The ice fishing WY board is sponsored by:

Author Topic: I got lucky yesterday!!!  (Read 1736 times)

Offline TenE307

• IceShanty Rookie
I got lucky yesterday!!!
« on: Dec 16, 2011, 09:05 AM »
So I have always been a manual auger guy for money reasons. Yesterday I was cruising the fort collins craigslist and found this Escimo Barracuda auger for $100 (http://fortcollins.craigslist.org/spo/2753803532.html). It was right up my alley, my wife calls my motor toys my tinker toys because I always buy my motorcycle, boat motor, riding lawn mower etc. not running for cheap and get them running with a little bit of tinkering. With this auger it was leaking gas out of the carburator and was bogging down as soon as you would add throttle. I got it home, tore off and cleaned the carburator put it back together within an hour and it runs like a champ! It looks to be in very good shape. It came with brand new blades and also got the set of old ones that were in good shape. The model says 8903B is there any good info on what to look for. Now Im ready to make the lake look like swiss cheese!!!

Offline wyoutdoors

• Iceshanty Retired Mod
  • Team IceShanty Maniac
Re: I got lucky yesterday!!!
« Reply #1 on: Dec 16, 2011, 09:41 AM »
 :clap: :clap: :clap: :icefish:

Offline hump

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #2 on: Dec 16, 2011, 09:44 AM »
I saw that on there last night. Good job, I think that is the 33cc engine. You should be able to sell for a profit if you want to upgrade in future.

Offline TenE307

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #3 on: Dec 16, 2011, 09:53 AM »
It is a 49cc motor. When I got a hold of the guy he said he already had 6 guys wanting to look at it and I was first in line. So I got down there as soon as I could. It has the ring at the bottom so from what I can find from other models it is a Barracuda Plus. I measured the with of the ring at the bottom and it measured 9 inches so hopefully it will work for me for a while!

Offline TenE307

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #4 on: Dec 16, 2011, 09:57 AM »
The closest thing I could find for a manual was here under older model manuals but the model numbers were not matching but it gives me an idea. http://www.geteskimo.com/foundations/store/downloadcenter/kb_results.asp?type=category

Offline wyohunter

• Iceshanty Militia
  • Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Dec 16, 2011, 01:54 PM »
Congrats on being there first sounds like a heck of a sweet deal.

Offline jopes

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #6 on: Dec 16, 2011, 05:14 PM »
Don

Offline TenE307

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #7 on: Dec 16, 2011, 06:18 PM »
Thank you for the link. I found that earlier but it kept locking up when I tried to open it.

surflizard

« Reply #8 on: Dec 16, 2011, 06:23 PM »
Great score, Those Barracuda Plus's were Great augers ! Give Eva in Eskimo tech service a shout at 800-345-6007, she found a manual for my 8600 shark and mailed it and a MO knit hat to me for free !!  :thumbsup:

Offline bigeyegianteye

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #9 on: Dec 16, 2011, 07:07 PM »
good find!

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.