy move so fast, almost got it but ended up with a wet sleeve. It did have a waterproof cover, but it doesn't float. We were able to call it and leave a nasty message!  :%$#!:
Friggen social media!! If he wasn't playing on the damn thing wouldn't have been an issue....

Offline Raquettedacker

• IceShanty Mod Team
  • Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #1287 on: Feb 19, 2018, 06:01 PM »
We tried to figure out how to remotely turn on the camera, then try and snag it, no dice. Do they make a waterproof floating cover? I suggested a lanyard, he could wear it.

Strangers stopping strangers just to shake there hand.
         The successful life were living has us feuding like the Hatfields and McCoys...
Pro Staff Member "Team Loser"

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #1288 on: Feb 19, 2018, 06:11 PM »
omg.....that was awesome....and it still worked.....crazy

Offline reeleyz

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #1289 on: Feb 19, 2018, 06:42 PM »
Hilarious!!!