Author Topic: night fishing pike?  (Read 3760 times)

Offline stephensonswille

• Team IceShanty Regular
night fishing pike?
« on: Jan 04, 2010, 05:59 PM »
I've heard a few people talk about night fishing for pike just wondering if anyone has tried it and any success

Offline PIKE FISHERMAN

• Team IceShanty Maniac
  • Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based fishing!
Re: night fishing pike?
« Reply #1 on: Jan 04, 2010, 07:23 PM »
I've never fished past dark, but had caught descent pike picking up traps just before dark, so id imagine they'd still bite.
Precision Angling on YouTube. Maine based Bass, Pike, Fly fishing, Ice fishing, Brook fishing and Trolling. Feel free to follow along as I move through the Maine fishing seasons!!
My Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoA9o9knJAVeEkur3dDAMnA?view_as=subscriber

Offline FishinAddiction

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • Ice Fishing Is A Sport, That Makes Me An Athlete
« Reply #2 on: Jan 05, 2010, 08:19 AM »
I help a all night derby here in MA and we seem to get quite a few pike during the night. It seems like midnight to 4 we get most of them. But they all seem to come in a hour or two period when they do feed. Does not prove much but they do like to eat at night.

Offline serchn4monsterpike

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #3 on: Jan 05, 2010, 04:56 PM »
i catch alot of them and hour before dark, but have not had any luck after dark.

Offline stephensonswille

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #4 on: Jan 07, 2010, 10:58 AM »
What kind of bait do you use while night fishing and what kind of presentation if you don't mind sharing

Offline Coltssoccer11

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #5 on: Jan 19, 2010, 10:32 AM »
Personally I've never had any luck with pike after dark, although i do know my friend caught a nice 7 pounder at about 2 in the morning....drunk hahah.

Offline GRIZZZ

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #6 on: Jan 19, 2010, 02:18 PM »
I know of people that have left their traps in over night.
Against the law, i know, but all they ever catch is Catfish.

Offline northernnyice

• Team IceShanty Maniac
« Reply #7 on: Jan 21, 2010, 09:30 AM »
Personally I've never had any luck with pike after dark, although i do know my friend caught a nice 7 pounder at about 2 in the morning....drunk hahah.

I was there as a witness! She was a nice one...The buzz we had, not the fish.. :wacko:

Offline netboone

• IceShanty Rookie
« Reply #8 on: Feb 09, 2010, 07:05 PM »
I help a all night derby here in MA and we seem to get quite a few pike during the night. It seems like midnight to 4 we get most of them. But they all seem to come in a hour or two period when they do feed. Does not prove much but they do like to eat at night.
nice pike!!! i have fished for them after dark with no luck. just before i have but never at night.

Offline chadroc

• Team IceShanty Regular
« Reply #9 on: Feb 10, 2010, 07:00 PM »
had one flag this past weekend around midnight on a dead herring.  i got to the flag and had a decent run.....but a dropped bait that was all raked to heck and torn up. 
if the trout are lost, smash the state.

Offline GDominy12

• Team IceShanty Addict
  • FLAG!
« Reply #10 on: Feb 12, 2010, 11:44 AM »
i've caught a few throughout the night before, but i wouldn't waste my time trying i would just fish from dawn to dusk.

Iceshanty | MyFishFinder | MyHuntingForum
Contact | Disclaimer | Privacypolicy | Sponsor
© 1996- Iceshanty.com
All Rights Reserved.