New York Ice Fishing sponsored by

Author Topic: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS  (Read 1024908 times)

Offline choo choo

• Team IceShanty Addict
Re: ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARDS
« Reply #630 on: Jan 23, 2018, 05:30 AM »
Thanks DeadEyez and reeleyz....great walleye bite this year. Been watching the posts on here this year and you 2 guy's along with scout chowd, moose and a bunch others have been on fire with amazing consistent numbers for weeks now...great job by you local guys..... North shore, south shore, east end and west end, ....mid depths , deep depths and even some shallower depths , all producing fish.....darn I wish I lived closer .

Great picture of your Mom with the eyes reeleyz...congrats to her too.
My boots on some ice... A line down a hole...Some fish on the screen... And a flag in the air !......Winter is Good !!

Offline DeadEyez

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #631 on: Jan 23, 2018, 06:18 AM »
Thanks Bob! Sure has been. glad to have the work, but sure wouldn't mind a week of fishin every day lol.
I hear ya there Eddie! Gotta keep the WIFI on is what I tell the kids 😂
NORTH SHORE ONEIDA LAKE DIEHARD

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #632 on: Jan 23, 2018, 07:48 AM »
Can someone please tell me where I can get on where the walk won't be so bad . Thank you
just about any spot along the north shore.  the drop isnt far from any of the parking lots (jewel, godfrey point, apps bait). there was only a few inches of snow left on sunday and im sure most of it is gone by now

Offline Squeakysteve

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #633 on: Jan 23, 2018, 09:01 AM »
Does anyone have any predictions on ice for this weekend ? Got the itch bad

Offline Mancaveburnett

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #634 on: Jan 23, 2018, 09:50 AM »
Plenty of ice

Offline mdm25549

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #635 on: Jan 23, 2018, 09:57 AM »
Another good story from Oneida for me yesterday. I went out of apps and fished along the north shore. Caught probably 15 walleyes with most being shorts however did get a limit and about 10 nice perch. Plenty of ice and nice conditions. My new to me snowmobile which never showed a sign of issue was with me and on the ride back in completely died. Engine seemed seized up, however did get it running again but still couldn’t move it. It would die when you give it the gas. A nice guy named Scott came and towed my stuff in on his sled and then towed me in. If you’re on here thanks again. Then in the parking lot I had to manage a touring sled up onto a tilt trailer. Several strangers and rick from apps all helped push her on. Fishing was good the trip was bad but the people were great. If you helped me and read this you’re very appreciated. Apps has my business. Shoreline was a little busted right at the point off apps and the slush was getting bad when I left so be careful out there.

Offline billybob851

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #636 on: Jan 23, 2018, 10:11 AM »
thank you is there public parking there . I want to bring my 10 year old son .
yes they all have public parking. apps fills up quick but great place for bait and info, but godfrey point boat launch has a ton of parking

Offline Squeakysteve

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #637 on: Jan 23, 2018, 10:37 AM »
Plenty of ice

Fingers crossed. Going to get my first Oneida  limit I can feel it

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #638 on: Jan 23, 2018, 11:12 AM »
Fished this morning,ice is good but it sure is different without snow on it. Cracks everywhere and the water on top of it is spooky. Nice limit of eyes and few shorts. Perch turned on at 10 30 and my battery for my marcum died at 11 30 so call it a day.

Offline bigfish1212

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #639 on: Jan 23, 2018, 11:43 AM »
Looking for a recommendation on a cheap place to stay I don't need a whole lot just somewhere to sleep as close as possible to fishing. It would be my first time going to the lake would be bringing a machine so we can travel.

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #640 on: Jan 23, 2018, 11:59 AM »
Creepers are must until we get more snow,slippery today but tomorrow will be dangerous slippery

Offline hot_spot18

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #641 on: Jan 23, 2018, 12:14 PM »
Hi All! 

I am hoping to take up to 10 teenagers from the CanTeen out for their first ice fishing trip during the DEC's free fishing weekend on Feb. 18 (the sign up sheet just got put out today, so I don't have details yet on numbers).  I've been ice fishing for several years, and I've got some potential volunteers lined up, but my goal is to make it as fun and hopefully successful as possible.  I'd like for them to have access to flashers or underwater cameras to make it a bit more interactive and exciting for them, and I may need some extra rods depending on the number of kids we get signed up.  If you are in anyway interested in helping us or meeting us out there please let me know via PM.  Thanks so much!

Trip is 8:00AM-1:00PM, We will most likely be targeting perch out of Williams but Chapman is an option as well depending on reports and conditions. 

Offline oneida1

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #642 on: Jan 23, 2018, 12:24 PM »
she is going to be slick  no snow left a lil water bring your greepers

Offline H2O-32

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #643 on: Jan 23, 2018, 01:41 PM »
2:35pm big wall of gusty wind just came thru here in camillus, probably headed your way. Batten down your hatches if u are out....over.

Offline oldbuck

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • usmc 1972-1976
« Reply #644 on: Jan 23, 2018, 04:27 PM »
I want to fish out of Godfrey on Saturday.  How far from buttom do you guys set your tip ups . Never fished hard water  at Oneida.  Thanks to all
Ive never had much luck with tip ups on Oneida. I always have a couple jiggin rods and some jiggin raps. with that being said the walleyes and perch are right on bottom on my fish finder so id say about a foot off bottom.

Offline Zeker259

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #645 on: Jan 23, 2018, 06:00 PM »
Is the ice deep enough for a gas auger  or will a hand do

Bring it.   :thumbsup:

:tipup: :tipup: :tipup: :icefish:
Fishy, Fishy down the hole. Please come here and bend my pole. I jig and jig you take my hook and then I take you home to cook.

Offline IceLabrador

• Team IceShanty Regular
  • Lead me to all of your secret spots or I'll bite!
« Reply #646 on: Jan 23, 2018, 06:24 PM »
Was cutting over a foot of ice on the east end Sunday. 

Offline stasui

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #647 on: Jan 23, 2018, 08:41 PM »
Gas power is not essential but makes life easier there was atleast 10 " on north shore this past weekend

Offline perch chacer

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #648 on: Jan 23, 2018, 10:06 PM »
I want to fish out of Godfrey on Saturday.  How far from buttom do you guys set your tip ups . Never fished hard water  at Oneida.  Thanks to all
Leave the tip-ups home and concentrate on jigging with jigging raps tipped with minnow or minnow head.

Offline TeeBugg

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #649 on: Jan 23, 2018, 11:15 PM »
Any info on big bay? Might head that way this weekend. Never fished onieda before,  and really like to try for some gills!
"Quit whining and go fishing!"

Offline scout57

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • life's to short,lets go ice fishin'
« Reply #650 on: Jan 24, 2018, 05:20 AM »
anybody venturing out today use caution.....wind is cranking here on south shore.......I am sure the lake is like an ice skating rink.......if you don't anchor everything down it will end up at the beach

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #651 on: Jan 24, 2018, 05:31 AM »
Leave the tip-ups home and concentrate on jigging with jigging raps tipped with minnow or minnow head.
X2 On the jigging , and try some spoons like Kastmasters ,and stay mobile

Offline Spikehorn11

• Team IceShanty Addict
« Reply #652 on: Jan 24, 2018, 05:35 AM »
I know some of my buds are getting females....but only males for me too PP.

For 2 weeks all I caught was males, then this weekend all I caught was females.

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #653 on: Jan 24, 2018, 06:08 AM »
I’ve been getting mostly males,about 2 to 1. Some males are as big around as females. No fishing today

Offline sportsmenoftheyear

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #654 on: Jan 24, 2018, 06:57 AM »
the easy bite was not there yesterday.  marked very few unlike the weekend.  fished out of godfrey

Offline Chuck66

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #655 on: Jan 24, 2018, 07:56 AM »
Any new reports on Lewis point? Has there been a lot machines out , we’re headed up for weekend to get some more teeth lol. Be safe guys and tight lines

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #656 on: Jan 24, 2018, 07:57 AM »
Fished this morning,ice is good but it sure is different without snow on it. Cracks everywhere and the water on top of it is spooky. Nice limit of eyes and few shorts. Perch turned on at 10 30 and my battery for my marcum died at 11 30 so call it a day.
no old school fishing ?

Offline hardwater22

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #657 on: Jan 24, 2018, 08:25 AM »
Heading out tomorrow. Can’t decide between godfreys or apps. Last time out I got skunked. Didn’t even mark fish. Hoping for a decent day.

Offline Buckethead

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #658 on: Jan 24, 2018, 09:15 AM »
Filet,I’m spoiled ,the marcum is like watching tv with all the things it does. If I could figure out how to use the elects in my boat I’d fish all summer

Offline filetandrelease

• Team IceshantyInsanity
« Reply #659 on: Jan 24, 2018, 09:25 AM »
Filet,I’m spoiled ,the marcum is like watching tv with all the things it does. If I could figure out how to use the elects in my boat I’d fish all summer
Ok , any addiction is hard to over come , so try Ice fishing anonymous 🧐 maybe a few sessions will help , just busting, marcum does make a nice toys

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.